How to Resize Video in iMovie
Simple edits on your videos can complete uplift the look and impact of the videos. It helps to adjust the main video clip according to various screen sizes and resolutions to make it more devices friendly. This can increase your video’s chances of viewership. With great tools like iMovie you can now resize and crop your videos quite expertly. Here is a look at the resizing of videos on video editing software iMovie.
How to resize video in iMovie
- Start by going to project browser and selecting your video clip that you want to edit. Now click on the crop button to start the resizing. You can also click on the keyboard shortcut R.
- Now within the viewer click on crop. Now drag and reposition the green rectangle to resize your video accordingly. Once you are satisfied with the final size stop pressing the resize.
- Play the video on the viewer to heck the outcome after the resize.
How to resize the video using an iMovie alternative
In some cases, iMovie interface might seem a little too complicated to users. Specifically, for users who do not have prior experience with editing software, iMovie can seem more complicated. Again, the iMovie 11 interface does not support all video formats. This can create a small issue with the users who have no prior experience regarding video conversions before they can even start the resizing process.
Instead, Wondershare’s Filmora is a great alternative to iMovie 11 and can be used by users at any level of technical experience. The process for editing videos on this interface is extremely simple.
- Go to the file section o the interface and to the Import media option to import the videos you want to customize on to the interface. You can also use a video capture device or the in-built option of iSight to record the videos directly on to the Filmora interface.
- Click on the button marked crop on the tool bar section. You will see a pop-up window with resolution options of 16:9 and 4:3 to automatically resize the video to the appropriate screen size.
- You can also manually crop the video by repositioning the crop rectangle on to the main video clip.
- Once you are reasonably satisfied with the cropped video, you only have to click on the ‘export’ button to save your resized video file in a completely new format. You can also directly upload the video on to YouTube, video sharing sites, or burn the clip on t a DVD from the interface.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>