Best Gaming Recorder for Twitch Stream Video
Whether you are a growing Twitch streamer or just want to share the best gaming moments online with your friends; it is important to use a good quality gaming software to capture high-quality results. It is the best way to boost your popularity online and let the world know how dedicated you are towards your games. The great news is that market is currently loaded with a wide range of game recording tools, but beginners often find it difficult to choose the best one. Don’t worry! This article contains essential details about best gaming recorders available online to meet your requirements.
Best Gaming Recorder for Twitch Stream Video:
Below we have listed the best gaming recorder tools for your Twitch video streaming needs. It is important to understand that every screen recording software has some impact on the overall performance of the game; however, the extent may vary.
Price: Free Trial
Compatibility: Window and MacOS
Purpose: Video recording software
- Record a part of the screen or entire screen as per need.
- Allow uses to capture system audio, video, mic and webcam at the same time.
- Add markers at different points.
- Able to record games at 120fps.
- GPU Acceleartion to reduce latency
- Possible to change video speed.
- Add fade in/fade out with easy to use drag and drop features.
How to Record Twitch Stream Video with Filmora Scrn :
Step 1: Install Filmora Scrn on your PC.
Step 2: Choose any one out of three options: video editor, quick capture, or get started as per requirement.
Step 3: Customize record settings on screen. You can target the entire screen, specific region or target window.
Step 4: Your tool is now ready to capture. Hit the record button or use F10 key from keyboard to get started.
2. OBS Studio:
Compatibility: Mac, Linux, Windows
Purpose: Video recording and live streaming
- Lots of filters for color correction, color keying, and image masking.
- Intuitive video mixers along with real-time custom transitions.
- Attractive light and dark themes available.
How to Use OBS to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Install OBS on your system and open the software.
Step 2: Go to settings and choose broadcast settings from available options.
Step 3: Checkmark “Automatically save stream to file” option and add file path. Prefer to create an exclusive folder that you can remember in the future.
Step 4: Begin your streaming now, and the details will be automatically saved in your preferred directory.
Compatibility: Window, Linux, and Mac
Purpose: Streaming video recorder software.
- Can record and stream at the same time without using any third-party software.
- It is possible to customize the skin on an interface using online free skin resources.
- Easy to use for beginners and professionals as well.
How to Use VLC to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download and install the VLC media player and open this app.
Step 2: Go to media menu and choose “Open Network Steam” option or simply hit Crtl+N.
Step 3: Enter your stream address in the given field and from the bottom right drop-down menu choose the Stream option.
Step 4: Click next button on the Stream Output Window, but make sure it is displaying correct stream address.
Step 5: On the destination setup window, click on Add button, add filename and then hit Browse.
Step 6: In the new window, provide folder address where you want to save your stream record file.
Step 7: Start streaming your video online.
Price: $199 lifetime.
Purpose: Broadcasting and live streaming software.
- Supports almost all capture cards.
- It is possible to use Webcam with xSplit.
- A wide range of professional-level features with advanced plugins and integrations.
- Useful chat and follower’s notifications.
How to use XSplit to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Install xSplit on your system and then open its main window.
Step 2: Select tools and go to the drop-down menu, choose My Recordings option available on the screen.
Step 3: From the new window, click on the 3 dots available on the bottom right corner of the address bar named as Location.
Step 4: Choose the destination folder for your files.
Step 5: Begin your recording session and under the Broadcast tab, select Local Recording option.
5. Nvidia ShadowPlay Game Recorder:
Purpose: Recording and Live Streaming Software
- Creative shadow time feature.
- Allows easy streaming settings that suit beginners as well.
- Works only with Nvidia graphics cards.
- Supports 4k screenshots.
- Manages instant streaming on multiple social media platforms including YouTube, Facebook as well with Twitch.
How to Use Nvidia ShadowPlay to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download this software tool on your system and install.
Step 2: Hit on the ShadowPlay button available on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 3: Hit the On-Off switch to activate ShadowPlay and then select Twitch from mode drop-down.
Step 4: Open your Twitch account and activate your camera.
Step 5: It will immediately start broadcasting on your Channel, and the file can also be saved for future at specific locations.
Check out the detailed steps about How to Use Nvidia ShadowPlay to Record Gaming Videos
Price: Free trial version/Paid version at $35.
Purpose: Streaming and Recording software
- This software tool is optimized especially for games.
- Designed with built-in fps counter.
- Offers maximum recording limit of around 30 seconds.
- Videos are watermarked in the free
How to Use Fraps to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download Fraps; you can work with free or paid version as per your needs.
Step 2: Open Fraps on your system and then set the desired hotkey to begin the recording process. It is F9 by default.
Step 3: You can minimize this window as it works perfectly when minimized as well.
Step 4: Now open your desired game and stay playing it.
Step 5: Hit the hotkey whenever you want to begin the video recording process.
Check out the which one is better for recording: Fraps Vs OBS comparison
Purpose: Recording software
- Simple and beginner-friendly
- Supports free scaling and arbitrary cropping.
- It also supports third-party VFD codec to enhance results.
How to Use Dxtory to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download the software on your system and install it.
Step 2: Run your game as Dxtroy can automatically recognize their activity on your system. The recording will begin automatically.
Step 3: Select your save location for recorded video. Now hit the benchmark button available on the screen.
Step 4: Set up your hotkeys as per need.
Step 5: Alter the video settings like frame rate, video codecs, and file format, etc. Also, set up your audio.
Check out the detailed steps of how to use Dxtory to Record videos
Purpose: Screen recording software.
- Supports both webcam and screen recording.
- No time limitation.
- Multiple options for input and output file formats.
- Supports real-time recording.
- Smooth video recording and streaming, without any watermark.
How to Use ShowMore to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download the app and install it on your system.
Step 2: Go to settings, choose desired video format, audio quality, and perform other essential settings.
Step 3: Select the system sound and a web camera as per requirement.
Step 4: Select your target screen area to begin recording.
Step 5: Hit the red record button available on the bottom bar of the screen.
Step 6: Use the stop button to finish recording whenever needed. You can use markers and effects to make your videos more interesting side by side.
9. AMD ReLive:
Purpose: Screen Recording Software
- Easy to use.
- Offers high-quality video recording.
- Suitable for professional needs with impressive features and awesome content quality.
- Simple settings and record options.
How to Use AMD ReLive to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download AMD ReLive on your system and install it.
Step 2: Go to settings and adjust video quality, audio quality details as per need.
Step 3: Select the record button to begin recording instantly.
Step 4: You can also use the webcam to capture external movements.
Step 5: Save files to the desired location and share them online with your viewers.
Purpose: Screen Recording Software
- Instant replay, and rewatch option for last 30 seconds.
- Ability to drop bookmarks for your review moments.
- Share your recordings easily on various platforms like Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, and Discord, etc.
- Lightweight and user-friendly
How to Use Plays.tv to Record Twitch Stream Video:
Step 1: Download and install software on your system.
Step 2: Choose to wither automatic recording or manual recording as per your need.
Step 3: With automatic recording, your screen will be recorded automatically whenever you start playing the game.
Step 4: In the manual mode, you have the option to start and stop recording as per your choice.
Step 5: Users can also change the quality of the recording and fix highlight length for recorded videos.
If you are also planning to showcase your gameplay skills to your viewers online; it is good to choose the most suitable recording software from the listed options in this article. Prefer to record videos with most compatible formats and high-quality content to impress the audience on your gaming channel. A good quality recording and streaming software can build the reputation of your channel within very less time.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>