Text-to-speech (TTS) is a type of assistive technology that reads digital text aloud. It’s sometimes called “read aloud” technology. This technology has evolved to the point of being inculcated or introduced directly to some video editing applications without having to visit a separate text-to-speech application or software for support. This article therefore aims at discussing ten video makers that have inbuilt the text-to-speech feature.
Lumen5 is a video creation platform that is driven by artificial intelligence machine learning. Using this platform, you can easily turn any blog post into a video. To create a video, you simply enter your link to your blog post or article. Using natural language processing, Lumen5 will automatically create a storyboard for you. Machine learning is used to match each scene with media files that are relevant to your content. The length of each scene is basically dependent on the amount of text to display, and the text position is intelligently placed according to the scene composition to make sure everything is in order. Furthermore, important keywords are highlighted to draw audiences’ attention to key facts in the content. Lumen5 has helped over 200,000 businesses create over a million videos. You can get started creating your videos by getting started with a free account.
- It allows for instant video creation and conversion to several social media formats like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and so on
- It allows Customizable Branding
- It has drag & Drop feature for easy navigation
- It has the ability to tweak colour, fonts and theme
- Collaboration Tools are inclusive in the software
- Speed Adjustment: You can easily adjust the speed of your clip, having control on how fast or slow you want your clip to play out
- It has amazing templates you can try out if you don’t want to begin your editing from scratch.
- Social Sharing and promotion: It gives you a free hand as it concerns sharing and promotion on social media
- Media and Image library and Editing: It has tons of images you can pick to spice up your content, and also allows for editing images. This also does not leave music settings behind as it allows for sound editing as well
- It has Voice-Over/Audio and text to video
- The Workflow Management makes your work easier and faster
Creator: $15 USD/month; Premium: $79 USD/month ; Business: $199 USD/month
- It is fast in rendering
- It has an analytic overview that lets you know how much time you have spent on creating your content and the average length
- It has no vertical videos for Instagram stories or Snapchat. Also, it has limitation in customising text placement.
- The free version is very basic in quality and in terms of branding
- Sometimes it takes a lot of time in rendering the video.
- It is also very expensive compared to what you can do with it. I may switch to another product next year.
Camtasia is a video editing software which is user friendly. It can help record or capture your screen. This is useful when you have to make tutorial videos with the aid of your computer. The editor allows you to import and edit various audio, video and image files including MP4, AVI, MP3, WAV, PNG, JPEG and other formats. Also, the same file formats can be rendered in several other formats, and can maintain initial format as well. This in turn makes them uploadable on social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and the likes. Another notable mention is the fact that Camtasia is available in various language versions such as English, French, German, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish. If you are looking to develop your content creation, Camtasia is a friend that can see you through the journey!
- It has an easy video editing aid with the help of the media bin, preview screen and the heart of every video editing software, the timeline which is located at the bottom which helps in tracking the duration of your video.
- Hovering on the thumbnails on your media bin makes you see what your video is about before you drag and drop on the timeline; this makes your work easier and faster as you won’t have to necessarily play the entire video to know the content.
- It allows volume control. This is useful in adding background music to your video to give a particular feel to your content.
- It has screen recording or capturing ability. This is a good video tutorial aid as it makes your audience see exactly what you are doing. It has additional features such as highlighting your mouse to help track your navigation for your viewers to know what you’re doing and how you’re doing it without losing track.
- It has visual effects such as transitions, colour correction, video cropping and so on.
- It has good screen recording software. This can be used for videogame play, tutorials where the screen activity has to be recorded. This therefore serves a two-in-one function as you have both a video editing software and screen recording software. This makes the software ideal and perfect for YouTubers, online teachers, gamers and small businesses.
- It can be classified as a mid-range editing software. With its cool features, it scales way above basic editing softwares and is running towards more standard editing softwares like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro.
- You can create a wide range of videos such as tutorial videos, interviews, promo videos, music videos and so on with Camtasia.
- It has no rewind feature; you can fast forward your clip, but you can’t reverse your footage.
- It lags due to lack of feature of previewing your project at a lower resolution. Activities such as colour correction and colour grading, sound design and additional visual effects especially on a high resolution footage will make the software to lag and skip
This software costs US$249.99. However, you can get a discount if you are a student or teacher.
- One Camtasia 2021 license + first year of Maintenance
- English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese
- Compatible with Windows and Mac
- Free upgrade to the next version of Camtasia (a $300.00 value)
- Camtasia Certification with 20+ videos of training
- Renews for the low cost of $50.00/year
Capture the moment and Cut
CapCut is a free all-in-one video editing app that helps you create amazing videos. It is a mobile app for iOS and Android devices which is easy to use in terms of creating your content. It makes your cutting, reversing and speed change easier than ever when you get it right to produce incredible results as you share on social media. You can make your video captivating by adding features such as filters, stickers, speed changes, background music, effects, split, reverse and more to make your wonderful moments more polished and professional.
