How to Edit Video for TikTok on Mac
Oct 26, 2023• Proven solutions
Becoming a celebrity on social networking platforms is a daunting process. It is not easy to get millions of followers. The trend started with YouTube and has now spread on several social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
TikTok app has conquered globally in the past recent years through video sharing. Users spend hours editing their videos to get maximum likes and shares from their followers. But they still face fierce competition and do everything to improve the content quality of videos on TikTok. This is where video editors come into play. In this article, we will show you how to choose the best editor for Mac users to edit their TikTok video.
Section 1. Mac or Desktop Video Editors vs. Mobile Video Editors for TikTok
There are several video editors that TikTokers use to attract millions of viewers such as TikTok’s built-in video editor, mobile app editors, and online editors for Mac. However, editing on mobile phones or using built-in editors have their own limitations, therefore editing TikTok videos on desktop or Mac is way better.
Let’s go through a few benefits that Mac video editing software can provide to your TikTok videos.
- Provide a professional and attractive touch to your videos on a wider capacity
- Enjoy richer fonts, filters, stickers, and transitional effects than mobile apps
- Many advanced functions, such as auto-reframe, motion track, and AI Portrait
- Sharing with partners becomes easy when working on Mac or a desktop
Section 2. TikTok Video Editors That Can Make Stunning Videos on Mac
The video editing features on TikTok are not versatile enough to permit you to perform complicated video editing tasks. This is exactly why TikTokers choose third-party applications that feature useful tools to improve the video content quality they share on social sites.
Here are a few of the best video editing apps that all Mac users can download to create TikTok videos.
Wondershare Filmora X for Mac is a trendy video editing software that allows users to create attractive videos by following a few easy steps. Granting you access to a variety of video editing tools to create music and comedy videos for all social platforms including TikTok, the software lets you effortlessly edit clips recorded through smartphones, cameras, DSLRs, and any other types of digital devices.
Cutting or trimming video clips, choosing a project’s aspect ratio or resolution, or creating a soundtrack for a video are just a few functions out of the many that you can do using Filmora.
- supports all Mac devices
- Provides hundreds of audio and visual effects
- Supports 4K editing
- Powerful video and sound editing tools
- Users can add their own music to the video
- Exporting videos to TikTok from Filmora is not possible
- Users must have basic video editing knowledge
2.TikTok Editor: iMovie
iMovie has become one of the most credible video editing software tools for all Mac devices including iPad and iPhone. Out of the many benefits, this app is really helpful for all those who are not familiar with advanced video editing skills. Letting users choose from 8 themes and 14 trailer templates, iMovie can seamlessly combine multiple video clips and create a soundtrack for them.
Moreover, this video editor gives access to all the features and tools users required to create PIP, cut the footage, or record the voiceovers for every edited video with iMovie. With such features, TikTokers can make attractive videos to keep their followers coming back to their profile to watch their content.
- Supports all Mac devices
- Easy to use and free of cost
- Audio effect library and rich music
- Fully customizable themes and trailer templates
- Lacks advanced video editing options
- Does not let users add their own music to their created projects
3.Edit TikTok with Adobe Rush
One of the greatest advantages of using Adobe Rush is that it doesn’t require users to have advanced video editing skills. With the ease of this cross-platform app, it is easy to create short social media videos for platforms like TikTok.
Some of the key features of this editor include the application of color grading effects, adjustment of video's aspect ratio, and use of the app's motion graphics templates. Moreover, users can adjust the shadows, exposure, and vibrance in all the video clips that they import into a created project in Adobe Rush.
- Supports all Mac devices
- Cross-platform availability
- Compatibility with Adobe’s professional video editing software products
- Ability to share videos directly to TikTok from Adobe Rush
- The app is available globally
- Users can export only 3 videos in a month using the free app version
4.Make TikTok Video with BeeCut
Another popular video editor for both Windows and Mac users, BeeCut is free software with a very simple interface. Having very powerful and exciting video editing functions, users can edit their TikTok videos using the cool filters, overlays, elements, transitions, PIP effects, and other interesting TikTok effects.
Additionally, it supports up to five aspect rations including 4:3 (traditional), 3:4 (Taobao video), 1:1 (Instagram video), 16:9 (widescreen), and 9:16 (portrait). Those who do not have advanced video editing skills can also use it easily on Mac and create stunning videos to entertain their followers.
- Supports all Mac and Window devices
- Clean and simple interface
- Facilitates users with various aspect ratios
- Lacks in video editing functions when it comes to the movie
- Unavailability of the high-end functions
TikTok is a platform with several influencers and these video editing apps’ popularity and usage can only help them grow further. If you aspire to become one of the famous Tiktokers, download the excellent video editors – Filmora X – to create exciting content for your followers.
Other editing apps may require a sum to download so it’s better to opt for the one that comes for free with multiple cool features and editing options.
You May Also Like: 5 Things You Should Know When Using TikTok Web on Mac