- iMovie Complete Tutorial
- 1. iMovie Basic Editing Tips +
- • Watermark Videos in iMovie
- • Add Mosaic/Censor Effect in iMovie
- • Add Text with iMovie
- • Add transitions to video in iMovie
- • Crop and Rotate Photos/Videos in iMovie
- • Join Clips in iMovie (updated 2019)
- • Add Subtitles in iMovie 11/10/9/8
- • Use iMovie to Edit Videos and Make a Movie
- 2. iMovie Advanced Editing Tips +
- • Stabilize Shaky videos in iMovie [Mac & iOS]?
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video in iMovie
- • Resize Video in iMovie
- • Color Correction in iMovie
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video Clips in iMovie
- • Record and Add a Voiceover in iMovie
- • Use PIP Effect in iMovie
- • Add Background Music to iMovie Project and Videos
- • Fade Music and Audio in iMovie
- 3. iMovie Creative Editing Tips +
- • Make a Movie Trailer with iMovie
- • Create the Glitch Effect in iMovie?
- • Top 5 iMovie Plugins
- • Cool Effects for iMovie
- • Top iMovie Tips
- • Blur Faces in iMovie
- • Zoom in on iMovie
- • Make Stop Motion Videos in iMovie
- • Make Split Screen (Side by Side) Videos in iMovie
- • Reverse Video in iMovie
- • Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie
- • iMovie Themes
- • Add Video Effects in iMovie
- • Use Green Screen in iMovie
- 4. iMovie Alternatives +
- • Free Online iMovie Alternatives
- • iMovie for Windows 10
- • iMovie Alternatives for Win & Mac
- • 7 iMovie Alternatives for Android
- • iMovie for iPad
- • iMovie for iPhone
- • iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- • Best iMovie for Windows
- • iMoive Equivalent
- 5. iMovie Troubleshooting +
6 Best Free Online iMovie Alternatives
You don’t have to spend a single cent if you would like to perform basic video editing tasks on devices that run iOS and macOS operating systems, since iMovie has all the features you are going to need to create a captivating video.
The situation for PC owners changed recently, as Microsoft ended the support for the last version of Windows7 that featured the Windows Movie Maker. In the previous article, we have covered the desktop-based replacements for iMovie you can use on Windows 10, but each of the options we presented requires you to go through the software installation process.
So, in this article, we are going to take you through the best five free iMovie alternatives you can use online without downloading and installing any programs. Let’s get started.
If you prefer iMovie alternatives for Windows or Mac, you can try Filmora video editor. Compared with those expensive and sophisticated video editing software, Wondershare Filmora video editor is undoubtedly a great choice for the average home or novice users or semi-pros.
For Win 7 or later (64-bit)
For macOS 10.12 or later
Whether you want to edit home movies to send to family and friends or upload to YouTube and Vimeo for sharing, this video editor from Wondershare Filmora can help take your videos to a higher level effortlessly. Here, let’s take a look at the main features of this video editing software.
Filmora is compatible with the Filmstock effects store, an online stock media including video effects, va library for your video projects,video footage, music, sound effects, and stock images as well.
The 5 Best Free iMovie Online Alternatives
The amount of time you are going to need to upload your footage to an online video editing platform depends on the size of each clip you want to include in your video. Furthermore, some online video editors have video size limits, and you must make sure that all video clips you want to edit meet the platform’s demands before you can start working on your project. Here are some of the best free online iMovie alternatives.
This online iMovie alternative is a perfect option for digital marketers and all other video content creators who don’t have the time to edit their footage with professional video editing software. ClipChamp lets you create videos that are optimized for social networks like Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, but you can also use this platform to create slideshows or any other type of video.
Besides enabling you to upload your own audio, video, and image files, ClipChamp also grants you access to huge stock footage and music libraries. However, if you opt for the free version of this platform you will have to pay for all stock audio and video footage you use in your projects.
Furthermore, you can only use the video templates this platform offers if you purchase the Creator subscription model. The maximum resolution of the videos you can create with the free version of ClipChamp is limited to 480p, and you must make an additional payment if you would like to export a project in 720p or 1080p resolution.
