- iMovie Complete Tutorial
- 1. iMovie Basic Editing Tips +
- • Watermark Videos in iMovie
- • Add Mosaic/Censor Effect in iMovie
- • Add Text with iMovie
- • Add transitions to video in iMovie
- • Crop and Rotate Photos/Videos in iMovie
- • Join Clips in iMovie (updated 2019)
- • Add Subtitles in iMovie 11/10/9/8
- • Use iMovie to Edit Videos and Make a Movie
- 2. iMovie Advanced Editing Tips +
- • Stabilize Shaky videos in iMovie [Mac & iOS]?
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video in iMovie
- • Resize Video in iMovie
- • Color Correction in iMovie
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video Clips in iMovie
- • Record and Add a Voiceover in iMovie
- • Use PIP Effect in iMovie
- • Add Background Music to iMovie Project and Videos
- • Fade Music and Audio in iMovie
- 3. iMovie Creative Editing Tips +
- • Make a Movie Trailer with iMovie
- • Create the Glitch Effect in iMovie?
- • Top 5 iMovie Plugins
- • Cool Effects for iMovie
- • Top iMovie Tips
- • Blur Faces in iMovie
- • Zoom in on iMovie
- • Make Stop Motion Videos in iMovie
- • Make Split Screen (Side by Side) Videos in iMovie
- • Reverse Video in iMovie
- • Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie
- • iMovie Themes
- • Add Video Effects in iMovie
- • Use Green Screen in iMovie
- 4. iMovie Alternatives +
- • Free Online iMovie Alternatives
- • iMovie for Windows 10
- • iMovie Alternatives for Win & Mac
- • 7 iMovie Alternatives for Android
- • iMovie for iPad
- • iMovie for iPhone
- • iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- • Best iMovie for Windows
- • iMoive Equivalent
- 5. iMovie Troubleshooting +
The Best iMovie Alternative for Windows - Free Download iMovie for Your PC
Apple iMovie is now free to download from iTunes. You can do some basic editing like trimming, cropping, merging, etc., with ease. The bad news is that it's only available on macOS and iOS currently, so when Mac users like you need to edit video on Windows PC, they usually choose an alternative.
What should you do if you want video editing software similar to iMovie that can be used to edit videos on Windows? There are many free video editing software for Windows in the market, but not all can offer the features that iMovie offers to you - easy-to-use while powerful.
Among these video editing tools, I recommend you try Wondershare Filmora, which is the best alternative to iMovie on Windows and Mac. It's very simple to use while gives you more controls like color grading, audio mixing that iMovie lacks.
You May Also Like: The Best iMovie Alternatives for Mac >>
Here are some key features of Wondershare Filmora:
- Support more formats than iMovie, including AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Crop, trim, split, rotate, combine your videos in clicks.
- Touch up your video with stunning transitions, intro/credits, and sound effects.
- Add more advanced video effects like Mosaic, Face Off, Jump Cut and more.
- Save videos in different formats, upload them directly to YouTube and Vimeo, and burn them to DVD.
Why I Pick Wondershare Filmora as the Best iMovie Alternative for Windows?
You may wonder why I picked up Filmora video editor as the best iMovie alternative for Windows? Below are some reasons that I want to share with you:
1. Intuitive Interface and Clear Editing Working Flow
As one of the best iMovie for Windows alternatives, Filmora has a similar interface to iMovie, what you see is what you get after launching Filmora. As you can see from the screenshots above, this iMovie for Windows alternative features not only media library, audio library, title templates and transitions as iMovie, but also effects and elements.
Editing video in this iMovie alternative Filmora, you just need to import your media clip (video, audio, photo), drag and place it in order in the Timeline panel, do some basic cutting, trimming, color grading, or changing video speed to slow down or fast-forward the video and more to improve the video quality. So, with Filmora, you can make a professional-looking video easily even you didn’t use iMovie before.
2. Powerful Video Editing Tools
Besides the classic features like trim, crop, cut, split, rotate, merge, etc., you can also apply more advanced video editing functions like Picture-in-picture, Mosaic, Face Off, Jump Cut and more.
