Any enthusiast in multimedia graphics designing would be familiar with the term Motion blur. In this article, we attempt to help you understand what is motion blur and how you can make motion blur using Adobe Premiere Pro.
What is motion blur and why does it occur?
Motion blur is the appearance of long thin lines in photos or images due to the movement of objects while shooting. This can happen even in videos or other animations. In videos, this happens when the object moves fast and the shutter is unable to capture the video. When the camera is focused on a close object you can see that the background is blurred. The best example for this is the picture shot while you are travelling or the photo of a moving object. In animations and movies, you can simulate this effect. Even our human eye can see pictures with motion blur and sometimes it can be uncomfortable for the viewer.
How to make motion blur in Adobe Premiere Pro?
There are two ways to do this. Just follow the steps below to achieve the motion blur in Adobe Premiere Pro.
1. Open the Video effects toolbox and check whether you have the transform option there (By default the transform effect will not be present).
2. Go to effects (in the bottom part of the screen) and search for “Transform”. You will find the option under video effects -> Distort.
3. Drag that to the toolbox on top. Uncheck the box “Use composition’s Shutter Angle” and then enter the shutter angle value as 180.
4. Now you can see that the video on the right starts to give the blur effect.
Another way to give the blur effect is to use the “directional blur” in the video effects. In that, you can adjust the Direction and Blur Length to achieve the blur effect you need.
How to make motion blur in Adobe Premiere Pro alternative?
For all its features, Adobe Premiere Pro has its own shortcomings. The supported audio input formats and video output formats are limited. While professionals may love to work using the Adobe Premiere Pro, the same cannot be true when it comes to new folks. Some may at times get lost with the number of features available. For beginners, the need is to have a simple, yet effective application. In such cases, Filmora turns out to be the best bet. It supports many formats while being easy to use as well.
The steps can be quite easy as listed below:-
1. Pick the scenes and split it into first 30 frames for animation
2. Next, split it into the last 30 frames; install a ruler windows app
3. Open the crop window and position the rule on the edge of the frame. Drag the edge one step further on the ruler; continue this activity for all the 30 frames.
4. Set the appropriate page ratio
5. Next crop the other 30 frames
6. Find the transition and split your clip into three parts
7. Speed up the transition as suitable and then cut into half and use the short dissolve effect.
8. Once you see the desired output, save the file!