iMovie provides a wonderful platform for video editing where numbers of video clips can be joined together so easily in order to create something very interesting. It is much easier to navigate between different scenes, edit video clips and save results directly to the digital format without making any changes in the video tape. There are lots of things that iMovie offers to beginners as well as professionals with its easy to use interface and you will never face any quality loss for your end results even after adding lots of transitions, effects and changes. Due to so many incredible features iMovie is considered as one of the best application that is sold by Apple but the sad part is that it works only for iOS and Mac devices.
iMovie tips you should know on Mac
If you are new to iMovie platform then there are lots of editing tricks and tips to learn for you in order to achieve Hollywood style editing results. There are so many keyboard shortcuts that you can use to get faster results; few of these are discussed as below:
- Undo can be done by simply pressing Command+Z.
- For splitting the video clips over playhead prefer to use Command+B.
- The Up-Down arrows can help you to reach at ending and starting portion of each video clip.
- L can be used to speed up any track.
- Use of backslash will help users to play videos directly from initial point.
Below are few useful tips for iMovie on Mac users:
1. Fade In:First of all select the audio clip and then press A for opening audio inspector, choose fade in manual and then drag your slider to desired fade in location, Hit Done.
2. Zoom In:Select the re-timed video clip and then use crop icon to crop selected portion; finally drag this cropped window on image and press done.
3. Slow Down:Simply go to the desired time frame and then right click over it, from drop down menu choose Split Clip. On second portion of split clip you need to press I and an inspector will open. Now set your desired speed.
4. Import Assets:Just create new project using widescreen type aspect ratio; then go to file from top left corner, import your image from any folder.
5. Fill sound gap:In case if you observe any sound gap in your project then select your purple audio clip, go to edit and copy, use edit and paste to fill the gap.
6. Integrate with Facebook:It is possible to export videos directly to social media platform; just go to iPhoto, then Accounts and finally login to your facebook account; you will now be able to select your collection and it also helps to sync images with iLife Photo Browser.
7. Analyze Video:If you want to analyze your recently created video project then go to file on top bar, select Analyze Video from drop down menu and finally go to Stabilization and People.
8. Swap Events:It is possible to swap different video clips over timeline, all that you need to do is use shift button that is available on left most corner of the middle toolbar, it allows users to swap events with just a single click.
9. Fast timeline switching:It helps to provide few more traditional and user friendly editing options; for this you will find switch button on horizontal tool bar at top right corner, it can help you to go to show advanced tools over iMovie platform and finally you need to go to preferences for performing any desired option.
10. iMovie drop Box:With this classic drop box feature you can easily import several files at a time on software timeline. To use this feature you need to download drop box on your device and then all media files can be easily placed inside it.
iMovie tips for mobile editing
The most powerful mobile editor of Apple allows users to create wonders with creative video editing on portable devices too. For all iPhone and iPad users, the following iMovie tips will be very helpful:
1. Fast Preview:From your media library you can easily select any video by tapping over it, hold it and then drag this clip to timeline in order to have a quick preview.
2. Jump between start and end position:It is possible to bring playhead very easily to any position over video clip, even if you have a large project it is much easier to go to beginning and end points. For moving towards beginning, simply tap and then hold the left hand side of your interface and in order to go to the end of video sequence, just tap and then hold the right hand side.
3. Gesture based rotation:This wonderful feature provides user’s ability to rotate any video clip by twisting over screen with their two fingers. The rotations can be performed in clockwise as well as in anti-clockwise direction with simple finger twist.
4. Zooming for reframe:It is possible to reframe any video clip by just zooming it. The magnifying glass available on viewer window will help you to perform such tasks with just two fingers.
5. Freeze your frames:Users can easily freeze any video frame at any desired point by just swiping in upward direction. It serves with frame freezing for 2 seconds.
iMovie alternative for Windows
Window users might be definitely searching for an alternative to iMovie as this software tool works only on Mac and iOS devices. You will be happy to know that Wondershare Filmora can serve you with all incredible features same as iMovie and it works perfectly over Windows environment. The best thing to know about Filmora is that its free to use one month trial version can be directly downloaded from official website of Wondershare. This latest software tool helps users with easy video editing tricks and the easy to use interface serves with quality editing to beginners as well as professionals.