10 Best Video Calling Software on Phone and PC
Feb 19, 2024• Proven solutions
In recent times, video calling has become a necessity, and it is commonly used in offices and at homes. It is no more a luxury thing to do.
For instance, with the rise of the Covid-19 or Coronavirus outbreak and WHO declaring it as the Pandemic, people are taking no risks. Nearly everyone in all parts of the world except for emergency services personnel are directed to work from home.
In such a scenario and even for any instant decisions, video calling is a safer way of conferencing, meeting, or friends gathering. The face to face conversation over the videos adds a personal touch and value to the conversation than any conventional audio calls.
Here are 10 best video calling software to ease your worries about the right effective software.
You may also like: 10 Free Video Call App for Android and iPhone
10 Best Video Calling Software Free to Use
1. Microsoft Teams – Compatible with Office 365
The Microsoft Teams is available on Windows and macOS, including Office 365, iOS, Android, Linux, and Web.
With Teams, you can chat from anywhere you want, share emojis, stickers, gifs, share your personality and opinion in a group as well as on one to one chat. It is not just limited to chatting, Microsoft Teams let you instantly turn to video conferencing through just one tap on the video button. Whether you are only 10 people or a crowd of 10,000 sitting across the globe, Teams is a space to meet, greet, discuss, and grow.
- You don’t have to search for files here and there as Teams allow the users to work in an organized way by giving access to share and edit PowerPoint, Word docs, and Excel files in real-time.
- Take the stress out of conference calls by using Teams calling, Direct Routing, Calling Plans, and Phone System.
- Connect with any number of people located at any corner of the world instantly at one space
2. Skype – Free Online Video Calling
Android phone and tablet, Linux, Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch are some of the platforms for Skype.
Skype is one of the most popular video calling software that has been a favorite amongst all for a long time now. It has continuously improved and enhanced its features, giving you the best video experience year after year. The Skype interface remains the same. It is easy to use, and very simple. There are both free and paid call facilities for Skype video calling software. Not just voice calls, you can even use the video calling feature to any number across the globe unlimited times at a minimal price. With the third software, you can also record Skype video calls. The features of Skype are-
- In just 3 simple clicks, generate and share your online meetings without logging in or downloading.
- You can get Live subtitles to understand the words spoken during the video and the audio call.
- Use a local phone number to use Skype in another country to receive and answer calls.
3. WhatsApp – Fast and Easy Video Calls on Phone and PC
Android, iPhone, Mac, or Windows PC are the platforms for WhatsApp video calling software.
WhatsApp is a popular mobile application, but you may use it on your PC too. It is one of the most favorite alternatives to Skype. It is available for both Android, PC, and iOS devices. Make use of the cross-platform instant messaging app for video calling and voice calling. You can easily share documents, videos, images, and more using this video calling software WhatsApp.
- If you have internet data, WhatsApp is a fast, simple, and secure messaging app with calling facility for free on phones all over the world.
- Easily share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once.
- With free video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations when voice or text just isn't enough.
4. LINE - Free Calls and Messages with Many Stickers
LINE is available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, PC (Windows and Mac), and LINE Lite on Android.
More famous for text messaging, Line is a social media networking app with a video feature like its rival apps. To match up with the competitors, LINE introduced video calling function. It offers an easy and smooth video chatting service with your colleagues and friends. You can more comfortably use Line on your mobile device than with Windows installed on your PC. You can check out on high-quality video feeds and a collection of awesome stickers while using its chat function.
- Over 10,000 stickers and emojis to share how exactly you feel
- Easily share photos, videos, voice messages, contacts, location information, and stickers in the moment.
- Share unforgettable moments directly from chats via live video and exchange stories with your close friends.
5. Zoom – Best Video Calling Software for Conferencing
The platforms for Zoom are iPad, Android, or Windows Tablet, Zoom Rooms, etc.
Zoom is one of the best video calling software for conferencing. It gives you a consistent enterprise experience doing training, technical support, meetings, cross-platform messaging, and file sharing easy and straightforward. Zoom is a next-gen enterprise phone system with the ability to engineer and optimize work reliably.
- Keeps you connected wherever you are and helps you work productively.
- The easiest way to start your meeting with the simple Zoom video calling software by anyone, anywhere, and at any time.
- Cross-platform messaging and file sharing helps you to share essential documents easily during the meeting and conferences.
6. Viber - Free and Secure Video Calls
Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows PC, Mac, and Linux platforms can download Viber video calling software.
Viber is a social media networking platform like Facebook. It allows you to chat with your friend or in a group on the video call. Available on mostly all the platforms, you just need to sign in with your mobile number and start enjoying the Viber’s free and secure video call service.
- Syncs calls messages and chats automatically with other devices.
- Instant voice messaging with full HD video call feature.
- Allows group chat and calls along with emojis sharing to show your emotions.
7. Google Duo – Video Calling App on Android and iOS
Google Duo is available on Google Chrome Browser for laptop and desktops, Android, and iOS operating systems.
This is one of the best video calling and chatting software developed by Google. Share your moment by sending a video message with Google Duo software. It is one of the best video calling software that keeps your call stay private with end to end encryption.
- You can be face to face with up to 8 people on the same video call sharing your moments with the people who matter the most.
- With the Knock Knock feature, you'll get a live video preview of the person calling you, so the fun starts before the conversation even begins.
- Send a video message if you want to share a quick moment or if the person you're calling can't pick up.
8. WeChat – Transfer Files Instantly on Anywhere
WeChat is available on Windows PC and MAC OS, Android, and iPhone. Earlier it was available with BlackBerry, Symbian phones, but as of today, that is not supported.
WeChat connects billion people with video calls, chats, and messages. It is known as the free group video chat application. You can connect with other WeChat users via chats and video calls using WeChat application. Although, it has a drawback and cannot sync the mobile app with PC, yet it is one of the best video calling software that allows file transfer from one user to the other.
- Mapping and localization services with WeChat.
- It allows text, video, and picture messaging.
- E-wallet, Payment, and Financial services using WeChat Transfer.
Facebook Video Calling is supported by platforms Google Chrome, Opera, and Microsoft Edge.
It is a high-quality video chatting software and lets you connect with all your contacts on Facebook. You need to download Facebook messenger, in order to access the Facebook Video Calling function. Click at the top of the screen with a messenger symbol. Open the conversation with the person you would like to video call, and finally, click the video icon on the top right corner of the chat window.
You may also like: How to Record Video Calls on Facebook
- Even if the screen gets locked while the call, the video continues to stream.
- Share photos or screenshots, and files quickly.
- Chat with one person and even a group of people.
10. Tango – Free Third-Party Video Calling Software
Tango video calling software is available for Android and iOS platforms.
It is one of the oldest yet best video call software with more than 200 million loyal users base. The best part is the mini-game feature on the Tango video calling software that allows the users to enjoy games during their video call. It is the right mix of communication and entertainment for productive output.
- A simple and efficient software with impressive video and sound quality.
- From the comfort of your PC or mobile phone, video, and audio chat with friends' and acquaintances.
- With one click on the phone number, you can start your video call instantly.
Video calling software is one of the most useful tools to connect with friends, colleagues, and family across the globe immediately. From discussions to decisions, now, you don’t need to wait for the other person to reach you through mails or in person. Just one tap on the video calling button can quickly let you conclude.