How does TikTok Live Work?
Dec 18, 2020• Proven solutions
TikTok, the social media platform is a goldmine of opportunities for influencers and marketers. It is a platform where you promote yourself or your brand. Nevertheless, one arena where it was lagging behind was live videos that were offered by its competitors like Instagram or Facebook.
This is the reason in 2019 the company introduced TikTok Live feature. By using this feature, content creators will be able to live stream videos from TikTok. The TikTok Live feature allows TikTokers to connect to their followers in real-time through the comment section. In fact, it will also help in monetizing your account, if the live streamers send you a virtual gift.
TikTok joined hands with Musical.ly and kept many things the same as before. However, even though the app still has the same purpose, there have been significant changes.
In this article, we are going to tell you everything that you need to know about TikTok Live.
Section 1. Reasons to Go Live on TikTok
In this competitive and technology-driven world, one cannot simply wait for the people from the news channel to go live. Hence, social media applications such as TikTok have been gaining great popularity in recent times.
Even though video calls, chats, stickers, status updates, amazing smileys, and GIF images are there to make the communication more live and make people more active, the users require something to be realistic. This is when TikTok live streaming features prove to be of great help.
TikTok is one of the most popular social media platforms with more than 600 million users. It is popularly known as the lip-syncing app. It enables users to create and video clips with filters and effects by synchronizing musical tracks.
Globally, it is the top 10 social media app that helps you create video content in just a few minutes. Many individuals are taking interest in what this app has to offer, and this is where the competition rises. The main users of TikTok are teens and adults. This is what makes it the top live streaming platform.
Section 2. Rules You Should Know About TikTok Live Streaming
Sure, the TikTok Live feature is useful as it lets you interact with your followers but unfortunately not every user can access this button. In case you do not see the TikTok live option on your video screen, there might be a few requirements that the account doesn’t fulfill. Let’s take a quick look at them.
• At present, you need a minimum of 1000 followers to activate this feature.
• The minimum age to use Twitter might be 14 years, but in order to access the Live Streaming feature, you have to be at least 16 years.
• Only if you are 18, your followers can send you virtual gifts.
Considering you meet all these criteria, you can easily start a TikTok live stream.
In case you have fulfilled all the above conditions and still do not see the live button, wait for a few days to see if the button gets activated. You will also be able to activate the timer feature.
TikTok has been designed keeping the minor’s safety in mind. So, some of the features are age-restricted. Remember, the age threshold might be higher in some regions.
Being one of the most popular social media platforms, TikTok can influence people. Users who have been using the live button might lose it when they violate any rule associated with live streaming. So, make sure you are not using any banned words when you go live on TikTok.
A few of these words are followed, duet, drama queen, BFF, followers, donation, and fan. If you adhere to the rules in the community guidelines and secure the mentioned number of fans, the TikTok’s Go Live feature is easy to use and will let you interact with the audience.
When you are going live, make sure that you are using an attractive title to tell your followers what your live content is about.
Section 3. Steps to go live on TikTok
The app has been updated recently but going live on TikTok is extremely simple. Check out the step-by-step guide.
1. Launch the TikTok app on your smartphone or tablet powered by iOS or Android.
2. At the bottom of the screen, you will find the “+” tab. Tap on this.
3. Under the record button, you will find the ‘Live’ option. Tap on it.
4. On the space that is provided, you have to add the live stream title. This will give you a chance to add a simple description to the content. Make sure it is optimized for search.
5. Now, press on ‘Go Live’ to start.
6. When you are done with the live stream, you will have to tap on the ‘X’ button.
The main motto of TikTok is loyalty and simplicity. It allows people to post their real-life videos, whether they are perfect or not. There are a few things that you need to do if you want your live video to trend.
• As an initial preparation, you have to choose the content or music track on which you are going to make the live video.
• Consider a style and think about how you are going to present yourself in front of the camera.
• Decide on a suitable background and arrange the required props.
• Dress up appropriately and groom yourself with mild makeup.
• Make sure that you have the needed equipment for your live video on hand.
If you want to make sure that the videos that you are sharing on TikTok are of top-notch quality, you should use FilmoraX to edit them. With this, you will be able to cut unwanted frames or add texts, titles, overlays, filters, or cool effects. Using the software, you will also be able to slow down or fast-forward your videos. The video editor feature on the software has several presets that help in saving time when you are editing your video.
Going live on TikTok is no hassle, and you are going to get the hang of it once you start using the TikTok live feature.
Learn More: How to Trim Facebook Live Streams on Mac>>>