How to Easily Cut Large Videos Faster on Mac
Mar 25, 2021• Proven solutions
Recording and cutting unnecessary scenes from a video is a daily task in video editing. Often individuals shoot a great video that contains several unwanted content and irrelevant clips, making it imperfect or needlessly large to share on social media platforms.
When users require cutting large videos, they are often found researching questions like “how can I edit videos faster?”, “what are the methods to edit large videos without losing their quality?”, “how much time does large video editing takes?” on different online forums.
Understanding the importance of this issue, we decided to elaborate on how to losslessly edit large videos by introducing some of the best video editing tools in this article. Before we delve into the software tools, let's first understand the basics of video limits that video editors can handle, ensuring its quality.
Section 1. What Size Video Can An Ordinary Video Editor Handle Losslessly?
Videos recorded with iPad, iPhone, or any other iOS device can be larger than individuals expect. They can be more than 1GB especially if they are captured in a high resolution. In such cases, chances are that you will not be able to upload your videos on the desired platform or network due to its video size limitations.
So, if your video limit exceeds your desired social media platform’s size limitations, you can opt for video compression using the editing software tools to meet the standards of the required social platform.
1. For cutting Small or Middle Video Size - Online Editor
Video size limitations vary in every online video editor. Since these are free video editing tools available online, therefore they have restrictions and limitations to edit, download, and export videos. However, they are effective in terms of editing as they maintain the quality of the edited videos.
Some of the online video editors have unlimited video size limits including Clipchamp, YouCompress, PS2PDF Online MP4 Video Compressor, and Online Converter.
On the other hand, there are several with different video size limits such ranging from 100MB to 1GB.
2. For Cutting Large Video Size - Video Editing Software
Video editing software tools are unlike free online editors. They have no limited video size requirements and come with multiple inputs and output formats for video editing with several built-in features.
These video editors guarantee exceptional editing without declining the quality of the original video. Individuals worried about the video size limit can effortlessly edit the videos regardless of the video size as they won't be bound to certain video size requirements.
Considering both the online video editors and video editing software tools, users must know that software editing tools will be more advantageous for quick, and high-quality video editing.
Section 2. Which Software Can Handle Large Videos?
One common way to handle large videos is to compress or downsize them. If you are facing difficulty in transferring, uploading, and editing the HD video files you've shot, you require an introduction to high-quality video editing software tools that can let you edit the video hassle-free on Mac.
1.Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the HD editing tools for all Mac and Windows Users. Providing a professional video production solution from the beginning to the end facilitates users with a wide range of editing tools. The creative tools and integration of this application assist you to make footage into polished videos and films.
Having said that, Adobe Premiere Pro has a simple process to reduce the video file size so that it is easier for you to upload on the required platform. Follow the below steps to compress your video on the application.
- Import the footage and add to the timeline
- Open the export settings and reduce the size
- Click export to compress the video if everything looks acceptable
- Correct and convenient work with all Windows and macOS devices
- High-quality video and audio editing
- Supported by a variety of formats such as HDV, HD, and Flash video
- Built-in non-linear video editing
- Video content editing in real-time
- Works for free only for 30 days
- Quite resource-intensive system requirements
Being one of the most popular freemium video editing software tools for both Mac and Windows, Filmora X can edit high quality up to 4k video footages, you can cut large video on this software easily. It features a variety of professional video tools, effects, and transitions that can be easily found on its user-friendly interface. Upon editing, users can select from the multiple options to save the video which can be directly shared on famous social media platforms.
Similarly, video compression is easy through Filmora X following the below steps:
- Click on the “New Project” to begin with the compression
- Import the video by clicking on the option on the top left corner
- Carry out any of the four experiments to compress the file including cropping the video screen, shredding the video length, tailoring the video resolution, or converting the video file format to MP3
- Simple to use, great for Mac and Windows users
- Easy application of elements, overlays, and filters
- Supports multiple input formats and many export options
- Has over 400+ different transition effects
- Contains built-in music and sound effect
- Stylish text title editor (basic and advance edit)
- Affordable lifetime license price
- The color grading tool is limited
- No freehand masking tool
Video editing has become a simplified procedure with several features and options available. Whether it is about changing formats, reducing video size limits, or speeding up the video, everything is possible utilizing these advanced tools.
If you are confused in choosing the most suitable video editing tool, Wondershare Filmora X is an excellent Mac video editor that can meet both basic and advanced needs. The sense detection function lets you cut the large video easily. Download it today and experience the high-quality editing yourself before choosing any other pricey video editor.
Learn More: 5 Tips for Shortening Video Length on Mac>>>