Facebook makes it easier for people to connect and share with family and friends. GIFs combine feelings and emotions to make the connection more robust. Digital audiences are inundated with images and visual content making GIFs an ideal solution for socializing. However, among those millions of GIFs floating around on Facebook’s massive platform, some fascinate you, and you want to download the GIF to share with your family and friends. But you don’t know how to download GIF from Facebook.
You’ve come to the right place. Here’s we’ll go through some methods to download GIF on PC, iPhone, and Android devices separately. Without further ado, let’s get started.
GIFs are an ideal quick-loading, colorful, and animated visual communication medium. An excellent approach of visual interaction designed previously for slow and limited internet connections now has evolved into a robust and vivid instant communication channel in the world of social media. Happiness makes us want to share, and sadness helps us connect, and GIFs give our emotions the striking visual flair for instant sharing on social media.
Often you love a GIF on Facebook but are not able to share it with your friends because you could not download it on your PC. To help you easily share your emotions on the social world, and download Facebook GIF, follow the steps below.
1. Downloading GIFs from Facebook on the PC or a Mac system is a pretty simple and straightforward process. Open the Facebook website on your browser and go to the GIF you want to download.
2. Now tap GIF and select to open it in another browser window.
3. You will see the GIF in play mode on the actual site, right-click on the GIF and choose the “View Image” option.
4. Now you will leave the website and be presented with only the GIF content, right-click the GIF again and you will see the option “Save Image As” select the option. It will start downloading the GIF onto your PC.
It was this much simple to download Facebook GIF onto your PC and share it with your friends on the go.
Part 2: Download GIF from Facebook on Android
Downloading Facebook GIF on an Android device is pretty straightforward and only requires you to do it the right way. To get your favorite GIF on your Android device, follow along with the steps below.
1. Open the Facebook app on your Android phone.
2. Head over to the GIF you liked the most and would like to download. Tap the GIF link on the Facebook app, and it will open the GIF in the Facebook app browser.
3. In the Facebook app browser in the top-right corner, you will see a three-dotted menu, tap the menu, and select the option “Open in Chrome”.
4. The Facebook GIF will be opened in the Google Chrome browser window.
5. In the Chrome window, you can now tap and hold on the GIF to show the options menu. A popup menu will appear, and you need to press the “Download Image” option, and the download will start.
Great, you’ve downloaded the Facebook GIF on your Android device with this simple and easy hack.
Part 3:Download GIF from Facebook on iPhone
Apple has put a tight grip on the things a user can perform on their devices, that’s why iPhone users are not allowed to download videos and images directly from the internet on to the internal storage of the device. Downloading GIFs from Facebook and saving it onto your iPhone will require you to follow the steps exactly as I mention down here.
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
2. Now head over to the GIF you want to download.
3. Press the link to open the GIF in the browser.
4. Facebook will open the GIF in the internal browser window, where you will see the three-dotted menu icon at the top right corner.
5. Tap the dotted overflow menu to show the options, click “Save Image” option from the menu to download Facebook GIF on your iPhone device.
The GIF image will be downloaded on your iPhone and saved into the Camera Roll. Now you can easily share the GIF with anyone you like, head over to the GIF image in the Camera Roll, and press the share button on the image to select the app on which you want to share the GIF.
Part 4: Customize your GIF with Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is an astonishing video and photo editing tool both for professionals and novices alike. The intuitive interface allows anyone to understand and work smoothly with a powerful graphics engine to support heavy lifting. The editing software has numerous features like automated scene detection, hundreds of effects and filters, split-screen options, on-screen text, titles, elements, and much more. For our purpose, we will dive into the fantastic tool to make and customize our GIF with Filmora, so let’s get cracking.
1. Bring your footage into the Filmora timeline by dragging and dropping. Or by selecting the “Insert” option from the right-click menu of the file.
2. Clip out a short section that you want to use. Make sure the message you want to convey is evident in the small chunk of video, as there won’t be any sound.
3. Mute the audio by right-clicking the video in the timeline and selecting the “Mute” option or by the shortcut “Ctrl+Shift+M.”
4. You can also put any text into your GIF by clicking on the “Title” feature in the Filmora top menu. And then select from the many formats and style options available in the Filmora library and dropping it into the timeline.
5. You can edit the text by clicking on the text track in the timeline. It will allow you to change the color, font, size, move the text position on your GIF, and effects.
6. Once you’re done with your editing and tweaking of the GIF, click on the “Export” button on the top menu and select GIF in the format type on the left pane of the popup window. And on the export window, you can change the settings to improve resolution, frame rate, and bit rate to give a vivid look and feel to your GIF.
Facebook and other social media platforms have different limitations on how large GIFs can be uploaded, so keep the GIF file size at 5MB or under that.
GIFs allow people to express their emotions where words lag. In the age of social media, you often come across GIFs on Facebook and would love to share it with friends on other platforms directly. But if you don’t know how to download GIF from Facebook it can be a bit disappointing not being able to share the GIF meme you loved. Fortunately, that isn’t the case anymore as you have learned how to download Facebook GIF effectively any of your digital devices.
Shanoon Cox is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Shanoon Cox
Other Recommend Products
Easy-to-use and powerful video editor for all creators.