- Instagram Ultimate Guide
- About Photos
- 1.1 Ins Photo Editors
- 1.2 How to Edit Photos
- 1.3 How to Watermark
- 1.4 Photo Ideas
- 1.5 Photo Size Guide
- About Videos+
- 2.1 Ins Video Editors
- 2.2 Video Collage Apps
- 2.3 Crop video to square
- 2.4 Make Slideshow on Ins
- 2.5 Add Music to Video
- 2.6 Upload vodeos to Ins
- 2.7 Ins Photo/Video Downloader
- 2.8 How to Save Photos/Videos
- 2.9 How to Download Photo/Videos
- 2.10 YouTube Video to Instagram
- 2.11 Add Multiple Videos/Photos
- 2.12 How to Zoom In/Out
- Manage Your Instagram Account+
- 3.1 Instagram Tips
- 3.2 Create Business Account
- 3.3 How to Repost
- 3.4 Good Time to Post
- 3.5 How to Use Stories
- 3.6 Go Live on Ins
- 3.7 Hashtags on Ins
- 3.8 Hide Hashtages
- 3.9 Post Link on Ins
- Instagram Monetization+
How to Download/Save Instagram Photos/Videos on iPhone
The giant social network that is Instagram has never been more popular and is a hub of more than 40 billion photos and videos, with 95 million more being shared every day. Sometimes you might see an image or video you'd like to save for later, or to use as a wallpaper on your device.
If you're an Apple user, you'll already know it's not quite as simple as you might think to save Instagram photos to iPhone and iPad devices. Whether it's a copyright issue or simply that they want you on the app, Instagram doesn't let Apple devices download content from within the app itself, which can be frustrating if you see something you'd like to view again later.
If you've been wondering how to save Instagram photos on iPhone, we've got just the tutorial for you. Here, we'll investigate a few different methods of getting those gorgeous images from the app and saving them to your camera roll, without tearing your hair out in the process.
How to Save Instagram photos/videos on iPhone
If you need to save Instagram photos iPhone users will need a workaround. There are a few different solutions to the problem of how to save Instagram photos to camera roll, and here we'll delve into three of the most popular solutions around.
Method 1: Download Instagram Photos via a URL
One of the ways to save Instagram photos on iPhone is by using the URL of the image you want. It's a tried and tested solution, although not that elegant, but it works and it's not that hard to do. Here's how to save Instagram photos on iPhone using the URL bar:
- Open Instagram and navigate to the photo you wish to download
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen
- Select 'copy share URL'
- Open Safari and 'paste and go' the URL you've just copied
- Open notes and start a new note
- Long press the note to paste the picture here
- Select the 'share' button
- Tap save image
- Your image is now in your camera roll
We said it wasn't going to be easy, but it certainly works. It might seem like a cumbersome method, but to save Instagram photos iPhone users need to be a little tenacious about the process. Try it yourself, and once you've been through the process a few times it will be second nature. Of course, if you like something a little more intuitive, try our app-based solution below.
Method 2: App solution
There are many apps for that. These apps have been created to end the hassles of how to save Instagram photos to camera roll on your phone. Here's how to do it:
- Find a Reposting App for Instagram on the App store and download it to your device
- Log into the app using your Instagram username and password
- Navigate to the image you'd like to save to your iPhone
- You'll notice a new icon in the bottom corner which looks like a square with an arrow; this is the 'share' button. Go ahead and tap it now.
- Tap on 'repost' to start the download process
- Tap on 'repost' again to confirm
- Now you have your photo or video from Instagram right there in your camera roll
You May Also Like: How to Repost Photos/Video on Instagram >>
With this app to save Instagram photos iPhone users can also opt to store it to your iCloud Drive, Dropbox or to instantly share it on any of your social apps. It works with video too, but you'll need to select the video in your camera roll and paste in the caption if you wish to include this also.
Method 3: Jailbreak tweaks
If you've got your hands on a jailbroken device and are wondering how to save Instagram photos on iPhones that are free from the Apple restrictions, there are some tweaks you can download to enable you to do this. On Cyadia, for example, you can select from a number of apps such as Instagram++, InstaEnhancer and InstaTools, all of which will let you download Instagram photos on iPhone with ease.
Now you know how to save Instagram photos on iPhone devices, you have the ability to share and distribute content which may not be yours to use. Beware of infringing the copyright of others, as this is an area companies like Instagram are truly hot on, and punishments can be severe. If you do plan to share someone else's content, make sure you attribute them in some way, or seek their permission to do so.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>