More features like stabilizing the shaky videos or compositing green screen videos can be done easily. You can search on YouTube and found some tutorials about Filmora. Or you can just subscribe to the Filmora Video Editor channel to get the latest news about Filmora tips and tricks.
3. Built-in Audio Library [Free-to-Use] and Powerful Audio Editing Tools
Filmora features a free-to-use audio library that includes both music tracks and sound effects. There are different genres of music and you can choose from Young & Bright, Tender or Sentimental, Rock, or Folk. (Tell you a secret, personally, I like the music Living Pulse –Goes under Rock category). While beside the built-in audio assets, you can find more sound effects and music from the Filmstock effects store (of course, you can download the video effects, footage, or image and use it on Filmora or even After Effects).
About the audio editing feature, let’s make a long story short, what you can do in iMovie, you can achieve it on Filmora easily too: adjust audio volume, add fade-in and fade-out effects, reduce background music, change audio speed or play it reverse, attach audio from video, or even adjust the Equalizer.
4. Animated Title & Text Presets & Templates
Currently, there are more than 100 titles and text templates available on Filmora, which is far more than the titles presets in iMovie. The advanced text editing feature provides more Customizable settings such as animation, duration, text boards and text shape.
5. Rich Video Effects
Applying visual effects in video footage will make the clip more professional-look and attractive. The effects built-in Filmora video editor includes filters and overlays, you can make use of these effects to create an old film home video or a more ins-like video. Or, you can add a background blur filter to the recorded 9:16 video or add VHS and TV static overlay to create a TV bad signal-like style video.
6. Stylish Transitions for Different Scenes
Applying transition is easy in iMovie, so does in Filmora. There are dozens of transitions available which will make the video flow smoothly from clip to clip. Besides the fade-in and fade-out transitions commonly used in iMovie, you can also add 3D transitions, speed blur transitions, or the transitions designed for slideshow especially.
7. Different Import Formats Support and Wide Output Options
As the best iMovie alternative for Windows, Filmora supports virtually any video/photo/audio format. Just import media files into it, and then you can feel free to edit them in a quick process.
One-click to save your video in almost all the popular formats. You can also transfer your video to different mobile devices, upload to YouTube and Vimeo, or burn it to DVD.
Well, above are the reasons that we chose Filmora as the recommended alternative to iMovie for Windows.
As you can see, Filmora can do almost all the editing features in iMovie such as edit videos, images or audio, add transitions, filters, texts and titles, or elements, or apply animation to video clips, composite green screen footage and more.
Download and have a try or check this video to know how to edit videos in Wondershare Filmora.
Frequently Asked Questions about iMovie for Windows
Here are some FAQs about iMovie for Windows for your reference.
1. Can you get iMovie for Windows?
No, iMovie is only compatible with macOS and iOS, however finding a video editing software you can use on a PC for free shouldn’t be too difficult. Alternatives for iMovie on Windows often offer more than just basic video editing options, which is the reason why you have to choose the video editing software that matches your video editing skills.
2. Is there a program like iMovie for Windows?
Windows Movie Maker was discontinued in 2017, and its replacement hasn’t been released since. The Windows 10 Photos app that comes with the operating system has some basic video editing functions, but you shouldn’t expect too much. That’s why it is better to search for a third-party video editing app you can use on the Windows OS.
3. How much does iMovie cost?
iMovie was and still is completely free. Even if you decide to use iMovie on your iPhone or iPad, you won’t have to pay anything or make in-app purchases.
4. What can I use instead of iMovie on Mac?
Which video editing software you are going to choose depends on how demanding are the projects you will be working on. Filmora is probably one of the best iMovie alternatives because it features rich effects and audio libraries. Moreover, Filmora is compatible with both macOS and Windows 7/8/10, which means that you can use it to edit your videos regardless of the computer you have.
Here are 5 best free iMovie online alternatives that you can use on Chromebook, Linux, Windows PC, Mac, Android, iPhone without downloading.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:59 PM
Here we've selected some of the best alternatives to iMovie for Windows 10.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:59 PM