Color grading is a post-production process common to filmmaking and video editing that improves image appearance for presentation in different environments on different devices. Various image attributes such as contrast, color, saturation, detail, black level, and white point can be enhanced whether it is movies, videos, or still images.
In this article
- Part 1. What is color grading?
- Part 2. 11 best Color Correction and Color Grading Tutorial
- 1. Color correction and grading in Premiere Pro 2021
- 2. Color Grading with DaVinci Resolve: Beginner to Advanced
- 3. Cinematic Color Grading: Making Your Videos Come Alive
- 4. Color Grading Masterclass: Resolve 15
- 5. Adobe Premiere Pro: Color Grading Masterclass (Updated)
- 6. Color Grading and Correction with DaVinci Resolve
- 7. Cinematic Color Grading With Premiere Pro 2021 for Beginners
- 8. Premiere Pro Lumetri 2020: Color Correct & Color Grade
- 9. Amber & Teal - Cinematic Color Grading in Photoshop
- 10. Adobe Lightroom СС: Color Correction in Lightroom A to Z
- 11. Understanding Color in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Part 3. How to use Filmora to color grade video?
Part 1. What is color grading?
Color grading is the process of stylizing the color scheme of your footage by "painting" over what you've created using color correction. After the colorist completes the color correction, they can begin the process of grading the footage. During color grading, colorists use editing software to stylize the shot – emphasizing the visual tone and atmosphere of the film and making it look more cinematic.
Color sorting can be used for both technical and creative changes. Colorists use color gradation for artistic purposes to ensure that a film's carefully selected color palette conveys a specific atmosphere, style, or emotion. For example, American Beauty (1999) uses redder in dramatic moments to represent passion, anger, and power, whereas Maleficent (2014) uses green to represent danger, corruption, and darkness.
Part 2. 11 best Color Correction and Color Grading Tutorial
Whether you shoot video on your smartphone or DSLR, you always want to give it a cinematic look with different color combinations. Most of us are used to using filters. Well, that's what we're going to change here.
In this course you will learn:
- Core and basics of color correction
- Relating to the effects of exposure and contrast on your video
- About lights and shadows and how they affect your video
- About black and white and how it affects your video
- Details on sorting colors using curves, color wheels, etc
- How to use the secondary color sections in the color grading to change specific parts of the video
- Step-by-step color sorting process
- How to apply color sorting to all your videos in the editing timeline
Course updates to Resolve 17 are largely complete. more updates and re-recorded lectures will be added regularly.
Color grading still has a special, almost mystical status among some filmmakers. Well, there's no magic here (Blackmagic doesn't count), just hard graft and know-how. This course will take you from a steady start to advanced and professional color grading using the excellent DaVinci Resolve. The training material I provide comes from real projects where I was paid to work. I will show you how I approached each of these projects to achieve professional top results.
In this course you will learn:
- Be able to carry out a classification project from start to finish and deliver it at a professional level
- Be able to guide others through the color sorting workflow
Have you ever watched someone's film and thought "that color looks incredible the way they do that"? Then this is the perfect course for you.
I'm here to teach you how to color grade your videos to make them look more cinematic and take your videography to the next level.
This course is designed to show you what it means to create a cinematic color grade for your film and how to better tell your story using color grading. We'll learn about color grading theory, tools to help you grade, how to shoot so your footage has the best possible starting point, how to color correctly, how to color, what my workflow is, and most importantly lots of examples.
What will you learn?
- Learn to use standard techniques and tips to color grade your movies in a cinematic way using various programs and plugins.
A lot of people try to create a film look and a lot of people ask me how I create my look. Creating a short tutorial wouldn't be enough to show you how I do it. So I decided to do an in-depth course that will show my process and how you can take your color grading to the next level.
A great score makes you feel things, can set the style, and tell stronger stories.
This course will teach you how to create a professional cinematic look.
So if you are serious about working with film, video, and color grading and want to become a PRO, this course will help you to take your films and projects to the next level.
What you get:
- You will gain a deep understanding of the most useful techniques and tricks to achieve a cinematic look in your movies.
- The course mixes theory and tips with practical examples that you can apply to your project today.
- You will learn about; DaVinci Resolve, the grading process, grading for clients, calibration and advanced grading techniques, and much more.
A complete modern master class for color correction and grading!
Learn the basic color correction concepts, tools, and features you'll need to create perfect cinematic colors in your videos/films.
Create stunning cinematic looks with Adobe Premiere Pro's powerful color correction and grading tools (2018, 2019, UPDATE 2020)
- Learn color theory
- Learn all about Lumetri Color
- Learn how to use the Lumetri Scope for color analysis
- Create a cinematic look based on famous Hollywood movies
- Practice with more color controls and Premiere tools
- Learn advanced color grading techniques
- EXTRA: Colorista III (plug-in)
- Watch for updates
Rob Bessette, a professional colorist from Boston, MA, joins you for this color grading and color correction course. This is an eight-part course that starts with the basics of color correction and moves on to advanced techniques such as motion tracking and color keying.
