- Ultimate Drone Guide
- What Is a Drone
- 1. What is a drone
- 2. Drone Applications
- 3. Types of drones
- Buying Guide+
- 1. Complete buying guide
- 2. Drones for sale
- 3. For beginners
- 4. 5 best Toy Drones
- 5. Best 5 Professional drones
- 6. Top 5 best FPV racing drones
- 7. Top 10 longest flight time dones
- 8. Top 10 Heavy Lift Drones 2017
- 9. Top 10 Hexacopter Dones
- 10. Best 10 Mini Drones
- 11. Top 10 camera drones
- 12. Best 10 FPV Goggles
- 13. Best Drones for GoPro
- 14. Best Drones under $100
- 15. Best Drones under $500
- 16. Best 5 VR Headsets for drones
- 17. Top 10 GPS drones that follow you
- Reviews for DJI+
- 1. DJI Phantom 4
- 2. DJI Phantom 3 Standard
- 3. DJI Phantom 3 Pro
- 4. DJI Mavic Pro
- 5. DJI Inspire 2
- 6. DJI inspire 1
- Reviews for other brands+
- 1. Parrot Bebop 2
- 2. Parrot ar drone 2.0 elite edition
- 3. Parrot Mambo
- 4. 3DR SOLO
- 5. Hubsan H501S X4
- 6. YUNEEC Q500 4K
- 7. YUNEEC Typhoon H
- 8. Blade Chroma
- 9. GoPro Karma
- 10. Syma X5C
- 11. Syma X8C
- 1. 10 must-have accessories
- 2. Phantom 4 Accessories
- 3. Best batteries
- 4. How to expand battery life
- 5. Best motors
- 6. Frames buying guide
- 7. FPV Drone Propellers
- 8. How to choose camera gimbal
- 9. Best camera gimbals for drone
- 10. Building a drone VS buying one
- Editing Tips+
DJI Phantom 3 Standard vs. Advanced vs. Professional vs. 4K
Phantom 3 comes in four different models: Standard, 4K, Professional and Advanced. When we talk about standard unit then it is rated as an affordable product for beginners whereas remaining three models are feature rich and have unique specifications that suits to professional needs.
As all these models use to have competing features so it is really difficult for a buyer to make decision about which product is best for particular needs. The article below provides detailed comparison between all four Phantom models so that buyers can make an easy and efficient decision about their investment.
Complete Comparison and Review:
Basic Specs Info Comparison
Let’s check the basic specs comparison first:
|Specs||For beginner||For pro|
|DJI Phantom 3 Standard||DJI Phandom 3 4K||DJI Phantom 3 Advanced||DJI Phandom 3 Pro|
|Weight||1216 g||1280g||1280 g||1280g|
|Max Flight Time||Approx. 25 minutes||Approx. 25 minutes||Approx. 23 minutes||Approx. 23 minutes|
|Satellite Positioning Systems||GPS||GPS||GPS/GLONASS||GPS/GLONASS|
|Hover Accuracy Range||Vertical|
|±0.5 m||+/- 0.1 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-0.5 m||±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)||±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning)|
|/||/||±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)||±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)|
|±1.5 m||+/- 0.3 m (when Vision Positioning is active) or +/-1.5 m||±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning)||±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning)|
|/||/||±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)||±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)|
|Camera Sensor||1/2.3" CMOS Effective pixels:12 M||Sony EXMOR 1/2.3" CMOS||1/2.3" CMOS Effective pixels: 12.4 M (total pixels: 12.76 M)||1/2.3" CMOS Effective pixels: 12.4 M (total pixels: 12.76 M)|
|Video Recording Modes||2.7K: 2704 x1520p 24/25/30 (29.97)||UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30||2.7K: 2704 x1520p 24/25/30 (29.97)||UHD: 4096x2160p 24/25, 3840x2160p 24/25/30|
|FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30||FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60||FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60||FHD: 1920x1080p 24/25/30/48/50/60|
|HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60||HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60||HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60||HD: 1280x720p 24/25/30/48/50/60|
|Max Video Bitrate||40 Mbps||60 Mbps||40 Mbps||60 Mbps|
|Still Photography Modes||Single Shot|
|Burst Shooting: 3/5/7 frames|
|Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7 EV Bias|
|Diagonal Size (Propellers Excluded)||350 mm|
|Max Ascent Speed||5 m/s|
|Max Descent Speed||3 m/s|
|Max Speed||16 m/s (ATTI mode)|
|Max Tilt Angle||35°|
|Max Angular Speed||150°/s|
|Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level||19685 feet (6000 m)|
|Lens||FOV 94° 20 mm (35 mm format equivalent) f/2.8|
It is time to go for a deeper review to make right decision:
It is the basic model for Phantom drone series and has lower price range. You can easily buy it with payment of $499 only. If you are a beginner with world of drones then this product is most suitable for you.
There are so many interesting things to know about DJI phantom 3 standard drones. Although it is not able to shoot videos at 4K resolution level but it provides impressive results at 2.7K rating. It is capable enough to satisfy most of the users with its great FPV support at 720p.Key Features:
- It possesses the Follow Me mode; if you switch to this setting then your drone will keep on following your position on ground automatically from its flight in air.
- Point of Interest feature added that makes it able to focus on specific points.
- Waypoints along with home lock and course lock features.
- Wi-Fi based. DJI Video downlink
- Offers impressive results at 2.7K resolution level.
- FPV supported.
- 4K resolution not supported.
- Vision positing system and customizable buttons missing.
- It does not offers DJI Lightbridge Video Downlink ability.
There are so many features and specifications to discuss about Phantom 3 4k but at the same time it also lacks in so many abilities as compared to its predecessor and successors. You will be glad to know that it contains all features of Phantom 3 standard unit whereas the camera is advanced to get 4K view. Further, the vision positioning system is much improved and it also offers advanced controlled that is iPad compatible.
You can easily buy this product from online stores with payment of $589 only.Key Features:
- It offers 4k recording ability that suits to most of professional videographers.
- This drone unit is equipped with vision positioning system that leads to much efficient results for flight management.
- It is much easier to operate with intuitive interface.
- Can serve beginners as well as professionals with its advanced yet easy to operate features.
- It has very high cost.
- FPV is limited to 720p only.
You have to pay $799 and you will gain access to all interesting features of Phantom 3 4K drone unit. But note that it will not provide you 4K footage. So if you are thinking hard about whether to compromise for this 4K ability or not then here is the best answer: after observations it is observed that reliability, range and video streaming ability of phantom 3 advanced is much better as compared to Phantom 3 4k. You will definitely get an impressive and useful model for your investment.
If all conditions stay normal or favourable then the Lightbridge technology will assist Phantom 3 Advanced model to enjoy long flights, up to 5000 meters. It means you are able to travel 4.1 times farther as compared to your Phantom 3 4K model and this flight will be 5 times farther when compared to Phantom 3 standard.
Further, This Advanced units are well equipped with GPS system that helps it in better tracking of global map during flights.Key Features:
- It comes with Sony Exmor R BSI ½.3 inch camera unit.
- Offers 1920x1080p recording ability at 60 fps frame rate.
- Users will love to enjoy its return to home feature.
- Buttons are provided for playback, shutter and video recording operations.
- It works with advanced GPS system.
- Contains all features of Phantom 3 Standard unit.
- Easy to use and control buttons ensure much better flight experience.
- DJI Lightbridge Video Downlink is a big advantage.
- It can never provide you 4k recording ability.
Same as Phantom 3 Advanced unit, the professional one possesses Lightbridge ability along with highly improved GPS system and 720p video feed. But you will be glad to know that it also offers 4k recording ability. The only difference among all previous models and professional one is that this unit comes with a big 100W charger that can complete full charging within one hour; whereas all other units use to consume 1.20 hours for full charging. So, in simple words, we can say that this Phantom 3 Professional unit is an All in One drone with impressive features.
You need to pay $999 to get this product and believe me you will not be making any compromise for any requirement after having this awesome drone with you. It is well rated as a must buy drone for professionals as well as beginners.Key Features:
- It is well equipped with GPS system and GLONASS Dual positioning module.
- Users love to access its vision positioning system.
- The ability to record videos with 4K ability is really interesting.
- It offers 10 MBPS video rate.
- Contains all features of its predecessors.
- It is an All-in-One drone unit for drone enthusiasts; you will be able to enjoy classic flights with this drone.
- Fast charging ability is the biggest benefit as it can help drone lovers to organise their next flight soon.
- Still searching! But the fact is you will never find any.
All Phantom models are well designed and offer great features as per their price point. They focus on needs of regular users as well as on professional requirements. So we can say that none of these is a bad choice. If you are ready to buy a drone for your flight experience then it is important to make a list of all features and specifications first that you want to enjoy during your flights. Also have a look on your budget or savings. Then go for detailed comparison between these available phantom products and soon you will be able to choose the best drone unit for yourself.
Let me remind you that, all these four models are equipped with GPS position hold feature, point of interest ability, follow me mode, waypoints, home lock, course lock, real time battery monitoring facility and the return to home feature. Further all of them offer flight time estimation feature, stabilized videos and photos along with manual camera exposure control. The only unique thing is the video resolution level and price that you need to focus upon; however these drones can ensure great details even at 720p resolution level due to gimbal support.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>