After reviewing both versions (Android and iOS) of CapCut, we found that the app is indeed easy to use and includes a ton of attractive features designed for TikTok users. Would we recommend it to you? Yes, definitely, but with some caveats.
- Split function: This is similar to trimming where you have to separate the clip in order to define your desired part of the clip. Your clip can be further extended after splitting, so it’s just a process of simple trimming in editing.
- Video overlay: This feature helps you place a video on another video. Those who do this often are those who have reaction channels, online teachers and gamers. This feature helps the viewers to simultaneously comprehend explanations the main video content alongside the reaction or explanation.
- Speed control: This feature aids speed ramping. You can slow down your video and increase the speed just as you want. One thing to have in mind is when you plan to edit such a video, you have to shoot in a high resolution and high frame rate like 30-60fps so as to avoid the amateurish look.
- Reverse video: The reverse feature helps you to rewind your clip to create the effect you have pictured in your mind while shooting.
- Music library: CapCut comes with an impressive collection of royalty-free music and sound effects that can really make a huge difference to your videos. The tracks have a high quality and you can effortlessly insert them into your video to create the feel you desire.
- Filters: Choose from various filters to soften or sharpen your videos and make them more professional-looking. There are color-based and season-based filters, as well as a range of beautification tools to enhance video quality. Filters can also be used effectively if you have multiple clips that have color variations or different contrast and brightness levels. Since you can't edit most of these in CapCut, you can avoid having to use a desktop editor by choosing the right filters and applying them to all your clips to bring some uniformity.
- Effects: There’s a collection of effects you can select from to appeal to the visual cravings of your audience. This will add colour to your content as it makes your viewers involved in the video. These effects include split-screen, retro, comic, party, dreamy, and so on. These effects will make your video look fresh and professionally edited.
- Stickers and text: Stickers could be fun to use due to their expressive nature. Your choice as a content creator will go a long way in determining the fascination of your content. CapCut has therefore had you covered when it comes to adding fun features to your content to make it more interactive and exciting. Stickers and texts are therefore engaging tools you can employ to drive the fantasy of your audience. Also, it creates room for more details to be added without necessarily having to introduce more audio contents especially. With this feature, you can literally do more with less using CapCut.
- It’s a convenient app to use
- It has lots of features you can explore
- There is impressive music and rich sound effects library
- It does not display any advertisements, which many users will consider a good thing.
- Key editing features are not available
- It gets limited by your phone's processing resources like hardware and RAM which makes it lag when you are working on a heavy project.
- More tools are needed to edit the voice
- It has just a 15-minute video limit
Narakeet is a video maker that helps you to create narrated videos quickly. You can make your presentation and type the narration script in to the speaker notes; you can use PowerPoint and Google slides. It creates live narration for your script, synchronise pictures with sound, resize images and video clips to fit the format and even generate subtitles.
- It synchronises picture with sound
- It generates subtitles
- It automatically speeds up and slows down video and audio clips to make sure everything is in sync and perfectly aligned
- It has more than 20 narration languages and lots of different voices to choose from
- It creates lifelike narration from your script
- Your content can be edited and updated after upload by clicking the ‘improve video’ button and update the script as many times as you like; Narakeet will just synchronise everything again.
- It does not provide API
Narakeet has several types of accounts:
FREE ACCOUNTS: Try out Narakeet without registering or paying.
COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS: Create longer audio and video files, with more capacity for commercial purpose.
PERSONAL: For easy top-up purchases, without set-up fees, subscriptions or recurring costs.
ORGANISATIONAL: For recurring subscriptions, tax invoices, vendor onboarding and paying for multiple users.
30 minutes @ $0.20 per minute USD 6
Buy 30 minutes @ $0.20 per minute with PayPal
300 minutes @ $0.15 per minute USD 45
Buy 300 minutes @ $0.15 per minute with PayPal
1000 minutes @ $0.10 per minute USD 100
Buy 1000 minutes @ $0.10 per minute with PayPal
2500 minutes @ $0.08 per minute USD 200
Buy 2500 minutes @ $0.08 per minute with PayPal
10000 minutes @ $0.05 per minute USD 500
Buy 10000 minutes @ $0.05 per minute with PayPal
Doxee Pvideo is a software used for creating personalized and interactive videos. It helps you bring your customer’s data to life by creating a personal and compelling storyline for each one; every piece of data makes each video unique from the personal greeting, voice, images and text that flow through the screen; every aspect of the video is unique to the viewer. Basically, Doxee Pvideo enhances cuts to convince, inform, explain and entertain to create a lasting impression.
