Top 9 Avidemux Alternatives for Linux
Avidemux is a free video editor created for filtering, processing and encoding tasks. It is compatible with the most commonly used operating systems such as BSD, Linux, Windows and Mac OX X. Many files types are supported by this open source software such as MP4, MPEG, and AVI. There is also a drawback of this video editing program i.e. it lacks advanced features such as multi-track editing, timeline etc. Thus there is a need to look for another video editor that can add professionally designed features to your video.
9 Best Avidemux alternatives for Linux:
This multi-platform and open source free video editor is specifically designed for the people who like to work with Linux operating systems. It has user-friendly interface and supports various video and audio formats.
- Watermark can be applied.
- Drag-n-drop technique
- Video cutting, trimming, scaling and resizing
- 3D animated titles can be given
- Allows digital zooming
It is a multithreaded video transcoder besides open source software i.e. it can convert digital media from one format into another and also compresses the files during the whole process.
- Compatible with VIDEO_TS files, DVD image and Blu-ray source
- A third party application for encrypting and decrypting media files without using VLC.
- It can rip encrypted DVDs with the help of libdvdcss.
This video editing software is suitable for both beginners and professionals. It has feature-rich free as well as paid version. It supports Mac and windows in addition to Linux.
- Advanced real time multi-camera editing
- Many different video effects
- Export and import functions
- Vimeo export
- Accurate frame capture tool
It is a cross-platform and non linear video editor. This open source software is available free of cost. Many video and audio formats are supported by it.
- Native editing
- Intuitive user interface
- Device and transport option
- 3-point editing
- Codec independent
- Multi track timeline with waveforms and thumbnails
- Several video effects including speed effect, deinterlacing, video filters etc.
It is another great open source and free video editor designed for performing semi-professional tasks. Kdenlive depends on some projects like MLT AND FFmpeg video framework.
- Personalized layout support
- Multi track video editing
- System of Dual video monitors
- Compatible with wide variety of camcorders
- Mix image, audio and video formats
This open source, free video editing program has a clean codebase and a sleek, intuitive interface. The Gstreamer framework is used to import, export and render Media files.
- Supports various languages
- Easy-to-use software
- Precise edition of audio and video files
- Cutting, snapping, splitting and trimming videos
You can do simple as well as professional video editing with this free software. LiVES is a VJ tool released by an international video artist named Gabriel Finch. It supports many languages such as Python, C, C ++, Perl and others.
- Real time mixing of clips
- Personalized effects and transitions
- Load and edit each video format through mplayer
- Saving and re-encoding of clips
This high quality video editor is a perfect option for film makers. The advanced users and beginners can also use it conveniently.
- Various effects
- Professionally designed user interface
- Edit audio files with unlimited layers
- Deck control
- Support for the both ffmpeg and 4K resolution
It is an advanced open source video editor having many useful functions. Thus it is an appropriate choice for people who want to give a stunning look to their videos.
- There is an animation toolset.
- Utilization of Physically accurate shaders
- Automatic skinning
- 3 D modeling and sculpting
In addition to these video editing programs, you can also use Wondershare Filmora for creating amazing videos in any famous format. Face off, tilt shift, mosaic, picture-in-picture etc are some of the advanced features of this video editor. You can also customize home video by using transitions, texts, filters etc. Check the video below to see what Filmora can do for you. If you want to learn more about video editing, do not miss Video Editing Tips.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Avidemux tutorials
- 1. Avidemux alternatives
- 1.1 Top 15 Avidemux Alternatives for Windows and Mac
- 2. Basic editing tips for Avidemux
- 2.1 How To Join/Merge Video Clips With Avidemux
- 2.2 How to rotate clips in Avidemux
- 2.3 How to reduce video size with Avidemux
- 3. Advenced editing tips for Avidemux
- 3.1 How to Add Video Effects Filters/Transitions to Videos in Avidemux
- 3.2 How to add text/subtitles with Avidemux
- 3.3 How to Edit Audio in Avidemux