Best Chrome Extensions for Vimeo Video Downloader
Nov 19, 2022• Proven solutions
Being one of the simplest web browsers, Google Chrome is used by a majority of people to surf the web worldwide. While navigating through the sites and pages, if you ever stumble upon a Vimeo video that you believe would be helpful, it automatically becomes important to get that clip on your local computer for offline viewing and sharing. This is where a downloading program comes into play.
To obtain footage from Vimeo, you can use an efficient Vimeo downloader Chrome tool, which is an extension that can be installed on the web browser.
That being said, listed below are some of the best Vimeo video downloader Chrome extensions for your reference.
1. Simple Vimeo Downloader
When installed, Simple Vimeo Downloader adds a download button to your Google Chrome web browser. All you are required to do after that is, go to the video you like, use the added button to inject the resolution options to the clip, and then download the footage to your local computer. However, it is noteworthy that due to copyright restrictions, not all videos are downloadable. You can follow the steps given below to install this Vimeo Chrome extension, and then download a Vimeo video using it:
- Click this link to go to the Simple Vimeo Downloader page, and click Add to Chrome;
- Click Add extension on the box that pops up ton install the extension;
- Go to the Vimeo video you are interested in, and click the Simple Vimeo Downloader icon at the top-right corner of the browser;
- Click your preferred resolution from the right section within the video player to begin downloading the Vimeo video in the selected quality;
If a Vimeo video is embedded on a different website, you can:
- Go to the target webpage and click the Simple Vimeo Downloader icon as before;
- Download the embedded Vimeo video by clicking a suitable resolution link
2. Video Downloader for Vimeo
This one is simple to use. You need to click the extension’s icon on the video page after installing the extension, click the ‘Download’ button, pick your preferred resolution that you want to have the video in, and leave the rest to the tool.
However, as it is already mentioned, not all videos can be downloaded due to copyright restrictions. You can install this Vimeo downloader Chrome extension and use it to obtain videos from Vimeo by following the instructions given below:
- Follow this link to install the Video Downloader for Vimeo extension on your Chrome browser;
- Visit the video page that you want to download from Vimeo; click the Video Downloader for Vimeo icon from the top-right area of the web browser;
- Click the Download button on the box that appears next;
- Click your preferred resolution from the list to start downloading the Vimeo video
In case the video you want to download is embedded on a website other than Vimeo
- Use Google Chrome to go to the webpage, and click the Video Downloader for Vimeo icon from the top-right corner;
- Wait while the extension fetches all the videos, and shows them in the popup box;
- Click Download next to the clip that you want to download;
- Choose your preferred resolution when the list appears to begin downloading the video.
Note: If the popup box doesn’t show any video to download, try scrolling the page down to the bottom or playing the video on the webpage, and then continue.
3. Video Downloader professional
Video Downloader professional is not limited to Vimeo downloader Chrome has. In fact, the extension can grab videos from many other popular streaming video websites as long as the clips are not copyright protected and are available for download. In addition to MP4, the tool also supports MOV, FLV, WEBM, MPG, AVI, etc. file formats. The instructions given below explain how you can use Video Downloader professional to download videos from Vimeo:
- Install the extension on Google Chrome on this page;
- Go to the video page on Vimeo that you want to download, and click the Video Downloader professional icon from the top-right corner;
- Click the Download button representing the resolution of the video you want to have on your PC;
- Wait while the extension downloads and saves the video on your computer.
4. Video Downloader Plus
Video Downloader Plus enables you to download the videos from Vimeo in the resolution of your preference. However, to download the clips in 4K resolution, you must purchase their Premium subscription. Also, the description box of the extension’s official webpage explicitly specifies that it doesn’t support YouTube, and therefore the users are suggested NOT to install the extension if they want to obtain a video from that portal. The method given below explains how to use Video Downloader Plus to download videos from Vimeo:
- Follow the process explained earlier to install the Video Downloader Plus extension on your instance of Google Chrome;
- Go to the Vimeo video that you want to download, and click the Video Downloader Plus icon from the top-right corner of the Chrome web browser
- From the list that appears next, click the Download button representing the resolution you want to download the video in, and wait while the extension saves the clip on your computer
5. Video Downloader for Web
Video Downloader for Web is yet another Chrome extension that supports several streaming video portals. In addition, the tool can even download videos from various social media platforms. You can also save the clips on your PC in the format for your preference such as MP4, FLV, M4A, MOV, M4V, WMV, etc. The instructions given below explain how you can use this Vimeo downloader Chrome extension to download the videos to your computer:
- Install the extension using the method explained earlier and go to the Vimeo video that you want to download;
- Click the extension’s icon from the top-right corner;
- When the resolution box pops up, click the Download button representing the size of the video file to save the clip in its corresponding quality on your PC
If a Vimeo video is embedded on a website other than the portal, the steps are given below can be used to download the footage from there:
- Go to the web page the video is embedded to, and scroll down to the bottom to allow Video Downloader for Web to detect all the videos embedded on the page;
- Click the Video Downloader for Web icon from the top-right corner;
- Click the Download button representing your preferred resolution to begin downloading the video.
Note: If you want to re-edit the downloaded Vimeo video, you can try Wondershare Filmora, which allows you to edit video with ease and fun. Filmora provides the Auto-reframe features, which allows you to convert Vimeo video to Instagram video easily. You can also trim the Vimeo video, add some texts, transitions, elements, and stickers with Filmora.
It is easy to locate and install a Vimeo downloader Chrome can use to download the videos from Vimeo. However, before picking the best extension, it is imperative to check whether it can download the clips from other websites, and that if it is smart enough to detect and download the footage from the pages where the Vimeo videos are embedded (many extensions are unable to do that). You must also understand the fact that not all videos can be downloaded due to copyright restrictions. Nevertheless, most of these extensions are free to use, and therefore, you can give each of them a try before deciding.