- Custom Narration: You can create a unique narrative for each of your customers, anticipate their needs by proposing the products they want, and take capitalize on personalization to focus on the most relevant information. Dynamic Storyboard allows you to create personalized narration and tweak the video according to the data of each recipient (e.g. demographic data, history, geographical data, transactions, purchase, etc.).
- Multichannel: This helps you deliver your personalized videos safely. Every video can be digitally distributed through a PURL, a personalized URL that makes content accessible to the intended recipient alone and only for a limited time. Thanks to PURL; Doxee Pvideo® can be distributed in multichannel mode, through any digital channel such as social media, SMS, email, app notifications, and chatbots. Also, every action of the user who interacts with the video will leave valuable traces, which further increases the effectiveness of your communication. The actions of each user who interacts with the video will leave valuable traces so you can get to know them better.
- Data acquisition: It helps you bring your customer’s data to life by creating a personal and compelling storyline for each one. With this feature, you can quickly and easily capture data and information from the video recipients, preconfigure a product or service, launch surveys, or easily measure the Net Promoter Score (NPS®) of your company.
- Pop-up video: Pop-up video helps you add more information in a way that will not distract the recipient from the narrative.
- It allows Animation; images can come to life and become videos which guarantees engagement on any device
- It possesses a rich Media Library
- Availability of templates and Template Management: There are lots of templates you can try out to help your content stir up interest from your viewers.
- Easy video creation and editing without prior editing experience
- Voice-Over / Audio: It allows for voice-over and audio editing.
- It can only do basic editing
- It doesn’t give full control to the user to tweak as many features and functions are automated
Pricing details are yet to be provided
Animaker helps you produce studio quality videos on time with cool backgrounds, thousands of animated characters with built-in activities, poses and expressions alongside never ending properties such as music and sound effects and tons of features in few clicks. Consider it your own animation studio on cloud which is affordable to all.
- Auto lip-sync: You can add voiceovers to your characters and watch them say it with auto lip-sync. You don’t need to spend time animating and editing character’s lips. Animaker lifts the heavy load for you.
- Rather than spend nearly 80% of your time animating objects to move from one place to another, Animaker has decided to save you the time and effort. You can now animate complex animations using Smart Move with just the click of a button.
- It has a lot of different text options ranging from fonts to sizes and colour. This way, you can make your content more interactive and engaging.
- It gives you a wide option of backgrounds to choose from. This feature will make you select the ideal atmosphere and environment you have in mind to tell your story more perfectly.
- It has a lot of facial expressions to select from which makes dialogues and actions more understandable and comprehensive.
- Music does a lot to video contents; Animaker has a sound library where you can add music and sound effects to your content to create the audiovisual feel you desire.
- Live Video Editing and 4K Video Quality: it’s easy to pick, upload and edit videos all in one place. Animaker lets you stand out with pristine 4K quality videos.
- Professionally Crafted Templates: you can pick a template, customize every part of it and publish it in less than 10 minutes. Tons of professionally made templates are ready to help give you the creative spark needed to create your video.
- Everything you need to make a video in one place.
- Animaker is home to the largest collection of animated characters, properties, BGs, icons, images, videos and more.
- It lags sometimes
- It is difficult to use when there interruption in the internet connection
- It takes time to render
Animaker has a free and paid offer.
BASIC OFFER: $10 monthly, $120 yearly
STARTER OFFER: $19 monthly, $228 yearly
PRO OFFER: $49 monthly, $588 yearly
YouTube is one of the biggest social media platforms in the world. The ‘You’ represents the user generated content, while the ‘Tube’ is an older term for television. This multibillion dollar company has billions of users and thousands of hours of video content every few minutes. In the free built-in YouTube video editor is a simple but surprisingly powerful tool for quickly trimming, splicing and editing your videos online. This editor was originally designed to help you perform quick edits on your videos without needing to waste time re-uploading or downloading your completed live-streams. The YouTube editor helps you to cut and remove sections, create blurs, edit live-streams, replace music and do complete edits.
- The YouTube Video Editor allows you to trim a video—or basically remove any unnecessary content from the beginning and end.
- You can also add cards or an end screen to link to other videos, channels, playlists, and more.
- The speed control feature helps you slow down or speed up your footage to generate your desired effect as regards motion.
- The volume of music and sound effects is adjustable can be added to create the atmosphere of your choice as it is a good way to keep your viewers involved in the content.
- Saves time and money because it’s free and easy to use
- Ability to remix and reuse cc video clips: You can take your creative commons video clip then remix and reuse it to create your own commercial video
- Ability to create multiple versions of the same video: in creating multiple versions of the same video from nearby cities, instead of wasting time using your desktop video editing software you can do it quickly and easily using the YouTube video editor.
