How to Create Photoshop GIF The 100% Easy Way
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Having trouble creating Photoshop GIFs? Stay tuned to set everything straight.
Part 1 Easy Ways to Create an Animated GIF in Photoshop
Animated GIFs are a naturally captivating means of information exchange and entertainment. When the talk is about creating these, you can visibly see a flood of creation tools and software solutions. However, standing out in the crowd, are those catchy Photoshop snippets that certainly have the potential to leave you jaw dropped.
A Photoshop GIF is bound to capture attention, owing to its high quality imaging and top rated professional editing outlook. If you possess the editing flare, do try creating one for an amazing editing experience.
Creating Animated Photoshop GIFs: Easiest Solutions
Let’s take a look into some easy and interesting ways of creating a GIF in Photoshop, to leave you with handy solutions, just in case you feel motivated to take up the creation idea.
Before you begin, make sure to install and launch a suitable version the Photoshop application in your device and keep a set of selected images at hand that you will require for GIF creation.
● Step 1: Load Image Files
Photoshop requires you to load your selected files into its creation stack. There is no limit on the image count, but make sure you choose images in a natural series so that the GIF doesn’t give an out of the box feel.
Reach the ‘File’ tab at the top and load your image files into the Photoshop stack using the following path:
File -> Scripts -> Load Files into Stack
● Step 2: Image Selection
In the next pop-up window, click ‘Browse’ and choose the image file you wish to load into the Photoshop stack. In case the selected images seem tom lack proper alignment, click on the ‘Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images’ checkbox to set this straight and make your GIF frame stable.
Click on ‘OK’ when you are happy with your selections.
At this instant, Photoshop starts creating layers for the uploaded images, which you can see in the ‘Layers’ panel at the bottom-right. You are allowed to rearrange the image layers by selecting and dragging them or click on layer names to rename them.
If you notice distortion in Photoshop’s automatic alignment of your images, just crop the images frames to sort this out. Here’s how you can get this done:
● Tap the ‘Crop’ symbol.
● Adjust the crop frame to select the desired portion.
● Click on ‘Enter’ to confirm the action.
If you didn’t permit auto alignment previously, no worries, you can move ahead.
● Step 3: Make a Timeline Setup
Navigate to the ‘Window’ tab in the top menu and click the ’Timeline’ checkbox. You will see the ‘Timeline Window’ pop up below the Photoshop workspace, where you need to select the ‘Create Frame Animation’ tab. This will cause the options for frame animation to pop-up.
Select you topmost image layer, followed by clicking on the ‘Duplicate’ icon to generate a copy of the image frame.
● Step 4: Decide Time Frames
Select your topmost image frame to see a play duration of ‘0 sec’ below its thumbnail. Click to open the drop-down menu beside it and choose suitable time duration for the frame to run. Allot time durations to all successive frames in a similar manner.
● Step 5: Conceal Top Layers
You will see am combination of the first and second image layers in the image thumbnail. To set this right, navigate to ‘Layers’ to hide the top layer.
Continue to hide previous layers in successive frames so that each layer appears in its respective frame at the end of the process.
● Step 6: Preview Your Creation
Tap the ‘Play’ button to see your GIF preview. Ensure a smooth run with correct appearance order of images and precise frame durations.
● Step 7: Time to Share.
When you are satisfied, navigate to the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Save As’. From the menu that drops down, choose the GIF file format and click on ‘Save’.
In the ’GIF Save Options’ that follows, adjust file settings suited to your preference and tap ‘OK’.
As an alternative you can take the following path to open the ‘GIF Preview Window’:
File -> Export -> Save for Web
In the top-right comer, choose the GIF file format from the drop-down menu. There is also an option to resize your image at the bottom-right. It is advisable to keep the image size within 500 pixels for a convenient export across various media sharing platforms. When you finish, click on ‘Save’. Your creation is now ready for a media export.
Part 2 6 Ways to Make an Animated GIF Without Photoshop
The idea to create GIF in Photoshop is fun and exciting, no doubt on that, but you may often want to switch to a different platform. No issues with that, the web is there to sort out everything for you. All you need to do is open your favorite browser to land across a heap of welcoming solutions to create GIFs without Photoshop. Let’s have a look through the best ones:
Filmora by Wondershare is probably the best GIF maker tool you can rely on. This is packed with a diverse inventory of exciting design features that are ready to provide a creative boost to your editing skills. Loaded with a ton of classic audio visual effects, this software is certainly comprises of everything you need to create static and animated GIFs like a pro.
