- • Audio Editing
- 1. Basic audio editing tips
- 1.1 How to add audio to video
- 1.2 How to add audio fade out effect
- 1.3 How to replace audio track in video
- 1.4 How to edit audio track
- 1.5 How to mute audio from video
- 1.6 How to remove audio from video
- 1.7 How to change voice
- 1.8 How to add voiceover to video
- 1.9 How to remove background noise
- 2. Advanced audio editing tips
- See more
How To Remove Background Noise from Video
The most common request that you can receive from video producers is to remove the annoying rumble or hum from a finished piece of video, no matter if it is a corporate piece, a short film, a short commercial, or more. In most cases, videographers are generally opting to plug in several mics and then wing it during the shoot, which is difficult to record high quality audio. As a result, the dialog is commonly hard to hear, or competing with the background hums from the environment, for instance, a dreaded air conditioner. The same noise commonly has to be eradicated when mixing and recording sound effects or several other design elements for the video.
Fortunately, there are some methods that can be used to get rid of these noise. In this article, we will show you how to remove background noise with Filmora and Audacity.
Part 1: Remove background noise with Filmora
Section 1. Remove the noise from video
Firstly, you should export the audio from the video which you want to remove the background noise, and deal the audio separately with the video editing software Wondershare Filmora. It is a use-to-use video editor that can help you detach the audio from video easily and export your audio as MP3. Just follow the steps below:
1. Import your video in Wondershare Filmora.
2. Crop the video and delete the parts that you don’t want to keep.
3. Detach the audio from video by one click with the feature “Audio Detach”.
4. Select the checkbox "Remove background noise" in Edit Panel to remove the background noise directly.
5. Fine tune the audio with the Equalizer feature to make the audio sounds more natural.
6. Adjust the audio to fit perfectly the video frame by frame.
Section 2. Cover background noise with music
In fact, the audio editing software like Audacity, WavePad Sound Editor can only well deal the white noise, which means the constant, predictable, and never changing noise. But when it comes to other noises like people talking in the background, cars, birds chirping, doors slamming, foot traffic, etc. It’s nearly impossible to remove them while keeping your audio in good quality. So, we recommend to mask them instead of trying to fix the issues, and just adding some background music to your video can solve this problem.
In Wondershare Filmora, you can simply drag a song or music in the Music Library into the music track of your timeline, then edit and adjust its volume, speed, pitch. Then you can cover the background noise without drawing attention away from your dialogue.
Then you can export the video without background noise at any format you like, or share it directly on YouTube or FaceBook.
Part 2: Remove Background Noise with Audacity
If you want to remove the background noise from an audio file, we recommend you to use Audacity. Audacity is a free and professional audio editing software available both on Windows and Mac, and you can remove background noise from your audio file by following steps:
1. Import the audio file into Audacity.
2. Click and drag to the portion of the audio with noise.
3. Go to Effect tab and then select "Noise Reduction", start with the defaults, and click on "Get Noise Profile".
4. Go to Effect and Amplify to fix the muffling of your audio.
5. Click "Preview" to check whether the noise has been removed. If yes, click "OK" and then export your MP3 file from Audacity.
Now, you have got an audio file without noise. You can check the video below to see more detailed information.
If you want to learn more audio editing tips, you should not miss Audio Editing Tips, which provide everything you need to know about audio editing.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>