Creative Words to Write in a Valentine's Day Card to Show Love?
Oct 26, 2023• Proven solutions
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! You know what that means; candy hearts with sugary sweet messages, roses everywhere you look, red hearts fluttering around the air, and the struggle of writing something unique but loving in a note to your sweetie. Every word is important when writing a Valentine’s Day card. In some cases, the wording could mean the difference between you being your Valentine’s V day sweetheart or spending it alone. It isn’t the most world-shattering of things but when you’re struggling to think of the perfect thing to say to really sum up how you feel to your significant other, it can feel like the world may fall out from beneath your feet at any moment.
What you say depends on the stage of the relationship. If this is a newer relationship and things are just beginning, stick with something light and sweet. Avoid any mention of sexual innuendoes or being overly sappy. Keep it fun! Try something like:
- “Happy Valentine’s Day, Valentine!”
- “You’re sweeter than this candy heart, Valentine!”
- “Stay sweet, Valentine!”
You want to keep the love notes for newer relationships more innocent. Think “cute high school relationship.”
For a more steady relationship, but not quite spouse level, keep it emotional without overdoing it. Oftentimes, this is a good stage for a cute quote that you feel describes your relationship. Try something along the lines of one of these:
- “Romance is thinking about your significant other when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. -Nicholas Sparks”
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you. -A. A. Milne”
- “These past few years have been better than I could have ever hoped for. I can’t wait for the years to come. Happy Valentine’s Day, Valentine!”
- “It’s a rainy day when you’re not around. -Anon.”
In a serious relationship, it is okay to be a bit sappy. It really depends on you and your partner on how sugary you want to get. Really try not to overdo it though. While the relationship is serious, you still don’t want to get too serious and freak your partner out.
When it’s your spouse, however, be as sappy and silly as you’d like. You don’t have to worry about overdoing it now. (Unless you go way too into it and talk about chaining yourselves together so you never have to be apart. That’s definitely a bit too far.) If it’s your spouse, you know what to say to them. Think about it, this is the person you wrote your vows to. The person you wake up next to every day and the person you tell “I love you” to before you go to sleep. The hardest part about writing a love note for your spouse is keeping it a note instead of a letter. Don’t be afraid to go big though, write your sweetie every little thing you love about them, from the ways they annoy you to the ways they let you know they care. If you are stuck on the whole love note part of Valentine though, keep these in mind while you’re writing:
- “I love you to the moon and back. From the moment I saw you, to the moment we said ‘I do’.
Nothing can ever come between us. Happy Valentine’s Day, my love.”
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you,
I could walk forever in my garden. -Claudia Gandhi”
- “You are the sun in my day, the wind in my sky,
The waves in my ocean, and the beat in my heart... -Anon.”
- “You are my love, you are my life, you are my everything. -French love saying.”
Let your loved ones know how much they mean to you every day, not just on Valentines. Though that doesn’t mean it isn’t any less of a reason to celebrate your love. Valentine’s Day is all about love! So grab that box of chocolates, that bouquet of pink or red roses, and your now perfectly worded Valentine’s love note and go tell that person how much they mean to you! Happy Valentine’s Day, Valentines!