- • Complete MP4 video editing guide
- 1. MP4 video editing tools for Windows
- See more
- 2. MP4 video editing tools for Mac
- See more
- 3. MP4 video editing tips
- 3.1 How to Edit MP4 File
- 3.2 How to Cut MP4 Video Files
- 3.3 How to Crop MP4 Video Files
- 3.4 How to Split MP4 Video Files
- 3.5 How to Trim/Cut/Split MP4 File
- 3.6 How to Mix MP4 Video Files
- 3.7 How to Add Audio to MP4 Video
- 3.8 How to Remove Audio from MP4 Video
- 3.9 How to Rotate MP4 Videos
- 3.10 How to Resize MP4 Files
How to Remove Audio from MP4 (MPEG, MPG) Video
While editing a MP4 (MPEG/MPG) clip, we may want to remove audio from MP4 file completely instead of mute the audio and get only video stream as an output. Sometimes we may want to remove audio from the original file and add a new sound tracker. To help finish this task, Wondershare Filmora is a good choice. With it, you can either delete all audio tracks completely from MP4 to get the video with no audio in it at all or remove extra audio track and only keep the one you like. The following article will introduce a simple way in removing audio from video in whatever situation. Besides, you will also learn how to remove audio from video online.
See also: How to convert mp3 to mp4
Part 1: MP4 Audio Remover - Wondershare Filmora
Why Choose Wondershare Filmora
- Completely remove the audio from MP4 video to keep video-only stream;
- Or mute the audio of the MP4 video;
- Easily trim/crop/rotate video files on the timeline;
- Add effect/subtitle/watermark to enrich your video;
- Save and play your video on different devices, burn to DVD or upload online;
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 8 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
1. Import your MP4 file
Free download the audio track remover- Video Editor, install and run it. Then the following interface will pop up. Click the "Import" button to add the mp4 file which you want to remove audio tracks.
2. Detach audio from the file
Drag-n-drop the mp4 file to the timeline, then right click and choose "Audio Detach" to detach the audio tracks from the original mp4 file. Then the separated audio track will appear in the Audio Timeline. You can right click the audio and choose "Delete" to remove audio from mp4.
Note: if you would like to add the new sound tracker, just import the sound recordings you want to the media library and then drag it to the audio timeline.
3. Save your edited file
After that, hit "Create" to select the desired output way. You can set the output video format the same as the original one, or set the output video format to any other video formats as you like. Then click "Create" button to start and finish deleting audio from MP4. What's more, you can save the edited file to iPhone, iPad PSP, etc or directly upload to YouTube for sharing with friends.
Part 2: How to Remove Audio from Video Online
If you don't want to download software, we also have a solution for you, which is you can use AudioRemover to remove audio online. You can remove audio from popular formats, including AVI, MP4, MOV. No registration or downloading. Just click AudioRemover to start removing.
Step 1: Import video
After you open the website, click upload video to import your targeted video. The time of import depends on the file size. It will remove audio automatically.
Step 2: Removing audio now
Once it is finished, a line of "Completed" will let you know it is done. Now, just downloading the muted video.
Tips: The video file size should be less than 500 Mb.
You can choose the two options mentioned above. We admit that online solution is more convenient to use. However, if the video size is more than 500 Mb and you want to have more editing features, like adding new audio, or edit audio with effects, we would like to highly recommend Filmora. Check this video to learn more!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>