How to Save Snapchat Videos with Apps on Android and Mac
The popular social networking app Snapchat comes with some ephemeral features. This self-deleting feature deters users from saving Snapchat videos of their friends. Snapchat photos, videos, and stories of contacts vanish from storyboard right after you view them.
So, what will you do to save photos or videos from your friends’ Snapchat or Snap Stories long before they are gone? You can take a screenshot, save in flight mode, use your computer, or an app to capture the videos and images.
Through this article, we are going to tell you, how to save Snapchats to your phone to make you watch them later.
- Part1: How to Save Snapchats without them knowing
- Part2: How to save Snapchat videos on Mac
- Part3: How to save Snapchat videos on Android
- Part4: How to save Snapchat videos to your Phone
Part 1: How to Save Snapchats without them knowing
You want to save a friend’s Snaps, but Snapchat immediately alerts them of the screen shot taken. Hence, it is not possible to save other’s pictures or videos in Snapchat in incognito mode. You don’t need apps to save Snapchat to your phone. There is hardly a feasible way to do so without the senders’ knowledge. In such a situation, you can try out the following option – saving Snaps in flight mode.
Here are the steps
- First of all, launch the Snapchat app on your mobile phone and leave it open. Go to your phone’s ‘Settings’ (Android/iPhone) and toggle on the ‘Airplane/Flight’ mode. Airplane/Flight mode disables all the wireless connections, be it network signals or internet related services for your device (Wi-Fi as well as cellular).
- Browse the Snapchat inbox and view the desired Snap that you wish to save, and quickly take a screenshot. Make sure to be quick enough and do it before the Snap expires.
- Now, logout from your Snapchat account right after taking the screenshot. You need to follow the logout process according to your device specific settings. Being in ‘Airplane/Flight’ mode you can’t logout, but click the logout option anyway (this is vital!).
- Here, you need to close the Snapchat app on your mobile phone by swiping out the Snapchat app (up/sideways depending on Android/iPhone) from your device’s force quit screen.
- Toggle off the ‘Airplane/Flight’ mode and wait until your phone connects to the Wi-Fi or mobile network. Now, launch the Snapchat app again and login with the same credentials. The Snaps you have taken screenshots of will still appear as unopened on the storyboard and your friend will have no clue about the Snap being screenshot.
Part 2: How to save Snapchat videos on Mac
After learning to take screenshots of Snaps using the ‘Airplane’ mode, how about saving Snapchat videos on your Mac computer? Yes, you can easily save Snapchat videos using your iPhone and Mac computer. The process involves recording your iPhone’s screen through your Mac as a movie and then saving it. Here is how to do it
- Take and connect your iPhone and Mac computer using a lightning cable. Make sure that they are pre-synced. Now, launch QuickTime Player on your computer and then tap ‘File’ in the finder menu, then ‘New Movie Recording’.
- This will make your Mac’s camera act as the primary camera/recording device. To turn the iPhone as the recording device, go to the QuickTime screen and tap the ‘downward arrow’ button adjacent to the record button. The iPhone will be available under both the Camera and Microphone section, choose it for both the options.
- You’ll now notice that your iPhone’s screen has been mirrored with your Mac computer.
- Now, on your iPhone, go to Snapchat and browse the inbox. Subsequently, on your Mac, tap the ‘Record’ button and then start viewing the snaps on your iPhone. QuickTime will record everything from the snaps and save it on your computer.
- After you’re done with recording, tap the ‘Record’ button again to stop it. Lastly, go to ‘File’ and click ‘Save’, the file format to which the file will be saved is .mov which is generally supported by majority of movie players.
Part 3: How to save Snapchat videos on Android
In case you are looking for a way to save Snapchat videos, take screenshots of chats, make slideshows of stories, or record other’s stories on your Android device itself, then AZ Screen recorder is one such app to save those Snapchats. It doesn’t require any root access to your Android phone, so is preferred by most users.
- Download the Apk file, install, and launch the AZ Screen Recorder Snapchat App. Set up the account in your Android phone with required information.
- Tap the ‘Record’ button in AZ Screen Recorder and then open Snapchat inbox. Browse through the content you want to record, the app will record everything on the go.
- Stop the recording by tapping the ‘Record’ button again.
Note: When saving Snapchat videos via this method, Snapchat is unable to trace that the video or stories are being recorded. Thereby, you save the Snapchat stories without even notifying the uploader.
Part 4: How to save Snapchat videos to your Phone
If you are wondering about saving your own Snapchat videos to your phone, then you are at the right place for a solution. It’s pretty simple, just like saving a photo.
Here is how
- Launch Snapchat in your mobile phone and then press and hold the camera button to record a video.
- Once you are done, lift your finger from the camera and tap the ‘Save’ button from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You will see the ‘Saved to memories’ message. Now, browse your Snapchat folder to locate the video.
- If you forgot to save it before posting as a story, then go to the ‘Stories’ tab and click on the three vertical dots next to ‘My Story’ and select the video. Click the ‘Save’ button next to it to save Snapchat videos to your mobile.
It is not impossible to save Snapchat videos to your Mac or Android phone. In fact, you just need to learn the right way that suits you. Be it through the apps to save Snapchat videos and stories or taking screenshots in ‘Airplane’ mode, you got to be quick and save what you like.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>