- Equipped with a versatile set of video editing tools
- Makes the process of creating social media videos easier
- You can create an unlimited number of videos each month
- The quick and easy upload process
- Videos produced with the free version of ClipChamp are watermarked
- The fees for the right to use the stock footage are expensive
Click to use this online video editing tool >>
Magisto is yet another popular destination for digital marketers who frequently post their videos on social media. Creating YouTube ads, Instagram videos, or editing photos are just a few among the numerous options this video editing platform offers. You must create an account before you start using Magisto’s services, and you will have access to a limited range of features if you decide to create your videos with the free version of the platform.
The process of making a video with Magisto can be completed in three easy steps, as you just have to upload the video clips, select the editing style and pick a song for the soundtrack.
You cannot create videos longer than ten minutes even if you purchase the Business subscription model, while you must opt for at least the Professional pricing option if you want to export your videos in 720p resolution. Adding your own branding or using the platform's cloud storage isn’t possible unless you choose Professional or Business subscription plans.
- The fast and simple video editing process
- Magisto grants you access to huge stock footage libraries
- You can choose from a broad range of video editing styles
- Offers email marketing tools
- Creating videos that are longer than ten minutes is not possible
- The video editing process is automatic
Click to use Magisto to create a video.
3. Adobe Spark
Adobe Spark was first released in 2016, and in just four years it has become one of the most popular online destinations for video editors. Adobe Spark is included in the Creative Cloud, but you can also use it as an individual app in case you have no intention of editing your videos in Premiere Pro or After Effects.
You don’t need advanced video editing skills to create a video with Adobe Spark, but you must create an account on this platform before you can start working on a new project.
Besides making videos, you can use Adobe Spark to edit photos and create Facebook covers, Instagram posts in just a few clicks, since the platform offers more than 20,000 different templates. Adobe Spark lets you share all of your creations on social media, but you should keep in mind that you can only customize your branding if you purchase one of the available subscription plans.
- A perfect social media marketing tool
- No previous video editing experience required
- Excellent social sharing options
- Offers both video and photo editing tools
- Collaborating with other Adobe Spark users isn’t possible with the free version of the app
- Provides only basic video editing options
Creating videos for private, professional, or business purposes with Kizoa doesn’t take too much time or effort. The platform lets you combine audio, image, and video files which gives you almost unlimited creative freedom. In addition, you can also apply transitions and visual effects to your footage, and send it to your friends and colleagues via email or share it on social media.
However, you won’t be able to create videos longer than one minute or export videos in resolutions larger than 720p if you opt for the free version of Kizoa. If you choose the Business version of this video editing platform, you will be able to create 4K videos, and you’ll have access to unlimited cloud storage space.
Moreover, selecting this pricing model will enable you to use RAW format images in all your projects and burn your videos to DVDs. Keep in mind that the maximum duration of the video you can create with Kizoa depends on the type of license you choose.
- Supports 4K video editing
- Features hundreds of video templates
- Lets users choose the aspect ratio of their videos
- Equipped with powerful photo editing tools
- You cannot create videos longer than 1 minute with the free version of Kizoa
- More expensive than its competitors
Video content creators in need of an online video editing platform they can use for private, professional, and educational purposes are going to love using WeVideo.
This web-based video editor is stacked with features that enable you to create captivating videos with ease. In addition to impressive video editing capabilities, WeVideo also enables you to capture your computer’s screen or optimize your videos for playback on different devices.
However, the free version of this online video editor only allows you to export five minutes of video per month while limiting the resolution to just 480p. That’s why choosing the Unlimited, Professional, or Business subscription plans that have no publish time or cloud storage restrictions is a much better option.
Moreover, if you opt for either of these plans, you will be able to export all of your videos in 4K resolution and you’ll have access to premium video editing tools.
- Rich stock footage libraries
- Allows users to export audio files
- Offers screencasting tools
- Provides social media marketing options
- Limited social sharing capabilities
- Adjusting a video’s frame rate is only possible if you purchase the Business subscription plan
Finding an online alternative to iMovie isn’t difficult, because there are a lot of web-based video editing platforms that enable you to perform simple video editing tasks.
Nonetheless, the free versions of online video editors often offer a limited scope of the tools you need to create videos that can attract the attention of online audiences. Still, each of the video editing platform we included in this article can be used to create different types of videos. Which of the five best free iMovie alternatives are you going to choose? Leave a comment and share your opinions with us.
Here we've selected some of the best alternatives to iMovie for Windows 10.
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
To make things even better, glitch effects can be created in all video editing apps that offer only basic video editing tools, so you don't even have to purchase a professional video editor in order t
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM