3 Quick Ways to Convert Audio to Text for Free[Step-by-Step Guide]
Aug 30, 2022• Proven solutions
Those of you facing extensive writing or typing tasks each day can relate to the tiring feeling of continually using the keyboard. Add a deadline to the mix, and it gets super stressful to complete the tasks in time.
In case your writing speed isn't lightning fast or you are just too tired to type, we have a remarkable solution for you. By using the right tool, you can easily convert audio to text. You can find an extensive list of such tools. Some of which are already available on your device and only require activation, whereas others need simple installation to translate voice to text.
3 Quick Ways to Convert Audio to Text Free
Thanks to technological advancements, there is a multitude of ways you can use to convert audio to text. And, most of them are free for use with loads of additional features. Some apps are built-in into our devices, and yet we are unaware of these savior tools.
Here are the top 3 ways to translate voice to text-
Method 1: Google Docs Voice Typing
Google Docs is an innovative approach that allows users to easily create, share and update documents. Through your google id, your documents can be accessed and synced on multiple devices. Also, it features a built-in option to transcribe audio to text free.
1. Open your browser and enter Google Docs to access the website. Tap Blank to start a new document.
2. In the menu bar on the top, click on Tools to open a drop-down menu. Click on Voice typing or press Ctrl+Shift+S.
3. To use the microphone, press Allow on the pop-up box.
4. Tap on the Microphone icon start speaking to translate voice to text. By tapping on the down arrow key, you can choose from a multitude of languages and then translate voice to text in the language of your choice.
5. After you convert audio to text and wish to end the process of voice typing, you can tap on the microphone again. In the File tab, you can click on Download and save the file to your device in the format of your choice.
Method 2: Windows Dictation
Another tool to transcribe audio to text free is Windows Dictation, already available on our PCs. There is no need for any installations or an active internet connection. Just follow our lead to activate the tool and quickly convert audio to text.
1. In order to use the Windows Dictation tool to transcribe audio to text free, you must first go to Speech settings and turn on the toggle key.
2. In Word, Powerpoint, or wherever you want to convert audio to text, press the Windows Icon+H. The dictation tool will be displayed. The tool is moveable, and you can drag it so it doesn't hinder your view.
3. To start the process to translate voice to text, say 'Start' Then, when the tool displays 'Listening,' all you say will be written automatically.
4. If you want to finish the process, you can say 'Stop' Or, you can also simply cross out the tool and continue working on your document.
Method 3: Speechnotes
Speechnotes is available for use on the Chrome browser. It has several distinguishing features that make it an amazing tool to convert audio to text. With multiple saving and sharing options, and a read-aloud feature to help users proofread, Speechnotes is a very powerful and remarkable tool.
1. Firstly, open Speechnotes on your browser.
2. On the left side of the page is a microphone icon. Press it to access the notification pop-up. Click Allow to use the microphone and translate voice to text.
3. Then, you can choose a language from the drop-down menu which is usually set to English by default. Now, click on the microphone icon again and start dictating your text to be written.
4. By clicking on the document name, you can edit it. Also, you can tap on the Settings icon and check the word count or enable the dark theme.
5. Finally, once your document is complete, there are various options to choose from. You can either save the document to your device as a File or as a Word Or, you can just as easily upload it to Google Drive or share it through Email.
You don't need to sit glued to your PC in order to complete your tasks or assignments. The audio to text converter tool will take care of it. And if you did not know how to use it, the complete guide to transcribe audio to text free is out now. With a tool that can convert audio to text, you can transform your life and make writing tasks easier than ever—no more missing deadlines because of slow typing. All you need to do is activate the tools mentioned above by following the steps. After that, you can speak endlessly, and the tool will instantly translate voice to text with stunning accuracy.