How to Perfectly Use Canva Color Match?
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Color combination is the essential thing that you need to keep in mind designing. It helps create eye-catchy designs and can create a positive impact on the target audience.
This is the greatest secret of creating attractive and wonderful designs. Reading further will help you to understand the Canva color match in detail. So, without any further dues, let’s get started!
Part 1 What is the Canva Color Picker?
Canva is one of the simplest and easiest ways of creating great and eye-catchy graphic designs. Color combinations help us to make these designs more attractive. But earlier, there were some limitations in Canva regarding the color picker tool; designers had to use browser extensions like ColorZilla to match the color combinations perfectly. They faced many problems while selecting the perfect color of their choice while designing their pins, social media content, logos, online invitations, etc. They had to find the perfect color code of their choice from an external source and paste it into the Canva, which was simply very time-consuming.
The most-awaited color picker tool was introduced in Canva at the end of November 202This new design tool makes the design very convenient while using Canva for graphic designing. With this tool, you don’t need to spend hours searching for the right color that matches the background. Color picker helps you to find a perfect color match according to the image, logo, or anything else uploaded on Canva.
But before using this new color match tool, you must ensure that:
● You are using the updated version of the Canva desktop app.
● You have the latest version of the browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, Internet Explorer, etc.
Part 2 Why Use the Color Match Tool?
This color match tool is the most-demanded feature that has been updated on Canva. It helps choose the perfect color match very efficiently without wasting time and effort. It works like an eyedropper tool available in graphic designing software like Photoshop. It is elementary and valuable to use, and it saves a lot of time in creating attractive and wonderful designs.
It helps determine the different colors available in a particular image uploaded on the Canva app. You can easily choose the appropriate color by placing the tool in the place that has your desired color. It is a compassionate tool, so you should be very careful while choosing the color of your choice. You can press the ‘Esc’ button to exit the command without choosing any color.
This color match tool magically helps select the desired color in seconds without using any external color picker browser extension. This tool is readily available on the color pallet in the updated version of the Canva desktop app.
Part 3 How to Use Color Match in Canva to Match Your Brand
The color match tool is now inbuilt in the Canva desktop app, which is very easy and convenient. You need to download the Canva desktop app to use this feature from the official website of Canva.
The designers need to follow the simple steps given below to use the color match tool (eyedropper tool) in the updated version of the Canva desktop app:
● First of all, open the Canva desktop app.
● After this, open any design or image of your choice that you want to edit. This color match tool can work on any type of image, regardless of the shape and size.
● Now, select the particular part of the image whose color you want to change.
● After this, click on the color block available at the top corner to open the color customization options.
● A color pallet will open.
● On the top of the color pallet, you will see a ‘+’ (add new color) button, this button has a colorful square outline.
● After this, a color chart will appear under that button. You will see the color code written over there and an eyedropper tool will be available next to that color code (hex code).
● Click on this eyedropper tool and select the color of your choice either from the image or any other color available in Canva.
● After selecting the color tap on the particular part of the image whose color you want to change.
This is how you can change the color using the new color picker tool available in Canva and enjoy editing your images using the new Canva desktop app.
Part 4 Alternative to Canva Color Match
As we all know, Canva is the most accessible online graphic designing platform used for image editing and video editing. But there are certain limitations of using it, so here we have listed some of the other graphic designing tools for both image and video editing that can be used as an alternative to the Canva app:
● Visme: It is a drag and drops editing and graphic designing tool. Using; this tool is effortless to use, and you can easily create attractive presentations, infographics, social media graphics, logos, etc. This tool can be used by anyone like students (to create their school activities), educators (to create easy to learn infographics), business people (to create attractive presentations), graphic designers (to create different content), etc.
It contains a lot of features like:
● Data Visualization Tools
● Variety of Professionally Designed Easy to Use Templates
● Infographic Maker
● A Large Number of Editing Tools
● Animation Feature with Hover Effects
● Analytics Feature
● Adobe Spark: It is an online tool launched by Adobe. Although it can't compete with professional software like Photoshop and Illustrator, it can be treated as the best alternative for Canva. It is used to create social media posts, logos, and graphic designs easily and efficiently. The only limitation it has is that non-designers and newcomers can’t use it without any knowledge of graphic design.
● PicMonkey: PicMonkey is another great alternative to Canva, just like Visme. It has many features that help both professional and non-professional designers create attractive and wonderful designs very easily and efficiently. It has many exciting features like photo re-toucher, pattern & effects tools, etc., just like Photoshop, but it is relatively easier to use and can be used by anyone who wants to create beautiful and creative graphic designs.
● Wondershare Filmora Video Editor: Filmora is a video editing software and can be used as an alternative to Canva if you create and edit the videos to medium & advanced levels. It is used to create and edit short videos for social media and ad campaigns very quickly, with many features available in professional software like Adobe Premiere Pro. It is easy-to-use with an intuitive user interface that is very helpful for non-professional and less experienced video editors.
For Win 7 or later (64-bit)
For macOS 10.12 or later
● Key Takeaways from This Episode →
● It can be concluded that Canva is a fantastic graphic designing tool for all the non-professionals and newcomers in the field of design. It helps people create attractive and creative designs with less effort and less time consumption.
● No doubt, everything has its pros and cons. Similarly, Canva also has certain limitations compared to the other professional graphic designing tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
● But still, it is continuously updating and removing those limitations. For example- the new color match tool is introduced to this platform for easy and convenient graphic designing.
● This color match tool (eyedropper tool) was demanded by the designers who use Canva for their graphics and creating attractive social media posts, infographics, video editing, etc.