- Ability to add effects: you can change the look and feel of your video by adding different effects such as changing it to black and white.
- Ability to add transitions: create smooth transitions between video clips by using crossover or crossfade transitions
- Ability to add creative commons images or creative commons music: you can use these elements to enhance the quality of your videos online.
- Ability to combine videos: bundle several video clips together to create your own unique video. Trim the videos to include your best scenes, select the music track from the audio library, drag it down to the timeline, add a few transitions between the video clips and then save it as a brand new video.
- You can place adds in YouTube editor
- You can decide to keep a full version of your live-stream
- The YouTube editor is a basic video editor so you can’t do many fancy things.
- You can’t add your own music but you can use the audio tracks from YouTube’s audio library without copyright infringement.
- It cannot overlay graphics but you can apply graphics to the beginning or end of your video
- You can’t overlay text on the YouTube editor, but you can add the text slide to the beginning or end of your video
- It’s impossible to combine video clips without creating a new video. You can combine several video clips together then save it as a new video.
It really all depends on your time and how much you have to put into a video, for simple YouTube videos that don't require too much work you could be charged anywhere between $35hr to 50hr. that also depends on your reputation and experience or you could simply do a block rate of $100 to 200 per video.
TikTok is one of the popular social media apps in the world. It is an app majorly centered on short videos. It was launched in 2016 and gained popularity and massive downloads especially in the U.S.A in 1018. Stuffed in the app is an editing tool for quick edit and upload
- One-tap visual enhancement: Like waving a magic wand, the new Visual Enhancement button will improve exposure, low-light, and color correction instantly. ...
- New musical and animal voice effects.
- It supports High Quality Uploading.
- The trimming feature helps you trim and cut unwanted parts of your video so as to capture only the interesting moments
- You can add background music for lip-sync or just to make your content more engaging.
- TikTok does not let you edit any part of the video once it's uploaded, including the caption. As such, before you post anything, you should make sure that you're happy with what you have made.
- Exporting videos to TikTok from Filmora is not possible.
- It requires at least basic video editing skills to operate.
Usually, the approximate cost of app development like TikTok touched somewhere around $25,000 which includes basic functionalities, But upon choosing outstanding features with highly advanced, unparalleled interface, the cost is likely to rise to $40,000-$60,000.
Instagram has brought out a new feature called Reels that is quite similar to TikTok. Reels are short, fun videos that can incorporate music, effects and other creative tools. You can create Reels using the story camera and they will be posted to your feed. In Reels, you can edit multiple clips together to create you r 15 seconds video. There are several things you can do on Reels such as adding audio or music, changing the video speed, adding effects and so on.
- Reels offer a set of editing tools that allow users to create engaging and fun video footage such as music and effects, adding texts, stickers, filters, interactive backgrounds and more.
- You can cut away unwanted parts of your video by using the trimming tool.
- One amazing thing about Reels is that you can edit and update your video even after uploading
- Organic reach can be increased
- You can edit and export 4k video projects at 60fps
- Business accounts can’t add music to their reels
- Reels cannot be promoted
Reels is much more advanced than some other video editing applications. It offers all its features for free, and does not apply a watermark as well.
Formerly known as Wondershare Video Editor as at when it first launched in 2015, Filmora is a video editing software that helps businesses create and distribute white-labeled marketing videos. Filmora is an easy-to-use video editing software for a beginner. It supports 50 above formats, 4k editing, Filmstock effects store, all basic and advanced editing tools in the most easily accessible and used manner.
It has a simple interface that can accelerate the process and helps you convert your text into voice in no time. Just upload a file from your pc or paste the text into the box, choose a voice from a wide range of voices, select the voice speed and you are good to go.
- Trimming and cutting: This feature allows you to cut away unwanted parts of your clip to only accommodate the interesting parts of your video that you want to project.
- Speed ramping: The speed ramping feature allows you to have total control on the speed of your clip, letting you determine how fast or slow you want the clip to play out.
- Colour correction and colour grading: This feature helps you to do maximum correction as it concerns white balancing and colouring.
- It allows for motion tracking.
- An amazing collection of transitions gives you a wide range of options to choose from as it concerns transitions. These are cool linkers to other clips that make your slideshows look more engaging and professional.
- It can export files easily
- Filmora has lots of great video tutorials to take advantage of all the features it offers
- It offers audio detachment feature and is also able to edit green screen
- More creative options for headings and titles need to be added so as to have less blank titles
- It is not compatible with all video formats when importing
- It lags sometimes when editing several video tracks
EDUCATIONAL: $7.99 per month
SUBSCRIPTION PLAN: $39.99 per year
PERPETUAL PLAN: $69.99 per year