How Do I Delete Or Close My Old LinkedIn Account (Solved)
There are also many who are not able to use the tool or the platform and wishes to delete LinkedIn account. There are also few who are unaware how to edit the LinkedIn account and find it easier to remove the existing account to create a new one.
Whatever be your requirement or problem, if you want to cancel LinkedIn account it is quite simple and does not involve much of your time or understanding. Do you know how to close LinkedIn account? With this article learn how to delete LinkedIn account on Android phone and computer.
- Part1: Notes You Need To Know
- Part2: How to Delete LinkedIn Account on PC
- Part3: How To Close Linkedin Account On Android Phone
Part1: Notes You Need To Know
Here are some of the points which you may find important prior to deleting your LinkedIn account. Just remember the following notes so that you are not confused why is your profile appearing in search engines even after closing it or why are you unable to close your premium membership account, and so on.
- Once you delete LinkedIn account, the profile will be removed from the LinkedIn account but your information may be temporarily displayed on the search engines.
- Do you have a premium membership on LinkedIn? In such a situation, you first have to cancel LinkedIn account premium membership and continue with the free basic membership or delete LinkedIn account.
- You will not be able to contact any of your Connections.
- Your collected endorsements and recommendations on the LinkedIn profile will be lost.
- A copy of your LinkedIn data can be downloaded if you want.
- Do you have more than one LinkedIn account? You may merge or delete LinkedIn account.
- Reopening your LinkedIn account is possible within 20days but the data like recommendations, pending invitations, followings, or group memberships will be lost.
Part2: How to Delete LinkedIn Account on PC
Step 1: To delete LinkedIn account, sign in by entering the username and the password. On the top right hand side corner, you can find the "Me" tab. From the "Me" tab drop down menu, you can go to Settings & Privacy. Now, under the "Account" tab find the "Account Management" option.
Step 2: Next, to "Close your LinkedIn account" find the "Change" option and click on it. You will get a warning if you are a premium member that without canceling the premium membership, you cannot close LinkedIn account. Click on "You’ll need to convert it to a Basic membership" option to reach the membership cancelation page.
Step 3: Then, you need to click on the answer why you wish to delete LinkedIn account from the options available like I have a duplicate account, I'm getting too many emails, I'm not getting any value from my membership, I have a privacy concern, I'm receiving unwanted contact, and Other. At the bottom of the page, click on "Next". You are asked to enter your password. Now, click on Close "Close Account".
This automatically deletes LinkedIn account officially but, it takes few more weeks to remove LinkedIn account from the search engines as well.
Part3: How To Close Linkedin Account On Android Phone
If you wish to close LinkedIn account on Android phone, there’s nothing to worry about. It is very similar to how you delete LinkedIn account on PC.
- At first, tap on the LinkedIn app and then click on the displayed profile picture. Next, on the top right corner you can find the Settings tab, tap on it. From the Account icon, click on Close Account.
- A message appears if you wish to "continue", so tap on the continue option.Once you click on the continue option, a similar message like the above in delete LinkedIn account from PC appears as to why you wish to close LinkedIn account. Click on any one reason for leaving LinkedIn and then, proceed to tap "Next". It asks for your password to ensure it’s you and for the security of your account and once entering the password is complete, tap "done".
LinkedIn is not rigid about deleting the account or losing a user. It is completely up to you and your convenience, if you wish to remove LinkedIn account completely. Whether mobile browser or Android phone or your computer, the process to cancel LinkedIn account is quite simple and does not involve much of any critical steps. Follow the above points to delete LinkedIn account from your PC or Android.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>