- • Facebook Guide
- 1. About Facebook+
- 1.1 Everything About Facebook
- 1.2 Top 5 New Facebook Features in 2017 You Should Know
- 1.3 Everything About Facebook Live Split Screen You Should Know
- 2. Facebook Alternatives+
- 3. Facebook Live+
- 3.1 How to Live Stream 360 Video on Facebook
- 3.2 Top 8 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Facebook Live
- 3.3 How to live stream to Facebook with wirecast
- 3.4 How to livestream on Facebook from android and iOS
- 3.5 How to live stream game to Facebook via Xsplit
- 3.6 How to live stream Facebook from PC, Mac or Laptop with OBS
- 3.7 How to Use DSLR for Facebook Live on your PC or Mac
- 3.8 How to Live Stream Xbox to Facebook Live
- 3.9 How to Stream iOS Android Screen, Games or Apps to Facebook Live
- 3.10 How to live stream to facebook from DJI Drone
- 4. Facebook 360+
- 4.1 What is Facebook 360 Video
- 4.2 How to Post 360 Photos on iOS/Android to Facebook
- 4.3 How to take 360 Videos on iPhone for Facebook
- 5. Facebook Video Download+
- 5.1 Top 10 Facebook Video Downloaders for Android
- 5.2 Top 5 Facebook Video Downloader for iOS
- 5.3 Top 5 Online Facebook Video Downloader
- 5.4 How to Download Facebook Videos on Wins/Mac
- 6. Facebook Video Editing+
- 6.1 Facebook Video Maker: How to Make Facebook Video
- 6.2 How to Make your Profile Video More Attractive
- 6.3 How to Watermark Your Facebook Photos/Videos
- 6.4 How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
- 6.5 How to Create and Change Video Cover on Facebook
- 6.6 How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
- 6.7 Top 10 Best Online Facebook Cover Photo Makers
- 6.8 Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for Facebook Video Ads
- 6.9 How to Make Better Facebook Video Ads
- 6.10 How to Use Facebook Slideshow to Make a Video
- 7. Facebook Tips+
How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
You might have seen so many videos that contain captions and assist users to understand content with ease even if audio is turned off. Such types of videos are common on Facebook as well as on Facebook Live Streaming app. You will be glad to know that Facebook has recently launched an advanced automatic captioning tool for Facebook Pages in US and it works for free. But this feature is not yet added to Facebook Profiles, reason being the Facebook pages and profiles use follow large number of feature based differences. If you love to stream videos so often on Facebook Pages then probably you must be searching hard for the caption and subtitle creation option as it allows easy customization. Don’t worry! The article below can provide you complete information to add captions on your Facebook videos:
How to Create Subtitles and Captions for Facebook Video:
Here are a few simple steps to get things done:
Step 1: First of all, you need to move to your video library. In case if you find this library is empty, then you can add videos to it from your personal device. Simply use the upload button to get your video to which you wish to add subtitles or captions.
Step 2: Now use edit video button it will help you to reach at Captions Tab. It offers two selections: Generate or Upload SRT file.
Upload SRT File option:
The great news for adding video captions is that this platform supports various languages. Users can upload captions manually using their desired language. If you want to add captions from SRT file then simply use Upload SRT file option available on screen and get it uploaded from your computer. And then click the Save button.
SRT caption files are usually supported by almost all popular media players and they can be generated by users with the help of standard text editor tools like Notepad++ or MAC OS users can switch to TextEdit option. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Simple open your desired Text editor tool.
- Note that, each caption phrase need to be divided into several numbered sections so start with 1 and then press Enter.
- The standard timing options for SubRip formats use to be milliseconds so you need to divide all phrases respectively into desired time slots. Keep on adding your phrases till the time you cover whole video.
- Now save this text file into SRT format by using Save and then All Files option. Add your desired file name and select file format as .srt. Hit Save option.
- Note: Facebook can't recognize your caption file unless it is named in the format: [two-letter language code]_[two-letter contury code].srt.
For this case, all you need to do is select the Generate option from tool and captions will be automatically added in US English language format.
Now move to the Generate tab where you will find those recently generated captions for your video file. You can edit them as per your preferences. It is possible to pause the video when you are updating your captions.
It is also possible to delete Facebook video captions with ease. Click the trash can option below Caption bar. Check previews of all changes that you have made by editing or deleting your captions.
Save all updates when you are satisfied with preview.
How to Edit Facebook Video Text/Subtitles with Wondershare Filmora:
It is convenient to create captions in Facebook with the automatic generate tool or uploading the .SRT file, but if you want your text/subtitle with more cool visual effects, like dialog balloons, headings, we recommend you to use Filmora. You can easily update intro, credit and captions as well as subtitles to your Facebook videos using Wondershare Filmora tool.
Here are few simple to follow steps:
Step 1: Import your desired Video File:
First if all, you need to add your video file to Wondershare Filmora timeline. Note that it is good to import videos to Media Library first and then access them for editing via library only so that your original video files can stay safe. Use drag and drop feature or Add files option to get your files from Media Library to Timeline.
Step 2: Apply Template:
Wondershare Filmora will provide you a wide range of templates for selection of text formats. You can pick any of these as per need.
- Add Titles:When you are ready to add titles to your Facebook videos, then simply move to Text/Credit Tab on your software tool, here you will find more than 90 text templates. Choose any of these as per your need and finally drag it to title track available on timeline. Soon you will find a text thumbnail on screen with a letter T. Open text editor panel by double clicking on this text thumbnail and now you can start typing you’re your titles. Make selections for animation, color and font type.
- Add Subtitles/ End /Opener Credit:The process for adding subtitles or credits is almost same as that of titles editing. All that you need to do is, drag and drop your desired template from Credit tab to timeline, place this template on your selected video file. Now enter your text based information and make selections for desired animation, color and font type. In case if you are working on Photos then you can also access various built in type editing tools like Motion, Hue, Saturation, Contrast, Brightness, Crop and Rotate etc.
Step 3: Export edited file and Save:
Once you have finished the text based editing task then hit the Export option available on software window. It will provide you six different output selection options, edited file can be send to DVD, Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, Device and one can adjust desired Format for it. If you want to update this edited file on Facebook Page then simply select MP3 as your desired output file format.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>