- iMovie Complete Tutorial
- 1. iMovie Basic Editing Tips +
- • Watermark Videos in iMovie
- • Add Mosaic/Censor Effect in iMovie
- • Add Text with iMovie
- • Add transitions to video in iMovie
- • Crop and Rotate Photos/Videos in iMovie
- • Join Clips in iMovie (updated 2019)
- • Add Subtitles in iMovie 11/10/9/8
- • Use iMovie to Edit Videos and Make a Movie
- 2. iMovie Advanced Editing Tips +
- • Stabilize Shaky videos in iMovie [Mac & iOS]?
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video in iMovie
- • Resize Video in iMovie
- • Color Correction in iMovie
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video Clips in iMovie
- • Record and Add a Voiceover in iMovie
- • Use PIP Effect in iMovie
- • Add Background Music to iMovie Project and Videos
- • Fade Music and Audio in iMovie
- 3. iMovie Creative Editing Tips +
- • Make a Movie Trailer with iMovie
- • Create the Glitch Effect in iMovie?
- • Top 5 iMovie Plugins
- • Cool Effects for iMovie
- • Top iMovie Tips
- • Blur Faces in iMovie
- • Zoom in on iMovie
- • Make Stop Motion Videos in iMovie
- • Make Split Screen (Side by Side) Videos in iMovie
- • Reverse Video in iMovie
- • Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie
- • iMovie Themes
- • Add Video Effects in iMovie
- • Use Green Screen in iMovie
- 4. iMovie Alternatives +
- • Free Online iMovie Alternatives
- • iMovie for Windows 10
- • iMovie Alternatives for Win & Mac
- • 7 iMovie Alternatives for Android
- • iMovie for iPad
- • iMovie for iPhone
- • iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- • Best iMovie for Windows
- • iMoive Equivalent
- 5. iMovie Troubleshooting +
How to Get More iMovie Themes?
One nice feature of iMovie is that it provides some built-in themes to make your video appear more professional and vibrant while creating a unique appearance that will have broad appeal. This means that you can use the iMovie themes for different videos, ranging from family gatherings to sporting events to those that fit your own unique vision.
But you may have noticed that the number of iMovie themes is quite limited. So, how to get more iMovie themes? Here I find some solutions for you:
- Solution 1: Get More iMovie Themes from iDVD
- Solution 2: Switch to iMovie Alternative - Wondershare Filmora
- Frequently Asked Questions About iMovie Themes
Solution 1: Get More Themes from iDVD
As far as I can see, no additional themes for iMovie are available at the moment. But if you have used iDVD, you certainly have found an array of menu themes there. Actually, you can add these themes to iMovie. Here is a tutorial:
Step 1. Find and customize the iDVD themes you like
After launching iDVD, choose your favorite menu theme. Then customize it in whatever way you like. You can add your own photos or videos, delete or replace any titles, and change the background. After that, press the play button to preview your work in real-time.
Step 2. Save the edited theme
If you're satisfied with the result, select File > Save as VIDO_TS folder. Then an error message will pop up because you haven't added any video to the project (you only try to export the menu theme). To shut it up, choose the "Open DVD Map" option. In the pop-up window, drag any video file to the "Drag content here to automatically play when the disc is inserted" area - it doesn't matter what video it is. After that, name the theme and save it to any folder you prefer. When it is done, close iDVD.
Step 3. Convert the theme to be added in iMovie
Open the VIDO_TS folder. Then you can use Video Converter for Mac to convert the .VOB file to iMovie compatible format. After that, you can integrate it into your iMovie project.
Check the video below to get detailed information.
Converting the themes in iDVD is really time-consuming, and sometimes it may not work properly. So, if you have figured out some better solutions for getting more themes or trailer templates for iMovie, please do leave a comment and share them with us.
Solution 2: Get More Video Themes from iMovie Alternative - Wondershare Filmora
Still looking for more video themes or trailer templates for your iMovie? The truth is, iMovie 10 doesn’t support third-party plugins and there is no more trailer template or theme template available that Apple iMovie offers.
If you are tired of finding iMovie themes, or the found themes still don't help complete your project, you'd probably want to switch to an easier solution with more choices. This iMovie alternative - Wondershare Filmora is definitely worth a try.
Note: Since all themes in iMovie are consist of titles and transitions, you can get more favorite themes with titles, transitions, and elements in Filmora quickly.
There are about 259 openers, titles, subtitles, lower thirds, and end credits integrated into Filmora already. And you can find more title templates for different scenarios in Filmora effect store - Filmstock.
Besides the core title element in themes, Filmora also features 200+ transitions, including 3D, ripple and dissolve, speed blur, warp, lifestyle, slideshow, linear and plain shape.
You see, Filmora provides you plentiful effects and themes, as well as useful and easy-to-handle video editing tools. If you want to make your video a professional look with some really cool themes and effects, then you definitely should check the Filmstock, which provides so many fantastic effects such as Galaxy, blockbuster, fashion, fitness, beauty, Japanese set, education, and action camera winter sets. Besides, you can get some themes just by sharing them with your friends. Watch the blockbuster effects video below to check how amazing it is.
Related: Learn more about the best iMovie alternatives
Frequently Asked Questions About iMovie Themes
I've organized some of the most asked questions about the video themes in iMovie. I hope the answer below will be helpful.
1. How Many Themes Can You Get in iMovie?
There are currently 14 themes pre-programmed in iMovie, including Bulletin Board, Comic Book, Filmstrip, Neon, News, Photo Album, Scrapbook, Sports, Travel, and more. If you want to get more video themes, you should switch from iMovie to other video editing software for Mac, for example, Wondershare Filmora.
2. How to Change iMovie Themes on Mac?
You can easily change themes. Do one of the following: Click Settings to find the Theme button. Choose a theme in the Change Theme window, then click Change.
3. What Are Included in iMovie Themes?
Most of the iMovie themes are packed with titles and transitions. Below is a simple table about the number of titles and transitions in iMovie.
|iMovie Themes||Number of Titles||Number of Transitions|
Read this step by step iMovie tutorial on how to add transitions in iMovie manually and automatically so that you can move from one movie scene to another smoothly.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 19:12 PM
This iMovie tutorial will teach you how to use iMovie's correction tool to correct video color and produce different video color effects.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 19:12 PM