- • iMovie tutorials
- 1. iMovie alternatives
- 1.1 iMovie Alternatives for Windows
- 1.2 iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- 2. Basic editing tips for iMovie
- Top 10 Most Common iMovie Problems and Solutions
- See more
- 3. Advenced editing tips for iMovie
- 3.1 How to add video effects in iMovie
- 3.2 How to add transition in iMovie
- 3.3 How to fade in fade out audio in iMovie
- 3.4 How to use green screen effects in iMovie
- 3.5 How to use PIP effects in iMovie
iMovie Update Tricks and Tips that You Must Know
Are you facing difficulty while using iMovie? There are some problems that people are dealing with when they use iMovie such as lack of sound, files distortion, inefficient trailers, undesirable bend results, iMovie crashing, poor camera connection etc. People are also getting trouble to export movies. Slow speed is also a major issue while working with iMovie.
Part 1: What could be the best iMovie alternative for Mac and Windows
You can utilize Wondershare Filmora instead of iMovie for Windows and Mac. You can crop, trim, rotate, split etc your video. The overlays, hand-picked filters and background music can also be added to your video clip with great ease. It is compatible with all the most commonly used audio files, video format and images. All the editing tools will be appeared in the main window thus it is easy to use.
Part 2: Origination of iMovie update
If you want to know more about the iMovie then firstly you have to go through all the versions of iMovie that are given below.
It was the first version of iMovie introduced in the year 1999. It had excellent features and supported by OS 9 and OS 8.6 Mac systems.
It was an updated version of iMovie 1 integrated with Mac OS X and OS 9. This software was accessible for Macs having FireWire.
This video editor was compatible with all Macintosh platforms. When it was released in 2003, initially it was not available free of cost but later on it became free for downloading. The major operating system in iMovie was Mac OS X and had iLife package.
It was introduced in 2004 and part of the iLife package. It supported all the latest versions of Mac. OS X was its main operating system.
As its name suggests, this software illustrated one of the high definition iMovie discoveries when it was released in 2005. It worked well with key Macs under the operating system OS X.
It was the second and only iMovie version created with parameters of high quality. It was compatible with OS X 10.6, OS X 10.5, OS X 10.4 and OS X 10.3.
It was introduced in 2007 and worked well with OS X 10.5 and Mac OS X 10. It was also sold out separately.
This software made great entry into the market in 2009. It was supported by OS X 10.6 and OS X 10.5. It was a part of iLife package.
It was released in 2010 and compatible with almost the entire latest version of Macs.
It was the last version introduced in 2013. Its key operating system was OS X Mavericks.
Part 3: Benefits of iMovie update:
The new version of iMovie 10.1.1 has been designed by the Apple for beginners as well as advanced users. It offers the following benefits:
- There is an improvement in stability.
- Correct display of still images is possible now.
- Apple has solved major issue with the YouTube sharing i.e. the users will be prevented from signing in with multiple accounts.
- You can easily play Sony XAVC S clips that are captured at 120 fps or 100 fps.
- The White Balance adjustments will not be applied to clips.
- Now you can copy the clips by dragging from the Project Media container to events in the Library list.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>