Best Ways to Take Amazing Time-lapse Videos on Android 2019
A time-lapse video is generally a long video captured by speeding up the time to make it a shorter video. In other words, these videos’ frames are captured at a much lower rate than normal and when the video is played, it seems to be playing faster. For instance, you might have watched many videos where the clouds are running too fast or the sunset process is happening quickly or maybe traffic is pacing up too much. All these kind of videos use time-lapse technology.
Many Android devices including Samsung (latest) or Huawei enable users to record time-lapse videos effortlessly. This article will help you learn how you can take and convert time lapse video on Android smoothly so that you get lots of appreciation and likes when you share with the friends.
- Part1: How to take time lapse video with built-in camera
- Part2: Notes you should know
- Part3: How to convert a regular video to time lapse
- Part4: Differences between Hyper Lapse and Time Lapse
Part1: How to take time lapse video with built-in camera
Your life is bliss if you wish to make time lapse on your Android device and you own latest Samsung, HTC or LG phones since these devices offer built-in feature for the purpose. The main camera app holds the feature and you can create stunning hyper lapse on Android device yourself. However, you are required to be without your device for an extended period of time as time-lapse video requires keeping the phone in a static position. Let us now understand how you can take time lapse on Android without further ado.
- Take your Android device and open the camera.
- Next, switch to the video mode.
- In the last, choose time lapse and begin to shoot your task.
Part2: Notes you should know
When you have decided to shoot a time-lapse video, here are some important things you should take notice of. Let’s get them what.
- First of all, please bear in mind that a time-lapse or hyper-lapse videos demand ample amount of hours. Therefore, you should be prepared for that and it is recommended to make use of a tripod. This will eliminate your need of standing the whole time and will make the video stable and fixed. Putting differently, using a tripod will prevent your videobeing shaky and there is no need for you to stand and record the video. Your time and energy will be saved as a bonus.
- When you are shooting time lapse video of moving clouds for 3-15 seconds playback time, 3-4 hours is the recommended recording time for it.
- If shooting busy streets is your priority, it can be done between 3-20 seconds for 4-5 hours period.
- For shooting flowers blossom time or rotting fruit, it is recommended to keep the Airplane Mode on since the process is relatively long and any call between the shoot could hamper the video.
- Lastly, please ensure to have sufficient space in your SD card, 1GB at Also, for a time-lapse video, your device should be charged fully.
Part3: How to convert a regular video to time lapse
If your device’s camera doesn’t contain inbuilt time-lapse technology, you can use some third-party apps as an option. These apps will convert your regular video and will bring that time-lapse effect. Below are some useful apps that will help you to make time lapse video on Android easily.
The first in the list is Time Lapse camera. This time lapse video app for Android has been successful in getting positive feedbacks by the users. You can create a stunning video using time-lapse technology via this app for shooting various scenes like a flower growth, changing sky lights (day and night) and more. Here are some features of this app.
- It provides a very simple and intuitive interface without lacking advantageous features.
- The app also gives advantage to add music to your time lapse video.
- There are no ads in the app and is free to use.
- You will get result without losing quality with this time lapse video app.
Framelapse is another option to create a time lapse on Android using a third-party app. Developed by Neximo labs, it helps in shooting a high-quality time-lapse video easily with the help of its simplest interface. This app contains ads, however if you switch to the Pro version of this app, you will find no trouble with the ads. Let’s know about more such features of this app.
- The app gives the users zoom and autofocus options.
- You can set video duration to get it stopped automatically.
- Both front and back cameras are supported via this time lapse video app.
- This app will create the video in MP4 format that can be played in any device.
Next, we have in the list is Microsoft Hyperlapse Mobile which is designed by Microsoft Corporation Photography. This time lapse app on Android is simple and allows you to quickly upload their videos as well as helps in enhancing the existing videos. It requires Android version of 4.4 and above and gives the opportunity to save the file in 1080p.
- It gives options to choose the speed times.
- You can import any existing video from your phone and convert into lossless hyper lapse video and even see it immediately.
- The video file can be saved in SD card with desired HD resolution option.
- You can effortlessly share your video to social media like Twitter, Facebook or Instagram via this time lapse app on Android
Part4: Differences between Hyper Lapse and Time Lapse
You have learnt almost everything about time-lapse videography. We also think you should know how hyper-lapse and time-lapse distinguishes from each other. These two techniques are not same. The technique of hyper-lapse video includes a moving camera in contrast with the time-lapse videos. It is part of time-lapse videography where the camera is moving at different angles and exposures. Keeping it simpler, a time-lapse video is made with keeping camera undisturbed whereas hyper-lapse videos involverecording the video while moving the camera.
Now you have mastered everything about time-lapse videos and time lapse apps on Android. We are positive that you got useful information from this post. Nevertheless, we would like to advise you to go for the converting process on desktop. This will help in giving better and quality results because using a phone for the process can be complicated and become uneasy to operate. If you make up your mind on using desktop, Filmora is the most recommended product to use which will help in creating remarkable time-lapse videos.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>