- Featured Articles
- Video Editing Tips -
- • Free Video Editing Software
- • Mp4 Video Editors
- • How to Trim Videos
- • Free Video Croppers
- • How to Rotate Videos
- • Latest Video Editing Tips
- • How to Loop Videos
- • Best Video Makers
- Screen Recording Tips +
- • Screen Recorder for Win 10
- • Screen Record on Mac
- • Game Video Recorder
- • Record Webcam Videos
- • Record YouTube Video
- Audio Editing Tips +
- YouTube Video Tips +
- Add Video Effects +
FREE Best 10 Video Editing Apps to Edit and Make Instagram Reels
Instagram reels are now trending. People now prefer this short video format to create engaging content for personal as well as professional use. The editable features in the reels allow flexibility and pave the way for creativity. This way, people can make Instagram reels that instantly grab attention and increase views and followers.
The added benefit of using video editing apps is that it enhances the reels and introduces visual perfection. The multitude of professional tools in the apps allows users to edit Instagram reels and personalize them. So, you can easily perfect your reels by using the best Instagram reels video editor right on your phone.
This article will enlist some of the most excellent video editing apps along with their key features.
- Best 10 Video Editing Apps to Edit and Make Instagram Reels on Android and iPhone
- Bonus Tip-The Best Recommended Instagram Reels Video Editor on PC
Best 10 Video Editing Apps to Edit and Make Instagram Reels on Android and iOS
Although there are various video editing apps available, it is tough to choose the best Instagram reels video editor. To help you create and edit Instagram reels, we have rounded up the top 10 apps. Whether you use an iPhone or Android, we have an Instagram reels video editor for everyone on this list. So, read ahead and take your pick.
For Win 7 or later (64-bit)
For macOS 10.14 or later
or Try Filmora App for mobile >>>
1. Wondershare FilmoraGo
Among the best video editing apps, FilmoraGo tops the list owing to its highly intuitive and powerful tools to edit Instagram reels. It allows users to make Instagram reels with their own voiceovers or by adding stunning filters or special effects.
- Picture-in-picture effect.
- Rotate, trim, split videos.
- Royalty-free music.
- Slow-mo or speed up.
- Animated text and stickers.
- Text overlays
2. Instagram app
The Instagram app itself is a great way to make Instagram reels without the need to download video editing apps. Although not many, there are quite a few tools to edit Instagram reels in the app. Users can easily record reels and share them instantly. What’s more, the reels can also be recorded in segments by using the Align tab that merges the multiple clips into a single reel. By using this feature, highly engaging short reels can be created with ease.
- Adjust speed
- Add background music
- Set timer
- Trendy filters
iMovie is an Instagram reels video editor with tons of powerful editing tools to enhance videos. You can make stunning Hollywood-style videos with one-tap tools. The in-built library offers a variety of soundtracks and even has an option to record your own voiceover. You can easily edit Instagram reels by customizing the titles or background to make them attractive.
- Eye-catching video templates
- In-built recorder plus editor
- Multiple video themes
- Animated titles
- Green screen effect
WeVideo is another remarkable tool in the list of top-notch video editing apps. It is hassle-free and can be used online on any device. You can make Instagram reels and upload them on cloud storage. Multiple devices can be synced to edit Instagram reels wherever and whenever required. It is a great Instagram reels video editor for creating amazing short videos to make your profile more attractive.
- Cloud storage
- Green screen effect
- Stock images, videos, and music
- Motion titles
- Supports 4K resolution
5. Adobe Premiere Rush
Instagram video editor like Adobe Premiere Rush is a highly versatile tool for creating engaging content. There is a multitude of stunning features to help users make Instagram reels that stand out from the crowd. You can apply a pan or zoom effect to give videos a professional touch or use the auto-reframe feature to enhance the video quickly. Color presets and attractive templates are also available to make Instagram reels creatively and with ease.
- Motion graphics
- Customizable titles
- Unique built-in templates
- Audio ducking and voiceovers
- Color correction
- Video transitions and animated titles
An easy-to-use Instagram reels video editor, KineMaster, is highly favored both by amateur and professional editors. The multi-track editing tool lets users view up to 9 tracks and at a time and blend layers to create stunning effects that instantly draw attention. The keyframe animation tool is also available to create dynamic videos. By using the picture-in-picture effect, you can make Instagram reels that are very immersive and unique.
