Avidemux - How to Use Avidemux to Edit Videos
Avidemux is free software which can be used to do some great editing. A user can cut, join, split, rotate videos as well as add filters. Users can learn a lot about how to use Avidemux by viewing various tutorials which are available on numerous websites and blogs. For users with good knowledge of computer can easily handle the software without the help from someone else. However, for beginners, more tips and tricks will be helpful. Here we'd like to share some. Avidemux operates on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. It can perform several important tasks of editing various types of videos.
- Trim/Split/Cut Videos with Avidemux
- Join Videos with Avidemux
- Rotate Videos with Avidemux
- Add Effects to Videos with Avidemux
- Convert Videos with Avidemux
- Mute Videos with Avidemux
- Extract Audio with Avidemux
- Export Different Audio/Video Formats
- Select MPEG 4 AVC option from video drop down list.
- Press configure option, after that a new X264 configuration window appears on the screen.
- Choose Average Bitrate in the appeared list, and fix Average Bitrate to 10000.
- Press OK bottom of the display to close the Average Bitrate.
- Choose MP3 from the audio dropdown list.
- After that press filters option and then set Resampling 48000 and press OK
- Select MP4 in the dropdown list which appears after hitting Format.
- Now, it's all done and you can save video by clicking save or by pressing shortcut key on the keyboard Ctrl-S and make sure to add extension name of .MP4.
Click File and Open, then choose the video clip you want to trim, and then make sure you're in "Copy" mode. This will be beneficial for you to use the pre-existing video rather than re-encoding it into new file and it will surely save lot of time.
Then, move around until you find the desired frame where you want to trim the file. After getting proper frame, press the "A" button present on the bottom of the toolbar to apply marker A to the current frame.
Use the timeline to progress through to the end of the clip you are creating. Note that this frame does not have to be type "I". Click the B button when you have done this.
Add your file, and then click on File/Append. You will find out the total video length will increase. Finally click on File/Save/Save Video ... or simply Ctrl + S to start combining added video files to a new one.
Click File and Open, then select the video file you want to rotate. Then choose the format of the video you want to generate. After that, choose filters, in the filters list, select "transform". After that, hit the "Rotate" button, select the desired way to rotate your video and then hit "OK" and "Close". It will close the Video Filter Manager Window. Then you can save the file on your place of destination and don't forget to give it a name.
Still in the left panel, click on the "Filter" button. You can now choose the effects that you want, from resizing, cropping, labeling, color adding, noise removing, to sharpness adding.
Locate to Format panel and select the target format in the drop-down list. The supported output formats include MP4, MPEG, AVI XVID, AVI-DV, MPG, MKV, FLV, etc. Finally click on File/Save/Save Video ... or simply Ctrl + S to start encoding.
To remove audio from video, load your video from hard disk, and then go to Audio/Main Track...., select None in the Audio source list.
Extract Video: In the left Audio panel, select the output audio format, and then go to Audio/Save... to extract audio from your loaded video.
Video file consists of two parts namely: container, which determines the file type, and codec. In order to play on a specific device say, mobile, both container and codec need to be supported by the video player otherwise it will not work properly.
1. Audio Formats like MP3
Always use .MP3 audio for saving videos in Avidemux because .mp3 audio is suppoted by major of devices in the globe and sound quality is pretty well in this format.
More supported audio formats, please check the screenshot:
2. Video Formats like MP4
For saving MP4 video output we should perform following steps in order to achieve better results of clips:
I always have best results by performing the given steps, but all you need is a powerful computer with good processor and RAM to perform better encoding.
More supported video formats, please check the screenshot:
If you are looking for a video editor which is ease-to-use and has powerful editing features, you should try Wondershare Filmora. Just watch the video below about its features.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Avidemux tutorials
- 1. About Avidemux
- 1.1 Avidemux
- 1.2 Top 15 Avidemux Alternatives for Windows and Mac
- 1.3 Top 9 alternatives to Avidemux for Linux
- 2. Basic editing tips for Avidemux
- 2.1 How To Join/Merge Video Clips With Avidemux
- 2.2 How to rotate clips in Avidemux
- 3. Advenced editing tips for Avidemux
- 3.1 How to Add Video Effects Filters/Transitions to Videos in Avidemux
- See More