Build unique custom animations without breaking a sweat.
Focus on creating epic stories and leave the details to Filmora's auto features.
Start a creative adventure with drag & drop effects and endless possibilities.
Filmora simplifies advanced features to save you time and effort.
Filmora cuts out repetition so you can move on to your next creative breakthrough.
● This is free software with possibly the most convenient interface.
● You get the freedom to play with hundreds of audio-visual effects to your heart’s content.
● You can create GIFs with static images and videos that are simply awesome to say the least.
● You need not worry about specific file formats. The software is compatible with almost all commonly known ones.
● Filmora allows you to expand and explore your editing talent to the fullest. You can play with tools like, cut, trim or combine image frames and make color and speed adjustments to get the perfect results for your artwork.
This is another GIF maker tool you can choose to create catchy and interesting GIFs. Photoscape is a simple graphic editor that makes GIF creation exciting and fun. Available to you for free, this software allows you to design and edit animated GIFs with a series of image enhancements, like, resizing, color selection, image prints, etc. Photoscape is compatible with your Windows, Linux and Mac supported devices and has a clean interface. However, the program may sometimes take up a slow run.
● You can improvise you GIF with image editing tools, like, color and size adjustments, clip arts, effects, overlays, etc.
● It has a unique ‘Photo Batch’ tool that you can use to process and rename multiple images simultaneously.
● Photoscape allows you to create interesting collages by merging a series of images into a single one.
● You can create captivating animated GIFs with multiple still images.
● The software is loaded with a bunch of utilities like, photo splitter, page merger, color picker, image viewer and others to give that perfect professional outlook to your creations.
This is also among the commonly preferred GIF creator software. The best this about the tool is that it is platform independent and compatible with almost any Operating System. Another choice appeal of the software is its direct workability that is, you don’t require any program installations to create GIFs using this tool.
● This is a simple graphic editor that runs on JAVA and is quite convenient to use.
● You can use this software to edit and create GIFs with images saved locally in your device.
● File formats supported by the software include PNG, JPEG, BMP and GIF.
● You don’t need to worry about licensing costs or in-app purchases; this tool is absolutely free to use.
● Loading big image files on this software may however, cost you some extra time.
01SSuite GIF Animator
This one is Windows compatible software that works well with both, 32 and 64-bit Operating System configurations. It lies among those ’Green Software Programs’ that cut down on your net energy cost. Apart from high quality animated GIFs, y6ou can also create movies and slides shows with this software.
● This is a free of cost, clean and user-friendly graphic editor software.
● You don’t require Windows registration to use this software
● You can conveniently save the software into any USB or memory device; it is easily portable.
● It facilitates a speedy GIF creation and editing.
● You can explore a variety of editing features and add separate time frames to each image using this software.
This is a free, online GIF maker tool that gives you the liberty to import images and videos from different app galleries, like, Picasa, Flickr and others to create and edit motion GIFs. The tool, though having a simple interface and feature packed, is quite ad-stricken, but you can skip that by sticking to the right webpage.
● The tool crosses language borders and is available to you in English, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian.
● You can make size adjustments to the GIF images, or add a completely new avatar of your own.
● The tool offers you a variety of editing effects and filters to enhance and improvise your created GIFs.
● You need not limit yourself to specific file formats with this tool; all common ones are conveniently supported.
● It is a quick and clean tool that rescues you from the glitch of a messy interface.
This one is also a free, online GIF creator with amazing editing features and tools. It comes with a diverse library of 20 frames and 30 effects to choose from, for creating normal and animated GIFs. It further has a variety of drawing and text editing tools you can use to add messages to your GIFs to make more impactful.
● The tool is packed with a vast set of quality image editing tools that can create attractive motion and animated GIFs.
● The tool allows you to adjust and change the speed of image frames to give a natural flow to your GIF.
● An exclusive feature of the tool is that it allows you to edit frames in its timeline.
● Your creations with the tools are deprived of any default watermarks. You can either add one of your choice, or even create GIFs without a watermark.
● The tool site is free of unwanted and irrelevant ads.
● Key Takeaways from This Episode →
● Making a GIF in Photoshop is a great idea to design animation snippets, both for fun and a target purpose. Using the Photoshop GIF maker ensures quality and class in complete professional styles.
● However, if you are keen on browsing through other GIF creator alternatives, you can safely pick the Filmora GIF Maher software for creating excellent, next level animated GIFs.