How to Add Transitions between Video Clips in iMovie
- Part 1: How to add transitions to videos in iMovie
- Part 2: An easier way to add transitions to videos in Mac
- Part 3: How to Add Transition to Videos (Video Tutorial)
Part 1: How to add transitions to videos in iMovie
Step 1. pen your movie and select the Transition menu
Open your movie by double-click a movie in the Project browser. If you haven't added a project yet, go to File > New Project to add one and import movies to iMovie and drag the video clips you want to edit from the event browser.
Click the Transitions button to open the Transitions Menu. All of the transitions are displayed there and you can put your mouse over one to preview it.
Step 2. Select a transition and drag it to the project
Find the transition you like, click and drag it to your project between the video clips where you would like to add transitions. An icon shows up as below indicating there is a transition. You can preview the transition effect in the viewing window.
Step 3. Adjust video transitions
Mouse over the transition and hit the gear, choose "Transition Adjustments" and the Inspector will pop up. You can set the transition duration as you like or change a transition style. After the settings, hit "Done".
Part 2: An easier way to add transitions to videos in Mac
To add expressive transition to your video, you can also use an iMovie alternative program like, Wondershare Filmora for Mac(Originally Wondershare Video Editor for Mac). It provides over 60 transition effects for you to choose. Below is a step- by-step guide to explain how to do it.
Step 1. Add your videos to Video Editor
After launching this video editing software, drag your source videos directly to this program. There is a media browser for you to load files from your iTunes library, iMovie, etc.
Step 2. Apply transition effects to your video
You can click the "Transition" tab, choose your favorite one and then drag it to the track to apply. Double click the transition between the clips to preview and hit the gear icon besides the video clips to set the transition duration as you like.
Step 3. Save your files
Part 3: Check the video tutorial about how to add transitions to videos here:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • iMovie tutorials
- 1. iMovie alternatives
- 1.1 iMovie Alternatives for Windows
- 1.2 iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- 2. Basic editing tips for iMovie
- See more
- 3. Advenced editing tips for iMovie
- 3.1 How to add video effects in iMovie
- 3.2 How to add transition in iMovie
- 3.3 How to fade in fade out audio in iMovie
- 3.4 How to use green screen effects in iMovie
- 3.5 How to use PIP effects in iMovie
- 3.6 How to make timelapse/slo-mo video in iMovie
- 3.7 How to get more iMovie themes