- Animated stickers
- Chroma key effect
- High-quality export
- Multitrack editing
- Voice changer
- Keyframe animations
- Blend videos
- Reverse video or adjust the speed
- Powerful sound effects
- Eye-catching filters
- Audio ducking and voiceover
One of the best video editing apps for customizing your videos is Quik. Whether you want to make Instagram reels from preset themes or create your own personalized reels, Quik is your way to go. With a ton of editable features, you can customize the title, overlays, fonts, and even the filter intensity.
- Auto-sync audio to video
- Preset themes
- Apply text overlays
- Add emojis or stickers
- Speed up or apply the slow-mo effect
- Royalty-free music
With Splice, you can make Instagram reels that are catchy and attractive. The easy-to-use professional editing tools in splice allow you to edit Instagram reels with ease and precision. Easily enhance or create exciting videos. Add Hollywood-style effects with a single tap and then share with your friends and family. Splice is easily one of the greatest video editing apps available. However, it is only limited to use on an iPhone or iPad.
- Customize background
- Add outro
- Dynamic transition styles
- Pan and zoom effect
- Trendy filters and effects
- Huge music library
- Audio mixing
- Add narration
- Customize playback speed
If you are looking for video editing apps that are powerful yet easy to use, Videoshop is your best bet. It has a ton of cool features like exciting animated titles and stickers to make highly engaging videos. Moreover, you can edit Instagram reels by adding visual illusions to give your videos a professional touch. Videoshop allows you to add music or sound effects along with customizable titles.
- Add custom sound effects like laughter, audience noise, etc.
- Animated titles
- Stop motion and ken burns effect
- Rotate, tilt-shift, or resize videos
- Multiple layered videos
- Lip sync
- Add video effects
Bonus Tip-The Best Recommended Instagram Reels Video Editor on PC
Filmora from Wondershare is a top-notch editor with high-end editing tools. The variety of filters and special effects are perfect tools to edit Instagram reels. Also, you can add stunning animations by using the keyframing and motion tracking feature.
Here is a step-by-step guide to making Instagram reels.
1. Download and launch Filmora on your PC. Tap on File to click on New Project and choose the aspect ratio 1:1.
2. Tap on File Click on Import Media to import the video to make Instagram reels.
3. Drag the video to the timeline. From the bar above the timeline, click on the paint palette icon and click on Color Match to make the video colors consistent.
4. Click on the target icon to open Motion Tracking. Move the target box to the object or area you want to track and click on Start Tracking.
5. Now, click on the diamond icon for Keyframe Animations. Click on Preset to choose an existing animation. Click on Customize to custom adjust the rotation, position, scale, and opacity.
6. The Titles tab has a variety of text templates. Choose a template and double click or drag it to the track above the video in the timeline. Then, customize the font style, size, color, or animate the text.
7. In the Effects tab, click on Filters. Choose a filter and double click to add it to the timeline. Drag and adjust the duration of the filter.
8. From the Audio tab, double click to add any soundtrack to the timeline. Drag to adjust the audio according to the video.
9. Right-click on the video in the timeline to access more advanced editing options including ripple delete, freeze frame, pan and zoom, and many more.
10. Finally, click on Export. Select a destination device or platform. You can export the video to your smartphones as well as your social media accounts.
11. Go to the Instagram app. Click the plus icon and click on Reels. Then, choose the video from your gallery to upload as a reel.
To sum up
Videos are now essential to make your social presence stand out. And the latest Instagram reels are a great way to achieve that. The high engagement of reels ensures that your profile will attract many views and boost your followers. You can easily make and edit Instagram reels right on the app itself. But, if you are looking for ways to add a little spark to your videos, we suggest using video editing apps.
By using an Instagram reels video editor, you will be able to edit Instagram reels on the go with professional accuracy. We have picked out only the top best video editing apps. So, take your pick and start creating.
Are you an artist using Instagram to share your music? Read on to find out everything about understanding Instagram copyright rules.
by Shanoon Cox May 15, 2023 20:26 PM
Learn how to rotate videos for Instagram with ease using our step-by-step guide for desktop and mobile devices. Create perfect video content for your Instagram feed.
by Shanoon Cox May 15, 2023 20:25 PM
Do you want to learn how to create awesome Instagram videos? Here are some templates and tips that you can use.
by Shanoon Cox May 15, 2023 20:25 PM