Would you like to add white borders to your videos?
Are you looking to put white backgrounds to your videos without cutting them?
You have seen many videos with attractive borders on different social media platforms (Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.) Adding borders allows you to create an evocative effect and also adjust the cropping issues. It plays a good role in redesigning a video. It should be noted that a border can change the entire style of the video.
There are hundreds of video editing software that allow adding borders to the videos for mobile and desktop. In this article, we shall discuss different ways to add white borders in movies used on different social media platforms.
4 Ways to Add White Borders to Video
The following 4 ways can be used to add white borders to the videos.
- Add a white border to the video on the computer (using Filmora)
- Add a white border to the video online
- Add a white border to the video on Android
- Add a white border to the video on iOS
Recommended way to add a white border to the video on the computer - using Filmora
Filmora Video Editor is one of the best video editing software. It allows editing the videos in a professional way. It has built-in editing features like splitting/cutting, trimming, cropping, adding watermark, changing speed, recording voice, and many more Along with this, you can rely on this application to add borders with different colors including white borders, black borders, colored border, and customized border. Add white borders on a computer, all this can be done in a few simple steps.
Let’s download the free Wonder Share Filmora 11 software to proceed.
- Go to media, and import the video from your storage.
- Drag the video into the timeline.
- Select the video by clicking on the video.
- Hit the effects You can select the colorful effects from the panel.
- Now, write borders in the search engine. You will find various borders styles in the panel.
- Select the white border at the top of the panel.
- Simply drag and drop the border to the video/image.
- You will see the white border on the selected video.
- You can change the color of the border.
- Select the video by double-clicking on it.
- Hit the Effect tab from the Image and then click on Borders.
- Here you can change the color of your borders.
- Hit the OK
Add a white border to the video online
You can change white borders without launching software by editing online. Kapwing is an online video editing tool that is used to edit videos, images, and GIFs. It is very easy to use and the good thing about Kapwing is, it’s free and you don’t need to sign up or add watermarks to your edited videos/images.
However, it allows you to edit a video up to 250MB or you can only upload a video of almost 7 minutes in length. What you would need is to have a good internet connection and a Web.
Let’s start editing to add white borders step by step:
- Visit Kapwing collage maker and hit start collage maker
- You will see the below window.
- Click on Add media and select the desired video or image.
- Drag and drop the video into the timeline.
- Click on the video and drag the 4 corners to resize your video.
- It will eventually provide you with a white background and you can use it as a white border.
- Hit the Lock ratio tab once you got satisfied with your image borders.
- Double click the border to set the background color.
- You can change the background colors of your choice.
Add a white border to the video on Android
You can add white borders to your videos using android. BeeCut is a very simple and useful application for video editing. It presents a lot of stylish and beautiful frames and effects to make your video amazing. Along with this, it allows you to add text, filters, transitions, and many features to make your video stand out. It is very easy to use as takes a few steps to add frames to your video in android. To start the process follow these steps;
- Launch BeeCut on your mobile/android.
- Open the app and click on Media.
- Hit on Import file.
- Drag the video into the timeline or hit the +
- Hit the overlays
- Select your desired border.
- Drag the desired overlay border over the timeline. Here you can edit your design (change color, effect, etc.)
- Now, hit the export tab and choose the quality and format of your video.
- Save the file on your android.
Add a white border to the video on iOS
The PicsArt app is commonly used to edit videos on iPhone as well as on android. It is a very simple app, even a layman can use PicsArt and make professional white borders. This app is familiar among Instagram users. It changes the rectangular video or image into a square format. The aspect ratio of 1:1 is used for Instagram videos. It not only adds borders to the videos but also provides editing features like cut, resize, rotate, trims, text, etc. Let’s start with step-by-step instructions to add white borders to the video.
- Go to the app store and download the PicsArt app.
- Open the app and select the desired video.
- Hit the Fit tab from the bottom center.
- Select the color tool from the bottom.
- Choose the white color for white borders and you can also choose the desired color.
- Hit the ütab and the video will be saved to your phone gallery or you can directly share the video on Instagram.
In the above content, we have introduced four methods to add white borders in your videos using windows, android, iPhone, and online. All the methods are free to use.
Wonder Share Filmora 11 is highly recommended to get the best and most professional results. It not only allows you to add borders but also provides you with an advanced editing panel. You can easily edit your videos and share with your social circle.