Video Creation in Classroom: Video Editing Tips
You assist your students in shooting and now the shooting has been finished. So now it is the time to edit the video and combine them together to make a complete video. While creating videos students engaged in learning and able to express their innermost understanding of content of core classroom. It forces the students to think at a higher level and develop skill in them to do something creative. Video editing is not a very tough task, although it requires creative mind to bring out the best of all. Video editing and video creation has undergone vast changes with the advent of technology. Once, the shooting is finished now it is time to edit the video to make it look good as well as entertaining. Good editing have all elements in it of which you and students can be feel proud of.
There are various video editing tips for classroom video production which can be used for editing very easily. Some of the video editing tips and steps for classroom editing are as follows:
Step 1:Choose a right video editor
At first to start video editing you should download video editing software on your computer. The video editing software is basic to start editing. Wondershare Filmora is amongst the best of all video editing software. It consists of various new features which are easy to use. The modern and instinctive design of this software will allow you to use it yet again. Here you will get simple feature of frame to frame preview that will turn your video into special video with minimum effort.
Step 2: Import your video clips
After downloading and installing Wondershare Filmora, you have to open it. Now the media files should be imported to the program. The media files include music, images and video clips as per your choice by drag and drop method. This software allows importing video shots by mobile, camcorder and others. It also has an option to record a video directly. Media library is available in this software for organizing media clips for quick access while making projects.
Step 3: Cut, trim and combine video clips
After importing media files, next step is to cut, trim and then combining video clips. Here you can cut out the unwanted video clips into various clips and then combines the best clips as per your script. This process mainly involves some steps that are follows:
- Selecting video clips in the Media Library
- Adding clips to a Video or PIP Sequence in the timeline
- Selecting sample colors
- Trimming video clips
- Splitting video clips with Auto Scene Detection.
- Copying and Pasting video clips
- Zoom in, Zoom out and resizing video
Step 4: Add transitions
Now the next step is adding transitions to video clips. By adding more special effects and transitions you can make your video more creative. The way to add transitions is that first select the transition effect which you like to add from the media library. Then, by drag and drop method apply the transition effect. If you like some transition effect then there is option available to add it to favourite by right click on the transition.
Step 5:Adjust lighting
Lighting is considered as an essential step in editing where you can adjust brightness, contrast, saturation as well as overlay to the video. There is always a need to adjust light when the recorded videos are seen too dark or lighting is not proper.
Step 6: Text editing
Wondershare Filmora gives an option to edit texts very efficiently. You can choose various fonts and animated texts to add in the video clip from media library. Adding caption option is also available which you can use in intro of the video. Adding text is also useful in video because it can explain the content of video in good manner. Here you also get options to add and remove text and colour options are also available as per your choice.
Step 7: Audio editing
The next step in editing in Wondershare Filmora software is Audio editing. For giving a new dimension to your video you can add background music easily. If you want to remove the background noise then you can click in Filmora or use the mute button. You can select any type of music from media library to add in video. Some other options available in Audio editing are as follows:
- Speed and pitch adjustments
- Trim audio file
- Audio Equalizer (EQ)
- Split Audio
- Detach Audio from Video
- Audio Mixer
- Replace the original audio of the video
Step 8: Share and export
- Directly video Upload:This option is used for uploading your videos to various popular video sharing sites such as Vimeo ,Youtube and Facebook. By choosing this option you can easily share your videos in no time.
- Export by Devices:You can export your videos on mobile devices such as i phone, i pad, Samsung, sony experia and many others.
- Burn a DVD: You can easily burn a video into a DVD by entering into the setting option.
- Export by Formats:You can easily burn a video into a DVD by entering into the setting option.
Wondershare Filmora is very easy to use and students can understand it quickly. You should teach your students about each and every step of editing very carefully in classroom. Video editing is very significant element of post production process. It gives the most excellent possible result of a video and also turns a simple shooted video into a valuable video. Therefore, you should teach students about the importance of video editing and to follow video editing tips seriously. Hence, mentioned above Video editing tips for classroom video production are very easy to follow and are efficient to complete the work of video production process.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Video Creation Tips for Education
- 1. Video editing tools for educators
- See more
- 2. Video tips for educators
- See more
- 3. Video resources for educators
- 3.1 Top 10 Educational YouTube Channels
- 3.2 The most complete video sites guide for educators
- 3.3 10 Best Educational Films to Share with Students
- 4. Video creation in the classroom
- 4.1 Why should integrate video projects into classroom
- 4.2 10 ways to integrate video in your classroom
- 4.3 Where to use video project in the classroom
- 4.4 Video production tools you need
- 4.5 How to make videos for the video project
- 4.6 How to help your students create a good video
- 4.7 Video Editing Tips
- 4.8 20 video project ideas to engage students