- iMovie Complete Tutorial
- 1. iMovie Basic Editing Tips +
- • Watermark Videos in iMovie
- • Add Mosaic/Censor Effect in iMovie
- • Add Text with iMovie
- • Add transitions to video in iMovie
- • Crop and Rotate Photos/Videos in iMovie
- • Join Clips in iMovie (updated 2019)
- • Add Subtitles in iMovie 11/10/9/8
- • Use iMovie to Edit Videos and Make a Movie
- 2. iMovie Advanced Editing Tips +
- • Stabilize Shaky videos in iMovie [Mac & iOS]?
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video in iMovie
- • Resize Video in iMovie
- • Color Correction in iMovie
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video Clips in iMovie
- • Record and Add a Voiceover in iMovie
- • Use PIP Effect in iMovie
- • Add Background Music to iMovie Project and Videos
- • Fade Music and Audio in iMovie
- 3. iMovie Creative Editing Tips +
- • Make a Movie Trailer with iMovie
- • Create the Glitch Effect in iMovie?
- • Top 5 iMovie Plugins
- • Cool Effects for iMovie
- • Top iMovie Tips
- • Blur Faces in iMovie
- • Zoom in on iMovie
- • Make Stop Motion Videos in iMovie
- • Make Split Screen (Side by Side) Videos in iMovie
- • Reverse Video in iMovie
- • Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie
- • iMovie Themes
- • Add Video Effects in iMovie
- • Use Green Screen in iMovie
- 4. iMovie Alternatives +
- • Free Online iMovie Alternatives
- • iMovie for Windows 10
- • iMovie Alternatives for Win & Mac
- • 7 iMovie Alternatives for Android
- • iMovie for iPad
- • iMovie for iPhone
- • iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- • Best iMovie for Windows
- • iMoive Equivalent
- 5. iMovie Troubleshooting +
How to Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie (Step-by-Step)
A YouTube video intro is a short clip shown at the beginning of your YouTube video, which introduces the main topic and the vlog poster.
YouTube intro videos have the necessary info about the name and logo of the channel. Your YouTube video intro is one of the best chances to make a great first impression on your viewers within a few short minutes of your video.
It is important to have the right intro maker to create impressive video intros. So, in this article, we will introduce how to make a cool and free YouTube Intro with Apple iMovie and with an iMovie Alternative in an easier way.
- Part 1: An Easier Way to Make YouTube Video Intro with iMovie Alternative
- Part 2: How to Make YouTube Video Intro in iMovie (step-by-step)
Part 1: How to Make a Video Intro Using an iMovie Alternative - Wondershare Filmora
While iMovie is a dynamic tool to make a high-impact intro, you can actually find it a little complicated to follow through with all the options and buttons on the interface to complete the process.
Filmora on the other hand simplifies the process and giving even beginners and amateurs a chance to make great intro videos. It is available for both Mac users and Windows users.
Let's watch the tutorial about how to make your YouTube intro first.
If the tutorial above is not enough for you, you can refer to the steps (for Mac) below to make your YouTube intro now.
How to Make a YouTube Intro Video Step-by-step?
Step 1. Simply drag and drop your intro clip to the media library.
Step 2. Add your video to the timeline and go to the Effects tab to apply a great effect (such as the Filter 007 series) to your intro clip.
Step 3. Then switch to the Titles tab, and you will see a great variety of text templates. You can choose and drag the text template you want and apply it to your intro clip.
Step 4. Double-click the text box in the timeline, select Advanced, and input the text you want. Then you can switch to the Animation tab to get more than 50 kinds of text animations, and finally, you can apply the animation you like to your text and make your video more vivid.
If you have any questions about the steps above, you can read more detailed information on Filmora Editing Tips. And you can also watch the video below and download the Filmora trial version to start your editing.
Part 2: How to Make Video Intro in iMovie?
An important aspect of intro making is that it usually contains tile cards and opening credit info within the shot. The key is to find a YouTube intro maker that works best with the text and video edit both.
iMovie is a great program for editing simple yet high-impact on professional video intros. You can use the simple process outlined below to create your YouTube intro with iMovie.
Step 1. Open the interface and click on the menu displaying "File and Open project" to choose the video you want to attach the intro to.
Step 2. Click on the Titles tab on the right side of the interface and check for the black review box to appear.
Step 3. The customization bar for the effects you can place on your video will appear just under the black preview box. Experiment with the effects to get the perfect combination for your video.
Step 4. Type in the correct words in the text box below the effects bar. Different effects allow different space for phrases, so experiment with both effects and text until you get it right.
Step 5. You can also edit the font color, speed of transitions, and background.
Step 6. Finally, drag the intro onto the clip viewer and the iMovie interface will automatically turn it into a video clip to be inserted at certain places on the main video timeline.
You may also like: How to Add Video Effects in iMovie
You can click on help to get directions if you are stuck at any part of the process. Do not over-apply multiple effects and keep the colors bright but subtle. Check the tutorial below about how to make a good YouTube intro with iMovie.
If you want to learn more iMovie editing tips, please check Top 10 iMovie Tips You Should Know.
iMovie is capable enough to import photos and videos from hard drives and one can easily edit them with various tools like adding titles, effects, music, themes, and basic color correction.
by Shanoon Cox Feb 22, 2023 14:41 PM
Watermarking is one of the best solutions to protect your creations from being copied online. In this article, we will show you how to watermark your video in iMovie, including on Mac and iOS devices.
by Shanoon Cox Feb 22, 2023 14:41 PM
How to put videos side by side to make a split screen video in iMovie? Here, we will show you how to create split-screen effect videos with iMovie on Mac and iPhone.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM