The latest update from Apple is available now for your Mac systems that can provide best solution to all operating system related issues. This software is well known by the name of MacOS Sierra that can be easily downloaded and installed on Mac devices. Before you plan to install this advanced software to your system it is good to know about its hardware requirements so that all compatibility issues can be avoided.
Know the General Requirements and Mac Hardware Requirements:
Before you upgrade your system and install the new MacOS Sierra to it go through following general requirements:
- It works on OS X 10.7.5 and its latest versions.
- Maximum memory requirement is 2GB.
- The maximum storage must be 8.8GB.
- Some special features also need Apple ID but terms and specific conditions apply on different systems.
- Few features are created to serve only with compatible internet connection and some fee may also apply for them.
Mac Hardware Requirement:
In order to verify your Mac Model simply click on the icon representing Apple that is present on top left corner of your screen. Select more info and soon it will show all information. Here are few Mac models that are compatible with macOS Sierra:
- MacBook that is developed in year 2009 and all models developed after that.
- MacBook Pro that was launched in mid 2010 and systems developed after that.
- MacBook Air of late 2010 and newer versions.
- Mac Mini developed in mid 2010 as well as the newer models.
- iMac presented in late 2009 and all systems developed after that.
- Mac Pro of mid 2010 and newer.
Backup your Mac System before installing macOS Sierra:
Experts recommend full backup of your system before installation of this latest software and now Apple allows easy back up of all Mac models using the time machine feature. So now you cannot put any excuse for backup before installation of macOS Sierra as time machine makes this task much easier. Here are few steps that user need to follow for back up of Mac systems:
- 1.Simply attach and hard drive externally to your Mac; prefer to use a new hard drive or if you are using an older one then never forget to erase it before creating backup.
- 2.Once you connect your device with hard drive soon an alert will appear on screen asking for backup of Mac to connected hard drive unit; if you are ready then use this as Back up disk.
- 3.If you are not working with open system type preferences > Tim machine then click on select backup disk and choose external drive.
- 4.It is time to switch to the time machine mode.
- 5.Soon a process bar will appear on your careen and within few minute the backup will be completed.
How to install macOS Sierra ?
Prefer to follow these instructions in order to install macOS Sierra to your device:MacOS Sierra is now coming with so many awesome features and it allows users to take advantages of almost all applications on their Mac system. The latest version of MacOS Sierra is ready to create new wonders in the world of digital media and gadgets where your new operating system will definitely serve you with outstanding quality. Here is some important information for Mac users that will assist you to install this new software unit to your device easily. The complete guide for installation of MacOS Sierra is as below:
- Step 1: First of all you need to backup your device by following the steps shown above; it is much easier to create backup of Mac devices and the whole process will take only few minutes out of your busy schedule.
- Step 2: Once you have backed up your device then next task is to go online and launch app store where you can initiate search for MacOS Sierra.
- Step 3: Click on the download link available on screen in order to initiate download; you may need to fill your Apple ID information in case if any prompt occurs in between. Soon the downloading tab will appear on screen and it will take only few seconds to complete the download for Mac.
- Step 4: When the downloading is finished then you will find installer launch on your device screen; enter into the installation wizard and follow instructions to finish this installation. The installation process usually takes half an hour but the actual speed depends upon specifications of your device.
By following these simple four steps users will be able to get their MacOS sierra on their personal devices and soon its amazing features will make their routine tasks much easier. The installation task can be easily completed by professionals as well as beginners as all instructions are provided onscreen by installation wizard automatically.
How to install macOS on external Hard Drive?
The good news is here for you that now you need not to consume your system memory for installation of macOS Sierra because it can be easily downloaded to hard drive that is connected externally.
To install Sierra on your external hard drive, simply follow these guidelines:
- 1.Connect your external hard disk drive
- 2.Now launch the disk utility feature.
- 3.Choose drive from the appeared sidebar.
- 4.Now click on partition.
- 5.Make sure that it is a 1 partition type layout.
- 6.Rename it with macOS Sierra.
- 7.Ensure that guide partition table is being used; press ok.
- 8.Now click on apply and partition.
Now you have to download Sierra from Apple store and follow these steps ahead:
- 1.Open the installation folder with preview file.
- 2.Click Continue option and agree to the conditions.
- 3.Agree for show all disks.
- 4.Now highlight the connected external drive.
- 5.Click on install option.
- 6.Time to enter your admin password for verification.
- 7.Now you can run Sierra on your device by opening system preferences and selecting startup disk. Choose your drive and restart Mac to initiate the services.