How to make stop motion in iMovie
Stop Motion, also known as Stop Frame Animation, is a highly creative 2D or 3D animation technique that gives the appearance of an object moving by its own. It could be any round or flat image, character or paper cutout that uses small increments between individual pictures to move and gives the illusion of movement upon being played.
3 Tips for Making a Stunning Stop Motion Video in iMovie:
1.Plan and Organize
Create a storyboard before you actually get into the making! Your focus needs to be on single images that together create a story. Think through the different scenes and elements you want in your motion video, have ready scrip and mentally visualize the story.
Make sure that you get the images right the very first time to save time on editing every single image later.
3.Enhance with Audio
While audio isn’t the central feature of a stop motion film, it definitely enhances and heightens the final result. Utilize the energy to add creative elements that heighten the motion video as a whole and not just individual images.
How to Make Stop Motion in iMovie on Mac
1. Open the iMovie Media Browser and import the image sequence using the drag and drop method. This may take a long time depending upon the number of images and the size of the images; wait for the process to complete.
2. Once you have all the images, select all and click on Windows > Clip adjustments.
3. It’s now time to set the duration and then proceeds to select ‘apply to all stills’ and click on ‘Done’.
4. Select and click on ‘Fit’
5. If you wish to add sound effects, drag the sound you want to the frame. You can also change the audio settings be selecting the particular audio clip.
6. On the Windows menu, click ‘Adjustments’. Open the Share menu, click ‘Select using QuickTime’ and SAVE.
7. Open a new project, drag the imported movies, click on them, and click ‘Clips Adjustments’ make changes to match!
8. Click the Share button and export file using QuickTime.
You can watch the video below to check more detailed information.
How to Edit Stop Motion Using iMovie Alternative for Windows
The greatest disadvantage of iMovie is that it is only available for Mac users! Also, it is not possible to transfer music from iTunes with copyright issues and the internet pictures become blurry so the only alternative is using your own pictures. The best alternative is Wondershare Filmora that negates all these problems and can be used by anyone and everyone, on all devices, and with added features and benefits! Check the video below about how to combine the stop-motion videos in Filmora.
If you want to know more about what Filmora can do for you, just check the videos below to get more information about Filmora.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • iMovie tutorials
- 1. iMovie alternatives +
- 2. Basic editing tips for iMovie+
- 2.1 How to make a cool YouTube video intro in iMovie
- 2.2 How to Join Clips in iMovie
- 2.3 How to make a cool YouTube video intro in iMovie
- 2.4 How to Zoom in/out Videos in iMovie
- 2.5 How to Blur Faces in iMovie
- 2.6 Top 10 iMovie Tips You Should Know
- 2.7 Top 10 Most Common iMovie Problems and Solutions
- 2.8 iMovie Update Tricks and Tips that You Must Know
- 3. Advanced editing tips for iMovie+