How to Burn Pahotos to DVD with Transitions and Music
Photos are precious memories not only for you but also for your family members. As time goes on, the photos might fade out and be unable to retrieve. To avoid this, burn photos to DVD will be a great idea to preserve family memories eternally.
This article will show you how to burn photos to DVD Slideshow with transition, titles and music quickly and easily by using Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe. It also provides some tips on how to burn photos to DVD.
Part 1: How to Burn Photos to DVD with Transition, Titles and Music
Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe can help you quickly create and burn photos to DVD. Download the free trial version this photo DVD maker first.
Step 1. Add Photo or Video Files
In Organize tab, simply click the "Add Files" button to open the browse window, find your files and import them into the program, you can drag and drop photos or videos to organize them on storyboard. Click the Expand button to get a larger viewer.
Step 2. Customize Photo Slideshow Transitions
Generally speaking, transition effects will be automatically inserted between every two photos/videos when you import the photos. But you can customize them by clicking the Personalize tab, then drag and drop a transition from the list to the thumbnail between two slides.
You are also able to add background music here: click the Music button and choose a music file from your computer.
Step 3. Choose DVD Menu
Now switch to Create tab to author a DVD menu from template and burn to DVD disc quickly:
- On the right hand side of the screen, double click on desired menu template to apply a DVD menu template.
- Click the Edit button under the preview windows to customize your DVD menu or right click on menu for more options.
- You can also make a professional DVD menu using dynamic DVD menu templates.
BTW, if you don't want a DVD menu, just check the "Disable DVD Menu" option.
Step 4. Burn Photos to DVD Disc
Now click the Preview button beneath the preview window to make sure the photo DVD slideshow is exactly what you want. Go back to Personalize tab to change if necessary. After that, click "Burn" button to start burning your DVD slideshow to DVD.
You can also output photo slideshow to watch on Youtube, Mobile Phone, iPhone, PSP, etc. through options on the left. Below are the instructions to burn DVD for watch on TV:
- Insert a blank DVD disc, and do the following.
- Click "Burn to DVD". Then specify the number of DVD copies. You can also choose to generate ISO Image files or DVD Folders.
- Make sure the PAL or NTSC TV Standard settings is right. If you don't know which standard is used in your country, click the "Help" button. The wrong TV standard would cause playback incompatibility problem.
- Then click "Start" to burn DVD slideshow. If you have checked Create DVD Folder and/or Create DVD Image File options, the corresponding files will also be created to the specified folder.
Now sit back and relax, when burning complete, insert the created DVD disc into your DVD player to watch photo DVD slideshow on TV.
Learn more: User Guide of DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe
Part 2: More Photo to DVD Tips
More about NTSC/PAL TV Standard
Nowadays, there are three video formats around the world. But each one is incompatible with others. For instance, NTSC is used in North America, Canada and Japan; while most of other regions PAL/SECAM. To apply TV Standard in DVD Slideshow Builder Deluxe, go to "Create" -> Option tab and locate TV Standard option to select NTSC or PAL. If you are not sure which one to choose, please click "Help" button, select your country, then click "OK" , the program will choose the right TV standard for you.
Burn Photos to DVD/CD as Data Disc
If you only want to burn photo to DVD for backup and further use, you only need a burning photo to DVD software like ImgBurn (Free) or Nero (commercial). These software helps you burn all digital media files to DVD, of course you can burn photos to DVD for backup purpose. Notice that some photo DVD maker allows you burn slideshow as well as the original photos. This way, you turn photos to DVD slideshow with transition, and at the same time, backup photos to DVD for other uses.
Scan Photos to DVD - Digitize Photos
If you use traditional camera and have got loads of photos in album, you can scan photos to computer so that convert photo to digital format. Afterwards, you can get more from these digital photos, like backup photos to DVD, send to others as DVD gift, make a photo DVD show to play on TV, etc. All these could be done with your favorite photo DVD maker software. Now see how to transform your printed photos to digital first:
Select a good photo scanner -> Prepare your photos to scan -> Start photo scanning -> Adjust scanned photos
Scanning printed photos to computer is not an easy job. It needs patience and some tips and tricks. As you may know, some companies provide photo scanning service. For the Step 4, you can also adjust digital photos in your selected photo DVD maker. Anyway, you need to get your digital photos ready before you burn photos to DVD with transitions and music.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- •Windows Movie Maker Editing Tips
- 1.1 Choose the Right Video Slideshow Maker: Make Video from Photos
- 1.2 Video Movie Maker for Windows 8: Easily Make Video Movie
- 1.3 How to Make a Slideshow with Music
- 1.4 How to Burn Photos to DVD with Transitions and Music
- 1.5 Best Photo Slideshow Maker: How to Make a Photo Slideshow
- 1.6 Movie Making Software: How to Make a Touching Home Movie
- 1.7 How to Make a iMovie Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.8 Graduation Songs for Slideshow
- 1.9 Free DVD Menu Templates
- 1.10 How to Make a FLV Photo Slideshow
- 1.11 How to Create a Facebook Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.12 How to Make a Happy Birthday Video Slideshow
- 1.13 How to Create Collages Using iPhoto
- 1.14 Wondershare Photo Story Platinum