- •Windows Movie Maker Editing Tips
- 1.1 Choose the Right Video Slideshow Maker: Make Video from Photos
- 1.2 Video Movie Maker for Windows 8: Easily Make Video Movie
- 1.3 How to Make a Slideshow with Music
- 1.4 How to Burn Photos to DVD with Transitions and Music
- 1.5 Best Photo Slideshow Maker: How to Make a Photo Slideshow
- 1.6 Movie Making Software: How to Make a Touching Home Movie
- 1.7 How to Make a iMovie Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.8 Graduation Songs for Slideshow
- 1.9 Free DVD Menu Templates
- 1.10 How to Make a FLV Photo Slideshow
- 1.11 How to Create a Facebook Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.12 How to Make a Happy Birthday Video Slideshow
- 1.13 How to Create Collages Using iPhoto
- 1.14 Wondershare Photo Story Platinum
How to Make a Slideshow with Music
Nowadays, we tend to store our experiences of important occasions in photos and videos since cameras and camcorders are popular. To better preserve these sweet memories, make a slideshow with music, photos and videos is a good idea. It's not as difficult as you think since all you need are: a good slideshow maker, photos and videos you want to show, music to go along with your slideshow. Here is a tutorial about how to make a slideshow with music with Wondershare Filmora video editor and Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder .
Read more: 20 Best Slideshow Songs for Different Occasions [Royalty-Free]
How to create slideshow with music in Filmora?
Note: The video tutorial about how to make slideshow in minutes is created with the previous version of Filmora video editor. Most of the steps are similar and creating a music slideshow with the latest Filmora is very easy. As we said before, all you need is your photos and music tracks, then follow the steps below to start.
Step 1. Download Filmora and Run it
Click the Free Download button above to download and install Wondershare Filmora on your computer and then launch it.
In case you want to change the default aspect ratio setting in the splash screen, you can choose 9:16 for portrait mode, 1:1 for Instagram slideshow and more. And then click New Project to create a project to continue.
Step 2. Import Photos and Music
After that, you need to import all your photo and music media to the Media Library and then drag and drop them to the timeline directly. Filmora allows you to change the order the photos in the timeline, and the photo duration as well.
You can also rotate photos and crop them manually to fit your project.
Note: If you find some black bar on your photos in preview, it is recommended to change Photo Placement to Crop and Zoom under Preference before drag-n-drop to timeline.
Step 3. Add Transitions
There are hundreds of transitions available in Filmora which you should totally have a try. You can apply a specific transition between each selected photo, or apply random transitions to selected photos.
Filmora features more than 30 transitions especially for Slideshow, such as cross merge, cross split, swap and sweep clockwise. Of course, you can also use some 3D transition, ripple and dissolve, or speed blur transitions.
You can also adjust the transition duration accordingly.
To make your photos slideshow looks better, it is highly recommended to apply filters and overlays effects.
Step 4. Add background music
You can choose background music or sound effect from the inbuilt audio library in Filmora or drag and drop the music track file from computer to the timeline directly. Filmora features the voiceover recording tool which helps you to record your own voice easily.
Step 5. Export and Save
Finally, it’s time to save and export the music slideshow as you see fit. You have several options, you can save it on the computer in different formats, or you can share it to YouTube or Vimeo directly, or you can burn it to DVD.
Why choose Filmora to create music slideshow?
- Filmora supports most of popular image formats such as .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tif, and .tiff.
- Filmora allows you to crop, pan & zoom the slideshow manually or automatically by applying Pan & Zoom Photo Placement.
- Filmora has inbuilt music track and sound effect library, and stunning transitions, effects and elements presets.
- Filmora allows you to record your own voiceover and apply fade in and fade out effects.
- Besides creating photo slideshow, you can use it to create videos for both your YouTube marketing, daily sharing and business.
How to make a slideshow with DVD Slideshow Builder
Tips for Make a Slideshow with Music
1. Install slideshow software and import photos and videos
Install the software and import your digital photos to the storyboard by clicking '"Add Files" (there is no quantity limitation of photos). You can also add videos from computer or camera.
2. Add music to your photo slideshow
Go to the "Personalize" tab. Click "Music" toolbar to add background music or just drag the music to the background track. In the timeline, you can drag the slider to make the music best suit the photos and videos. If you need to edit the music, double click the clip and in the pop up window, trim music and adjust music volume as you like.
Tip: If you want to synchronize background music with the slideshow, click "Settings" (it's on the right upper corner) and choose "Slideshow" tab, then tick the checkbox under the "Synchronize". At last, click "OK" button.
3 .Select movie styles and add decorations
There are also 480+ free styles and transition effects that can be used for your picture slideshow with music in this tab. Choose your favorite styles and drag it on the photos. You can also add decoration text, clipart and effects on your digital photos. To make add more fun, you can also add intro movie and credit movie to your picture slideshow with music by clicking the "Intro/Credit" build-in button.
4 . Preview and save your slideshow with music
Go to "Publish" tab, you can preview the photo video by click the preview button first. Then publish it to the format you want. If you want to watch your photo slideshow with music to iPod or iPhone, you'd better publish it to MP4 format. This slideshow software also enables you to share your slideshow directly to YouTube by filling in the necessary information. Besides, you can burn DVD slideshow with music by clicking the "Burn to DVD" button and putting a DVD disc in your computer.
We shared two ways of making slideshow with music, whether you are using Filmora or DVD slideshow maker, leave a comment below and let me know your choice.
Absolutely easy to make a slideshow with music using iPhoto and export to watch on Apple TV.
by Shanoon Cox Feb 22, 2023 14:41 PM
A graduation slideshow is a great memorabilia to have and share with your family later down the road. Here're 3 tips to keep in mind
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:51 PM