Best 3D Blu-ray Players
Nov 13, 2023• Proven solutions
What is important for choosing 3D Blu-ray Player?
There are so many things to know about Blu-ray players and you must go through these details before investing on new software. If you are a beginner then just 3D performance monitoring will be useful for you but for advanced users, features like classic HDMI color calibration and 4K upscaling are essential to maintain high picture quality at home screens. Same as internal specifications, you may find so many variations in port options and they must be considered on preferences during selection. Note that coaxial output will not be a good choice for high quality content but optical cables can ensure theatre like setup.
Support for Streaming Apps:
These Blu-Ray players are not just limited to movie playbacks rather they can also provide advanced home theatre experience with easy access to Netflix and Hulu based streaming.
If you are a professional then you may also demand DLNA support on your player so that multimedia content can be easily streamed on local network at your TV screen. Top blu-ray players can provide you such advanced services.
Dimensions and Design:
In case if you are thinking to install your Blu-ray player in an already loaded home theatre then its dimensions are really important. You must pick the one with minimal cabling requirement and a lightweight design. Note that, multipurpose type models are designed with unique combinations of 3D functionality and all other essential features including streaming capabilities but these units naturally grow up bigger in size.
Are the New 4K 3d Blu-ray Players worth Buying?
You can enjoy 4K experience on HD TVs and it offers quality much higher than 1080p or 720p. What kind of content you need to produce at home and does your screen offers that quality will make final decision about whether you should invest on 4K versions of these players or not.
Remotes and Reducing Clutter:
Most of the top rated 3D blu-ray players provide their own remotes so that users can have better volume and playback controls from distance. But note that these remote designs can also vary from brand to brand.
Top 3D Blu-Ray Players:
The list of excellent specifications along with impressive build quality makes this Blu-ray player best choice for professionals.
- Darbee technology included.
- Offers 4k upscaling.
- Supports standard CD playbacks.
- This player possesses DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD master audio formats.
- Ethernet and Wi-Fi support.
- Free downloadable app for iOS and Android users.
Pros: It offers impressive multimedia streaming services
Cons: You will not be able to access live chat support online.
Denon acts like a strong multitasker unit for home network streaming applications. You will definitely love its high quality detailing abilities with 4k upscaling support feature.
- It supports deep color outputs along with 24p playback options.
- It follows classic audio standards including DTS HD and Dolby TrueHD.
- HDMI, Ethernet and USB support included.
Pros: This classic streaming application with advanced DLNA control best option for your audio/video playbacks.
Cons: It does not offer Wi-Fi support.
This player has been designed with limited versatility but you cannot ignore its ability to make your home theater experience mind blowing with loads of specifications and features.
- It supports Dolby TrueHD as well as DTS-HD master audio service.
- User friendly navigation platform.
- 4K upscaling along with conversion facility from 2d to 3D.
- Miracast compatibility is added bonus.
- Can be controlled from iOS and Android device.
Pros: It is well recognized for impressive audio playback standards.
Cons: Yamaha BD-S677 does not support Netflix streaming.
S6500 is designed to offer impressive combination of audio and video quality for entry level video players. The 4k upscaling is definitely an added advantage.
- Entry level pricing.
- HDMI deep color with 24p playback support.
- 3D and 4K capabilities with added advantage of 3D glasses.
- DTS-HD as well as Dolby TrueHD support.
Pros: You will definitely love to access 3d playback abilities with 4k support.
Cons: Remote unit is observed to have few design related issues.
This bluray unit offers impressive playback abilities along with 3D and 4K conversion support. All video details are reflected with finer and smooth results on big screens.
- 24p playback support for high quality images.
- 2D to 3D conversion facility.
- 4K upscaling and 3D glasses allowed.
- High end audio receivers.
- Stunning video playback with advanced software control options.
Pros: 4K upscaling.
Cons: Lacks in remote design.
If you need just a basic functionality for your home theatre at low budget range then LG BP550 can be best choice for you. It can be installed with easy setup controls and the best part is that LG offers service warranty for one year with BP550.
- Compact dimensions.
- High quality 24p and 3d playback.
- Deep color technology and 4K content support.
- Support Netflix streaming.
- Active online support with live chat feature.
Pros: It comes with a strong combination of preinstalled applications.
Cons: Designed with just a basic set of features.
Samsung BD-J5900 offers high end features in combination to all basic 3d player functionalities.
- Premium picture settings that ensure crystal clear results on screen.
- 24p playback along with deep color technology.
- Advanced audio standards like DTS-HD master and Dolby TrueHD.
- Clean interface with impressive control options.
- User friendly sub-menus.
- USB, Coaxial, Wi-Fi and Ethernet support available.
Pros: Opera Application support is biggest advantage.
Cons: 4K support missing.
This player is designed to offer versatile home theatre experience with easy setup options and strong hardware features. H5900 offers decent user controls with easy connectivity options to external world.
- Works with advanced Opera based operating system.
- Numerous pre-installed applications.
- Wi-Fi, Ethernet and USB support added.
- Compact design suits to small home theatres.
- Great customer support service with live chat, email and phone contact facility.
Pros: Strong software suit.
Cons: Doesn’t offer 2D conversion and 4k abilities.
iVID serves all basic home theatre needs with its well designed hardware and software combination. At a small price range, it has so many things to offer with numerous classic features. The best part is that it consumes minimal space at your home with its stunning compact design.
- Deep color technology for ensuring quality content delivery.
- 24p playback support.
- It allows impressive home theatre controls for audio with DTS HD master and Dolby TrueHD audio support.
- Best price model with extended support to all basic home theatre applications.
Pros: The region free playback services offers by iVID make it suitable for incredible movie experience.
Cons: This player does not offer Wi-Fi support and also lacks in video streaming abilities.
Including the eye catching exterior design, there are so many things to talk about Sony BDP-S5500. It offers flexibility over all controls and the wide list of specifications makes it suitable for professional home theatre needs.
- Quality 3d conversion ability.
- Clearly designed menus with user friendly navigation options.
- Port provides support to coaxial audio outputs, Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
- You can access application based remote control for iOS and Android devices.
- Compact design with feature rich foundation.
- Affordable choice for beginners.
Pros: This impressive BDP-S5500 BluRay player offers great 2D to 3D conversion quality.
Cons: It takes more time in booting process and it does not offer 4k conversion abilities.