How to Remove Video Background in 3 Easy Ways | Change Background
Have you ever wondered how the Bollywood studios create all kinds of incredible special effect movies, or the YouTube channel you follow always comes up with the perfect background and surrounding the coolest place for a video shoot? All is possible because you can remove the background using an advanced video editing feature called green screen. The green screen backdrop allows you to change a video clip's background and effectively use any background you want. But which editing software offers the most powerful engine and easy-to-use interface for you to adjust video background efficiently without learning all the complex details of the videography world. To make it easier for you, I’ve listed the best three options to remove or change the video background without affecting the video quality.
- Method 1: Remove Video Background Using Filmora AI Portrait
- Method 2: Remove Video Background Using Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
- Method 3: Remove Video Background Using Online Tool
- Method 4: Remove Video Background Using Microsoft PowerPoint
Method 1: Remove Video Background Using Filmora Video BG Remover
In the V10.5 batch, Filmora updates a feature called AI portrait. Using this, you can remove the video background in one step.
- import your video
- Click on Effects>>click on AI portrait>>drag Human Segmentation onto your footage, and that's it
Method 2: Remove Video Background Using Wondershare Video Editor
Filmora from Wondershare is stoked with highly advanced video graphing and photo editing features, making it stand out as the top choice of professionals around the globe. Its green screen feature allows videographers to remove video background easily and play with their creative minds.
Green Screen is an advanced effect that overlooks the original picture. It’s used to make a color range in the top layer clip transparent, thus making the background of the video clip or, for that matter, an image transparent, allowing the second layer to show through the fine area. Videographers actively use this feature to superimpose subjects onto different virtual backgrounds that enable them to produce cool shots without even setting a foot out in the open, like creating a superhero flying through the sky.
- Download and install Wondershare Filmora on your computer.
- Drop down the Import menu select Import Media Files to import your original video and green screen video to the media library.
- Insert the background clip to the video track on the timeline and the green screen to another video track. You can also drag and drop the videos and paste them into separate timeline tracks.
- Double click the green screen video on the timeline, and you will get the Chroma Key settings. Or you can right-click the video and select the Green Screen option directly to get the Chroma Key option.
- Tick the Chroma Key options to enable it. Now either click on the color picker drop-down menu or preferably the color picker icon, and it will automatically change the video background and apply the transparency effect.
- Now play the video in the preview window, and you can see the frames of the green screen clip are shown on the background video clip.
Wondershare Filmora comes loaded with many advanced editing tools and features that you can employ on your overlay video clips to make them look professional. A few of these are stabilize video, pan & zoom, play videos in reverse, advanced color tuning, split-screen, scene detection, power tool, and much more.
Method 3: Remove Video Background Using Online Tool
Unscreen is an AI-based web application that aims to provide the background removal tool to meme-makers and social media users that have pretty limited needs in terms of professional outcomes. The online video background removal tool is limited by its capacity only to process 5-second long video clips, and also its internet-based, so often the upload and download process is interrupted and lagging. The only thing that appeals are that the whole activity to remove the video background is automatic, and the user has no input to make.
- Head over to the Unscreen website to begin the process of removing video background using an online tool.
- You’ll see two buttons on the webpage, Upload video and Upload GIF. Select either of them to get started. I chose to upload a video to make its background transparent.
- Upload your video clip to the platform. The upload takes a long time, even if the file is in kilobytes. You have to select a clip of 5-seconds length as the platform can only process that.
- The AI will extract the main character from the video by shadowing the background. The user has no input and can’t edit or select the areas to remove from the video.
- Once the upload and processing are done, you’ll be presented with video playback with no background.
- You can apply some background screens, color, image as the background or download the video without the knowledge. But you won’t get a video clip in the download file as the file will be in GIF (stills), animated PNG, or single frames.
Method 4: Remove Video Background Using Microsoft PowerPoint
We can use Microsoft PowerPoint’s background removal tool to remove our video background following a thorough process. The steps involved in removing the background are.
- Open the video you want to remove the background from and take a screenshot.
- Open the Microsoft PowerPoint and add the screenshot to the slide. Remove the background around the object you want to change background for, i.e., yourself or the character in the image. This might require some professional skills to meticulously mark the main character's areas around.
- I’ve chosen a world image from space. Crop the image to include only the area you want to go into the video and not the extra paddings. Now insert the background you want to add as the video background.
- Right-click the lightened world image and select the option Send to Back. This will layer the picture as a background layer, and in the front layer, you get your character’s body.
- Take a screenshot of this outcome and save it on your computer.
- Clear the PowerPoint presentation and start with a new one by adding the last screenshot as an image. This time you’ll have to remove the character from the screenshot and not the background.
- Once you’ve removed the character using the same method we used to remove the background of the first picture, adds the original video into the PowerPoint slide.
- Perform the same step Send to Back on the video as well.
- You can see my editing skills aren’t so shiny, but the original character can be seen with another background in the video. However, the step-by-step method to remove video background using the Microsoft PowerPoint suit is a bit more time-consuming than other options.
There’s always a need for creating visual and aural effects in a video to attract the watcher’s attention. A videographer doesn’t always have the luxury of the perfect location and surrounding to make a video stand out in the massive online market. An easy way out can be by using the software-based simulation, meaning removing the video background with the needed one instead of the actual one. From all the three options for removing background from video, you can choose the way you like!
In this article, you will learn the best ways to change the image background and put any colour or image that you want to use as a background.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 18:57 PM
Do you want to know about transparent background maker apps? Find out exciting and incredible applications in this article.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 18:57 PM
In this article we’ll cover two different methods that will get the job done: one that uses desktop software, and one that relies on a browser-based Web app.
by Benjamin Arango Feb 22, 2023 14:41 PM