While it can be very easy to add text to an image, the same cannot be said when it comes to adding even the simplest text to a video. You will need video editing software that is designed with the necessary features to help you add text to your video.
There are very many programs in the market that can technically be used to add text to a video. But the ones we will look at are video editors that make the process easy, but also give you a wide range of options to customize your text in numerous ways.
In this article
Filmora by Wondershare is one of the best video editors in the market. Its user interface is so easy to use that adding text to the video is a simple 3-step process. Aside from adding text to the video, Filmora also allows you to edit other aspects of the video including adding transitions, overlays, and animations to any section of the video.
- You can use Filmora to add text to any section of the video
- It gives you the freedom to move the text to any section of the video
- Customizing the text, you add to the video can be done in numerous ways including changing the color, and font and adding animations to the text.
- It offers numerous templates to choose from and different font styles that you can use
- It has a simple user interface that makes the video editing process very easy
- It has numerous other video editing capabilities that allow you to create and edit videos in different ways including splitting videos, trimming videos, and even merging videos clips into one
- You can upload the videos directly to YouTube after editing.
Adobe After Effects is a motion picture editing program that you can also use to add text and other animations to your video. While you can use it to add simple text to the video, it is an ideal solution when your goal is to add advanced text animations. It is however by no means a simple solution, especially for beginners who may find it hard to get going with After Effects.
- You can add simple lines of text to any section of the video
- Text is easily customizable by changing the color, font, and size of the text
- You can also choose to change the entire text layer and add advanced animations and effects
- There are a lot of text, animations, and effects templates to choose from
- You can easily copy text from other Adobe applications to use in After Effects
Movavi video editor is another great video editor that you can use to add and edit text on a video. Like most similar tools it is designed to simplify the process, allowing you to add text to any section of the document, move the text to any location on the video and even add text effects to customize the text. It has a very simple user interface that allows you to do that quickly and easily.
- You can add text to any section of the video
- Customizing the text by changing the font, color and size is also very easy
- The user interface is very easy to use, allowing you to add even blocks of text very quickly
- You also have additional options to edit the video including splitting and merging the video or adjusting the brightness, saturation, and color.
This is a built-in video editor that you will find on macOS and iOS devices. Even though it is free, iMovie has a lot of features that come in handy when you want to add and edit text on a video. The fact that it can be used on iOS devices is an added advantage when you want to edit videos on the go.
- It allows users to add transitions and effects to the text you add to the video
- It comes with a lot of title templates to choose from
- Adding animated text is also very simple including Sideways Drift, Lens Flare, and more
- You can customize the text in very many ways including adding fonts, drop shadows, changing the color, and even resizing or repositioning the text.
TechSmith Camtasia is one of the most popular tools to create and edit videos. Of the numerous features that you get when you choose to use Camtasia is adding and editing text to the video. It has numerous templates that can be used to customize the text you add in various ways.
- It gives you numerous options to add text to the images including text boxes, templates, and effects
- It has a speech-to-text feature that is perfect for adding captions and subtitles to the video
- You can easily customize the text by adding transitions and effects or even by simply changing the font, color, and size of the text
- The text can be moved to any section of the video
Typito is an online video editor with simple tools that can help you make changes to any video. designed to help YouTube content creators and video editors, Typito can be used to add all kinds of text and text effects to any video. It is accessible on all browsers and it is also very easy to use.
- It is very easy to use, allowing you to add text to any video in a few simple steps
- It has numerous templates to choose from
- Changing the font size, color, and style of the text is very easy
- You can publish videos directly to numerous video-sharing sites after editing
- It allows users to add animations, transitions, and effects to the text
Splice is an iOS app designed to help you add text to videos on iOS devices. Adding text to any video using Splice can be easily done using the overlay feature. It also has numerous other video editing features including allowing you to easily synchronize your videos and music, adding filters and transitions, and more.
- it has a simple user interface that makes adding text very easy
- You can customize the text in various ways including changing the font size, color and style or even adding various text effects
- Videos can be saved on the device or shared directly on social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- It has numerous other video editing features including filters and animations
If the text you want to add to the video is in the form of captions or subtitles, then Clipomatic is perhaps the best choice. It supports various languages including German, French, Portuguese, and even Chinese. You can also use it to add regular text to any video, reposition the text on any section of the video and customize the text in various ways.
- It is available for both Android and iOS
- Adding text to the video is very easy
- You can easily customize the text by changing the font color, and size and adding transitions and text effects
- It supports various languages, making it ideal for captions and subtitles
MySubtitle is a simple but highly effective app that you can use to add text to your video. As the name suggests, this tool is ideal for adding subtitles and you can do that very easily by simply typing in the text and syncing the text to the video's content.
- It is available for both iOS and Android devices
- You can type in your subtitles directly on the video
- Subtitles can then be paced to suit the video's playback speed
- It is completely free to use
- You can share the videos you edit directly on various social media platforms