- •How to edit audio
- 1.Basic video editing tips
- See more
- 2.How to adjust volume
- See more
- 3.How to dit audio in video
- 3.1 How to Merge Video and Audio
- 3.2 How to Extract Audio from Video
- 3.3 How to Separate Audio from Video
- 3.4 How to Add Sound Effects to Video
- 3.5 How to Add Background Music to Video
- 3.6 Top 20 Best Music Source for Videos
How to Add Music (Background Music) to Video
Computer users of all ages, interests and skill levels may find it useful to know how to add music/background music to a video on iPhone or on PC. In this article, you’ll learn how to do this with a feature-rich video editing application: Wondershare Filmora .
This professional editing tool makes it hardly a bother to add your favorite background music or audio track to videos (removing the original sound is also possible). Besides, you can trim the length, adjust the playing speed, volume, pitch, add fade in/fade out to make it perfect for your video. Just follow below step by step guide to add audio or music to your video with ease. What’s more, you can also add video to MP3 files.
How to Add Music to Video
1. Import your original videos
Click "Import" option to load the video files from your computer hard disk to the User's album. Alternatively, simply drag and drop these video from your computer to the primary window. All the added video clips will be displayed in the left media pane. Note that you can add still images files if needed.
2. Add background music to video
Drag the imported video files from the album to the Video Timeline one by one. Make sure that they are arranged according to the play order and without overlapping. Then drag and drop the music files in the Music Timeline. Now you can trim it and adjust the position to fit for your video length. When you set the position, you can real-time check in previewing window and fine tune it.
Editing audio tips: Double click the music file to pop up the audio editing panel. Here, you can do more audio edits like speed up/slow down speed, adjust volume, set fade in/fade out, tune the pitch, etc.
Remove music from video: If you want the added music replace the original audio files, you need to highlight the video, right click it and select "Audio Detach". Then your original audio track will automatically showing in the Music Timeline. To remove it, just hit "Delete" in the keyboard. Now you can drag your target audio file to the corresponding position in Music Timeline.
3. Export your video with music file
When you're satisfied with the result, hit "Create" to export your video. In the pop-up window that appears, choose to save any file format you like.
Besides exporting video on your computer, you can also create video for devices like the iPhone, iPad, Zune, directly upload video to YouTube, or burn to DVD for playing on TV. All can be achieved with this all-in-one video editor, no extra software required.
Supported formats by Wondershare Filmora
This professional video editing software supports almost any video and audio formats. So you'll find it very convenient to add music file to video without extra conversion and quality sacrifice.
- Video Formats: MOV, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, AVI, FLV, MKV, M4V, DV, H264, 3GP, VOB, DIF, NUT, H261, NSV, DAT, EVO, RM, RMVB, TS, DVR-MS, TP, TRP, M2TS, ASF
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, WAV, AC3, MKA, M4V, M4A, FLAC, APE, AIF, AIFF, APE, CUE, AU, AMR, OGG, DPE,MPA, MP2, RA, WMA
- Photo Formats: JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, JPE, TIFF, GIF, DIB, JFIF, TIF
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>