Rob uses Black magic Design's DaVinci Resolve software package, an industry-standard post-production application. DaVinci Resolve is available for free in lite form or as a paid package. You can use DaVinci Resolve's free version to follow along with this color repair lesson.
A few areas covered in the course:
- Presentation of the color wheel
- Saturation and intensity of the piece
- Shadows, mid tones, and highlights
- How to analyze footage
- Progress monitors
- Balancing the image using lights
- An example of how to match colors using vector ranges and waveforms
- Adjust shadows, mid tones, and highlights using black and white
- Comparing images with a "master reference image" and comparing with the master image
- A quick overview covering some basic footage organization and import tips for DaVinci.
If you want the look of your films to stand out and take your career to the next level, but struggle with the color grading aspect, then this is the perfect course for you.
I've been where you've been and I understand it's scary with so many different color correction and grading tutorials, LUTs, out there. Shots that don't fit together, shots that look pathetic. The more you try to learn, the messier it gets.
You can do it! Even if you're a beginner or just starting, this course will teach you how to easily colorize footage and give it a cinematic look in minutes.
What will you learn?
- Give normal shots a Hollywood look
- Learn Color Grading for Cinematography
- Create a cinematic look
- You will learn to use standard techniques and tips for color grading your films
- Increase the quality of your movies
- Bring your filmmaking to the next level
- Use Premiere Pro CC to color correct like a pro
Start learning color correction and color grading in this beginner's class. This lesson does not include boring theoretical lessons. From the first lesson, we dive straight into practical examples and real situations.
By the end of the lesson, you will have a thorough understanding of all the color correction tools in Adobe Premiere Pro Lumetri.
Confused about color correction tools and how they work? What is good color grading? And how can I get that 'Cinematic Look'? Tons of questions that I am very happy to explain.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Lumetri controls and how they work
- Using ranges in the color correction function
- Perform advanced color correction tasks
- Fix bad record
- Coordinating the hues and levels of several clips
- How to create a look
- Color correction and sorting workflow
Using Amber and Teal gradation techniques to add mood and feel to photographs is a trick used by the giants of the silver screen. You can bring the same impressive cinematic style to your work using three different color methods in Photoshop using the Color Lookup tool, the Color Balance adjustment layer, and my personal favorite Photoshop tool — Curves. You'll learn all of this by working with three images hands-on, plus you'll learn how to remove a color cast from an image and how to fine-tune images using the Adobe color wheel. This powerful work is so simple that even Photoshop beginners can achieve amazing results.
What will you learn?
- How to color your photos in the "Amber & Teal" movie trend using simple color gradation techniques
- The most effective approach to assess an image and eliminate color cast
- How to use the Histogram tool effectively
- Smart work for incredible coloring results with Photoshop's most powerful tool: Curves
This Lightroom CC professional color correction course will teach you how to create high-quality color correction and color grading of your images right in Lightroom!
There is no need to use any additional software or plugins – everything is included right out of the box.
Whether you are a beginner photographer or already have some Adobe Lightroom skills, this course will teach you how to perform professional color correction.
Master professional color correction techniques and create amazing images that will boost your portfolio views, active followers, and ultimately your photography income.
Key things you will learn:
- Understand the principles of color correction and color harmony
- Master your color correction skills to a professional level
- Create a mood for your photos to better tell your story
- Sync color settings from frame to frame in minutes
- See how local color correction works
- The best photographs should be exported for web viewing.
- Get more views, likes, and social shares
- How to create a cinematic color gradation
You will be guided through every step of "Understanding Color" in this comprehensive course. From color correction to color grading
We'll work together to take you through each of the panels and create premiere "follow" projects so you can maximize your learning experience as you learn.
What will I learn?
You will learn the complete basic training of color correction and grading in Premiere Pro.
- What is white balance in a camera
- What is the Kelvin range
- How to color correct an image and related steps.
- Functionality of each Lumetri tool
- Understand measurement tools such as waveform, RGB parade, and vector range
- Perform color correction on a bad image
- How to color a Flat or Slog recording
- Create masks to color correct a specific area
- Match the colors of different images
Part 3. How to use Filmora to color grade video?
To get the best of both worlds, Filmora is a must-have tool. Equipped with the latest specifications, this video editor does more than just edit. With this editor, users can enjoy merging different clips, and range markers, and effortlessly inserting audio and video over the clip.
To give the atmosphere of great effects, it is easy to directly apply some fixed LUTs by clicking "Effect" and selecting "LUT", where you can view a variety of preset LUT packages. To complete changing the color of your entire film, drag and drop the objects directly onto the timeline video clip.
Of course, you may choose "Advanced" for a more subtle color correction if you're still not satisfied with the result. There are components in Adjust such Enhancement, White Balance, and Vignette. In the Preset menu, you can also select a finer pre-made configuration.
In short, we've touched on many different color grading tutorials that simplify and professionalize the color grading process. Filmora offers other video editing options in addition to the simple Color Correction to help you take your videos to new levels. Anyone can download it free and use it for themselves.