- • After Effects User Guide
- 1. Basic Editing+
- 1.2 How to Cut Video in After Effects
- 1.3 How to Make an Intro in After Effects
- 1.4 How to combine clips in After Effects
- 1.5 How to rotate a video in After Effects
- 1.6 How to speed up/slow down footage
- 1.7 How to add audio in After Effects
- 2. Animation editing+
- 2.1 How to Make Character Animation
- 2.2 How to Make an Animated Logo
- 2.3 How to Create Text Animation
- 2.4 How to Make 3D Animation
- 2.5 How to Create Motion Graphics
- 3. Advanced Edtiing+
- 3.1 Make a Kinetic Typography Video
- 3.2 How to Create a Mask from a Shape
- 3.3 How to key green screen footage
- 3.4 Color grading in After Effects
- 3.5 Pan and zoom in After Effects
- 3.6 Make slow-motion/timelapse clips
- 3.7 Free After Effects templates
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Top 10 After Effects Shortcuts
- 4.2 Top 10 Best Free After Effects Plugins
- 4.3 After Effects Alternative for Windows/Mac
- 4.4 Top 10 After Effects Tips & Tricks
- Wondershare FilomraPro - For Mac/Windows users
- Motion - For Mac users
- Wax - For Windows users
- Fusion - For Windows and linux users
- Hitfilms - For Windows and linux users
- Blender - For Windows/Mac/Linux users
- Filmora9 - For beginners
- Natron - Free open source on Win/Mac/Linux
- NUKE - Win/Mac/Linux
- Autodesk Smoke - ONLY for Mac
- More than 50 effects controls for you
- Easy to create professional video effects
- Make animation effects with smoother work flow
- You can build 2D/3D titles with advanced tools
- Drag and drop to make effects
- Offer more than 200 filters
- You can create 2D/3D video effects
- It can be used as a plug-in to Premiere
- Use graphics acceleration for processing
- It supports creating 3D animaiton
- It's used by Hollywood’s blockbusters
- Hitfilm has 820+ VFX and presets
- It supports almost all media formats
- It is an open source 3D effects maker
- Ultra-realistic rendering is available
- GPU rendering for acceleration
- It offers plugins in community
- Many tutorials to use for users
- You can use it to make VR project
- Making effects on timeline
- Possibility to use in 3 years for students
10 Best After Effects Alternatives for Windows/Mac/Linux
With Adobe After Effects, you can make dazzling motion graphics and fancy visual effects using your creativity and imagination. But as to my own experience, it's absolutely not easy to get started. There is a steep learning curve in front of you. So is there a program like After Effects that enable you to enhance your video with compelling effects quickly and easily?
After Effects is one of the most unique digital motion compositing and editing software on the market. It's difficult to edit video, if you can't find an Adobe Effects equivalent either for Windows, Mac or Linux. However, this page will include several free and paid Adobe After Effects alternatives partially similar to After Effects. Choose the After Effect alternative suitable for you and your requirements.
You may also like: Adobe After Effects for Mac >>
10 Best After Effects Alternatives (Free and Paid)
1. Wondershare FilomraPro - Professional video editing made easy
FilmoraPro is the best After Effects alternative if you feel like After Effects is too difficult to use. FilmoraPro has more than 50 well-organized effects settings, which means you will have more controls over the video effects, including 360 degree video, keying, lights & flares, sharpen and so on. With FilmoraPro, you can create animated titles and credits from the inside preset. Similar to After Effects, you also can use FilmoraPro to create natural effects by using matte cleaner, stylize or motion trails in an easier way. Besides, FilmoraPro supports unlimited video tracks and auto audio sync. If you want to make professional effects with easy to use features. Dowload it now to have a try! It is free to use.
2. Apple Motion - A Program Like After Effects for Mac
Apple's Motion is also a motion graphics and compositing application like After Effects, which lets you create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, or customize stylish titles, transitions, and effects for Final Cut Pro, a video editing application also developed by Apple. Different from After Effects, Motion gives you real-time feedback. There is no need to render to view your work.
3. Wax - Free Alternative to After Effects in Windows
You can also use Wax as a lightweight After Effects alternative for Windows only, and for totally free. With Wax, you can do compositing and special effects like After Effects. This free alternative program to After Effects can either work as standalone application or as a plugin for software like Sony Vegas. By using Plugin Adapter - you can even use DirectX plugins/Windows Movie Maker presets/VirtualDub filters as Wax Plugins. For most graphic cards, it provides some real-time or near real-time effects.
4. Eyeon Fusion - After Effects Alternative for Windows and Linux
Fusion is video compositing software even advanced than After Effects designed by Eyeon Software Inc. It is widely used to create visual effects and digital compositing for film, HD and commercials. For example, Avatar, Sin City, Lost, Terminator Salvation, etc. have used Fusion to do post-production. Fusion can run in Windows and Linux (using a customized Wine. )
5. Hitfilm - After Effects Alternative for Windows and Mac
HitFilm Pro is a all-in-one video editor, compositor and VFX software. It helps you make the complicated process in After Effects easier while in HitFilm. It has many preset effects which allows you to make Hollywood-like videos easily and quickly.
6. Blender - Another Free Program Similar to After Effects
Blender is a FREE and open-source software that like After Effects that can be used for creating animated graphics, visual effects, interactive 3D applications or video games. Blender's key features include 3D modeling, video editing, UV unwrapping, texturing, fluid and smoke simulation, particle simulation, animating, and compositing.
7. Wondershare Filomra9 - Friendly to beginners
Wondershare Filomra9 provides you with more than 300 visual effects that instantly bring your video to the next level. It also includes all common video editing tools you need. With it, you are able to create Hollywood-like home movies with transitions, titles, effects from broad formats of videos, audio and photos. Advanced features like Picture-in-Picture, fast/slow motion, voice change, video/audio recording are easy to use. What's important is that that sharing with friends and family has never been easier. You can share videos with easy upload to YouTube. Save to configured presets for playback on portable devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, Kindle Fire, etc. or burn DVD to better preserve it. It could be the alternative to After Effects that compromises the ease of use and power.
8. Natron - Free open source on Win/Mac/Linux
Natron is an open source After Effects alternative for those people who like to customize the functions or interface. Comparized with After Effects, you will have more controls over OpenFX architecture. You will see the same interface on Windows, Mac and Linux, so don't worry about the cross platform problem. It can generate many layers of masks, mattes and shapes that can be used on making effects.
9. NUKE - Win/Mac/Linux
It is powerful in compositing and VFX, so it is similar to After Effects. For commercial use, you can easily collaborate with others as it offers toolkit for you to make effects no matter where you are. It is customizable with multi-channel processing. You can use it to create movie effects or use it for your own. As an alternative to After Effects, the price is so much higher than its counterparts.
10. Autodesk Smoke - ONLY for Mac
You need more time and patience to learn as it is a professional editor like After Effects, but it is easier a little bit than Effects. It is only for Mac users , and the price is $1,505 a year. You can use it 30 days freely. With this After Effects alternative, you can make effects directly without leaving timeline. You can even make 3D text effects.
Above are the 10 After Effects alternatives, so which one you like? If you still don't know which one to choose, here we recommend FilmoraPro. It is designed for intermediate users. It is easy to use than After Effects, yet with powerful features to make effects. Download it now!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>