Tiktok was earlier just a music app that used to entertain people with its funny videos but soon it became the most popular video app that took the industry by storm and people have gone mad about it. TikTok is something that every person use today even if you don’t know what video and music are, you will still have TikTok installed on your smartphone because the videos and clips you see on TikTok are awesome. After a long haul, people started thinking about how to earn from TikTok and they started making random videos with humorous and naughty content so that their video is seen and they could earn some sponsorship from any brand. There has been a hype in the market on how to make money on TikTok, in this guide you will learn about all the stats and the possible ways to earn money on TikTok.
TikTok is getting the maximum downloads worldwide and it has outranked Instagram in terms of downloads and lifetime value. Here are some stats that would make you understand how TikTok is overtaking the giants in the industry and making a mark.
1. With over 800 million active users TikTok is now the number one app that is doing such business in terms of social media engagement. Its engagement rate has crossed Facebook and Instagram and people are mad about TikTok.
2. The download rate of TikTok is far better than any other app in the market and the numbers are more than 2 billion on the App Store and Google Play.
3. In the Q1 on App Store TikTok made a mark as the topmost downloaded app in the year 2019 with over 33 million downloads so far.
4. The age of people who are using TikTok is between 16 to 24 and that is the reason why TikTok became a sensation, young people are using TikTok and trying to earn some money from it.
5. In India, TikTok was downloaded more than 611 million times and that is around 30 percent of the total downloads made worldwide.
6. The average time per user of the app is also awesome, on average people are spending around 52 minutes per day on the TikTok app.
7. TikTok is available in 155 countries and it supports over 75 languages.
8. The daily use rate of TikTok is around 90 percent among all of its users, which means 90 percent of people use the app on daily basis.
9. TikTok took the youth by leaps and bounds and the number of US adult TikTok users increased 5.5 times in less than 18 months.
10. On average 1 million videos are viewed on TikTok every day in a year.
How TikTok Calculate Money?
TikTok has a lot of influencers with a huge following but considering the fake followers and bots today TikTok runs biddable ads where the influencers will get money but in a more centralized manner. TikTok calculates money with a simple formula that is (number of likes + number of comments) / number of followers x 100.
How to Make Money on TikTok in 8 Ways
In this part, we are going to list down the most effective ways to earn money with TikTok and how to make money on TikTok by following some simple tips.
1. Create Your brand
Creating your brand on TikTok is not an easy task but once done it can yield you great results that you haven’t thought of. There are a lot of people who have their brand on TikTok and reputed brands would outreach them for promotions and shoutout in exchange for some money per post.
2. Post the Video Content People Like to Watch
The audience today has become very choosy in terms of what they want to watch on social media and with the number of videos posted on social media the competition has gone up relentlessly so it’s a wise approach to understand your affinity audience and create content that sync with their interests.
3. Get More Followers
Followers and engagement are the key to success so to get more views and comments you need to get more followers and that is only possible when you create content that attracts more audience.
4. Connect With Your Other Social Channels
Connecting your TikTik profile with other social media channels would be a wise approach as it could yield you more views and engagements in realtime.
5. Try Influencer Campaigns
Become an influencer and promote products for big brands with viral posts could be another thing that you can try to earn money on TikTok.
6. TikTok ads platform
You can create your ads account on TikTok just like Google Adsense and for that, you need to apply on TikTok and wait for their consent.
7. Sponsored Content posts
This is the best way to earn money on Tiktok with sponsored content posts where you would endorse products from another brand on your account at a negotiable price.
8. Provide Consulting Services
If you are a tutor or have some skills that people would love to learn then you can become a tutor on TikTok and provide consulting services to your audience at a minimal charge. You can create courses and redirect the audience to your default website.
In this guide, you have learned about the TikTok stats and how to make money on Tiktok using simple tips and tricks. There is a huge potential in TikTok and you can earn a handsome income from TikTok by following our guide on how to earn from TikTok. We have listed some of the best ways to earn money on TikTok, just go and try out these steps with precision, and do let us know in the comment section about what worked for you in earning money from TikTok. If you are influenced by our guide then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family who are looking forward to earning money from TikTok.
Shanoon Cox is a writer and a lover of all things video.
Follow @Shanoon Cox
Thank you for your comment. We will review it within few days.
TikTok has a vast library of sounds that you can use in your videos. But if you use external sounds, or videos that might be subject to copyright, it's possible that your TikTok account gets banned. To avoid this, here are steps on how to check TikTok video copyright before uploading.