Easy-to-use After Effects Alternatives for Windows/Mac
With Adobe After Effects, you can make dazzling motion graphics and fancy visual effects using your creativity and imagination. But as to my own experience, it's absolutely not easy to get started. There is a steep learning curve in front of you. So is there a program like After Effects that enable you to enhance your video with compelling effects quickly and easily?
After Effects is the most unique digital motion compositing and editing software on the market. It's difficult, if not impossible, to find an Adobe Effects equivalent either for Windows or Mac (Mountain lion included). However, this page will include several Adobe After Effects alternatives partially similar to After Effects. Choose the After Effect alternative suitable for you and your requirements.
Related Article: Adobe After Effects for Mac >>
1. Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor) - Apply Effects in One Click
Wondershare Filomra provides you with more than 200 visual effects that instantly bring your video to the next level. It also includes all common video editing tools you need. With it, you are able to create Hollywood-like home movies with transitions, titles, effects from broad formats of videos, audio and photos. Advanced features like Picture-in-Picture, fast/slow motion, voice change, video/audio recording are easy to use. What's important is that that sharing with friends and family has never been easier. You can share videos with easy upload to YouTube, Facebook, etc. Save to configured presets for playback on portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Kindle Fire, etc. or burn DVD to better preserve it. It could be the alternative to After Effects that compromises the ease of use and power.
2. Apple Motion - A Program Like After Effects for Mac (Mountain Lion, Lion supported)
Apple's Motion is also a motion graphics and compositing application like After Effects, which lets you create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, or customize stylish titles, transitions, and effects for Final Cut Pro, a video editing application also developed by Apple. Different from After Effects, Motion gives you real-time feedback. There is no need to render to view your work.
3. Wax - Free Alternative to After Effects in Windows
You can also use Wax as a lightweight After Effects alternative for Windows only, and for totally free. With Wax, you can do compositing and special effects like After Effects. This free alternative program to After Effects can either work as standalone application or as a plugin for software like Sony Vegas. By using Plugin Adapter - you can even use DirectX plugins/Windows Movie Maker presets/VirtualDub filters as Wax Plugins. For most graphic cards, it provides some real-time or near real-time effects.
4. Eyeon Fusion - After Effects Alternative for Windows and Linux
Fusion is video compositing software even advanced than After Effects designed by Eyeon Software Inc. It is widely used to create visual effects and digital compositing for film, HD and commercials. For example, Avatar, Sin City, Lost, Terminator Salvation, etc. have used Fusion to do post-production. Fusion can run in Windows and Linux (using a customized Wine. )
5. Blender - Another Free Program Similar to After Effects
Blender is a FREE and open-source software that like After Effects that can be used for creating animated graphics, visual effects, interactive 3D applications or video games. Blender's key features include 3D modeling, video editing, UV unwrapping, texturing, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, animating, and compositing.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • After Effects User Guide
- 1. Basic Editing+
- 1.1 Adobe after effects for Mac
- 1.2 How to Cut Video in After Effects
- 1.3 How to Make an Intro in After Effects
- 1.4 How to edit videos in After Effects
- 1.5 How to combine clips in After Effects
- 1.6 How to rotate a video in After Effects
- 1.7 How to speed up/slow down footage
- 1.8 How to add audio in After Effects
- 2. Animation editing+
- 2.1 How to Make Character Animation
- 2.2 How to Make an Animated Logo
- 2.3 How to Create Text Animation
- 2.4 How to Make 3D Animation
- 2.5 How to Create Motion Graphics
- 3. Advanced Edtiing+
- 3.1 Make a Kinetic Typography Video
- 3.2 How to Create a Mask from a Shape
- 3.3 How to key green screen footage
- 3.4 Color grading in After Effects
- 3.5 Pan and zoom in After Effects
- 3.6 Make slow-motion/timelapse clips
- 3.7 Free After Effects templates
- 4. Tips and Tricks+