Meta: Looking for a way to record any streaming audio and save it on your hard drive? Here are the top 11 best streaming audio recorders.
We often come across certain songs that we want to download and listen to them in repeat without consuming the internet data pack. Similarly, we happen to listen to any podcasts where valuable information is shared, and we may want to save them for any future reference. Unfortunately, there is no download option available on the audio streaming platforms to retain the awesome music or podcast on your hard drive. That is where a streaming audio recorder comes into the scene.
A streaming audio recorder records whatever you are streaming on your computer. Therefore, you can stream your favorite song or motivational podcast, and the recorder will record streaming audio and let you save the file on your computer. There are different streaming audio recorders available such as paid recorders, free recorders, standalone software as well as online recorders. We have compiled the list of the top 10 best streaming recorders for your consideration.
Audacity is a streaming audio recorder free with advanced features and settings. Not only can you record streaming audio, you can edit the recording easily. The desktop software is compatible with Windows, Mac as well as Linux. However, the user interface is slightly complicated and you can get used to it once you start using it.
- Record any streaming audio for any duration for free.
- Editing features include fade in, fade out, and trimming.
- Allows combining sound tracks into a single file.
- Allows adding sound effects to the recording.
- Compatible on all desktop operating systems.
- Configure the quality of the audio recording.
- Too many options and settings can cause complications.
- Not too many audio file formats supported.
Wondershare streaming audio recorder named Filmora is a professional software to record any streaming audio along with video. You can video music videos, movies, YouTube videos, social media videos along with audio. You can record audio from mic along with streaming audio. You can edit the audio and video recordings like a pro. Here are the key features of Filmora.
Key Features -
- Record any streaming audio in simple steps.
- Record system audio as well as mic audio.
- Edit recorded streaming audio as per requirement.
- Record streaming video and audio together.
- Export the recording in different file formats.
- User interface is clean and intuitive.
For Win 7 or later (64-bit)
For macOS 10.12 or later
3. SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder
SoundTap Streaming Audio Recorder can capture streaming audio without loss in audio quality. The software is available for Windows and Mac users. It uses a special driver for quality retention and you can save the recording in MP3 as well as WAV file format. Starting from radio stations to audio streaming platforms as well as online calls, everything can be recorded easily.
- Record high-quality audio thanks to its special driver.
- Works with popular media players as well as video calling apps.
- Allows recording amplifier and PC sound together for effective recording.
- Compatibility for external software for additional features.
- Different configuration options for perfect recording.
- Can record from external sound devices.
- Lacks basic audio editing features.
- The user interface is old-fashioned.
4. Aktiv MP3 Recorder
Aktiv MP3 Recorder is a free streaming audio recorder with a simple user interface. There are very limited options available so that users can record any audio playing on the computer without any issue. The application supports saving the recorded streaming audio in different file formats. The application also does not take up too much system resource, and therefore, it is suitable for older Windows versions as well.
- Allows recording audio from any source.
- Record mono and stereo audio.
- Specify a particular recording time.
- Allows saving the recording in various file formats
- Record from line, mic as well as both.
- Very limited settings and options.
- Unappealing colors and design.
5. Movavi screen recorder
Movavi screen recorder can record audio with video and therefore, you can capture any streaming video and audio simultaneously. It is particularly useful in recording online video calls, music videos, tutorials, online live events and likewise. The software is only available for Windows users and the free version has limited features.
- Record audio only from system or microphone.
- Capture high-quality audio and video together.
- Schedule option for automatic recording.
- Capture screen and webcam video with audio.
- Highlight keystrokes and mouse clicks and draw in real-time.
- Basic editing options available.
- No option to save the recording in MP3.
- Not all the features are available for free.
6. Free Sound Recorder
Here is a completely free streaming audio recorder Windows 10 and Mac. This one can record any sound on your computer rather than just online streaming audio. Therefore, you can record audio calls, broadcasters, conferences as well as audio from YouTube and other such streaming platforms.
- Record audio from any source on your computer
- Allows unlimited audio recording with no time limit.
- Allows recording from external microphone and sound device.
- Can schedule hands-free recording.
- Basic editor for making the recorded file better.
- Preset filters for enhancing recordings.
- Ability to save only in limited formats.
- Does not come with an audio converter.
Screencapture is the easiest streaming audio recorder online. The online tool captures video with audio and you can also capture microphone sound if you want to. In fact, it also lets you capture webcam with audio. The tool is supported by Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Opera.
- Record audio with video in HD.
- Easily accessible toolbar for easy operation.
- Record from any browser tab and application screen.
- No need to install external software.
- Does not affect system performance.
- Compatibility across all popular browsers.
- The free version has a watermark.
- Limited file format for saving the recording.
8. Cinch Audio Recorder
Cinch Audio Recorder is a dedicated desktop software for recording streaming audio. But the best part is that it can capture music title, artist, album and various such data from the streaming platform. Besides, it captures the streaming audio silently and removes all advertisements in the recording. You can record streaming audio Mac as well as on Windows.
- Automatic ID3 tracker for complete song information.
- During recording, it will automatically skip the ads.
- Allows recording high definition audio of 320Kbps.
- Option to mute the sound during recording.
- Automatically split large recorded audio files.
- Make ringtones from the recorded audio.
- Can save recording in MP3 file only.
- No editing option available.
9. Chrome Audio Capture
Chrome Audio Capture is a Chrome browser extension that lets you record the streaming audio on the active browser tab. The extension also allows you to record multiple tabs at the same time. You can save the recording in MP3 and WAV file format. You can start capturing any audio on the browser with hotkeys.
- Record streaming audio from multiple tabs.
- Encoding is of top-notch quality.
- Supports hotkeys to start and stop recording.
- Eliminates the need for installing software.
- Mute tabs from which audio is recorded.
- Save recording in popular MP3 and WAV formats.
- Recording is limited to Chrome browser.
- Time limitation on audio recording.
10. Acethinker Audio Recorder Online
If you are looking for a platform to record streaming audio online, Acethinker Audio Recorder Online is a great option. It can record the streaming audio in the original quality and it is a completely free online tool. You can organize the recorded audio clips in its online library for easy access whenever required. Here are the pros and cons of Acethinker Audio Recorder Online you should be aware of.
- Complete free to record streaming audio.
- Can record audio for any online platform.
- No quality distortion in recording.
- Record audio calls with full clarity.
- Organize recordings in its library.
- Very simple interface for everyone to use.
- It does not work without internet.
- You can experience some lags in recording.
11. VLC Media Player
Even though VLC Media Player is a media file playing software, it comes with the option to record streaming audio free. The software is compatible with all desktop operating systems. You can even capture video with the streaming audio if you want. After capturing the audio, you can play on VLC player and listen to it again and again.
- Capture streaming audio with video.
- Save the recorded clip in various file formats.
- Adjustable settings and configurations.
- Open-source application that works on all platforms.
- Eliminates the need for codec installation.
- No editing option available.
- Can deteriorate system performance.
Recording streaming audio is no more going to be an issue for you. We have listed the top 11 best streaming audio recorders in different categories to suit everyone’s needs. Some are suitable for Windows users or Mac users, and some are suitable for both. There are some free as well as premium streaming audio recorders on the list, and you can even opt for online audio with video recorders as per your preference.