TikTok is probably the most popular video-sharing app in the world right now. Many TikTokers have become famous for making videos that have a significant impact and encourage creativity and new ideas. One of the most popular TikTok trends is the split-screen effect. You've probably seen a lot of TikTok split-screen videos with cool effects that made you wonder how the user split their screen. Becoming skilled in using TikTok effects is not as difficult as it might look. It only requires a significant amount of practice. Read on as we show you how to make a TikTok split-screen video.
In this article
Using CapCut To Split Screen
CapCut is the official free TikTok Video Maker and Video Editor with Music for TikTok that is multifunctional. Its interface is quite similar and easy to use.
CapCut includes free advanced capabilities such as keyframe animation, stabilization, and Picture-in-Picture (PIP). These are in addition to its fundamental functions, such as video editing, adding stickers, text, and music.
Steps to Split Screen Video with CapCut On Android and IOS Devices
- To use the app, you need to install it first. iPhone and Android users can download CapCut. Navigate to the appropriate app store of your choice and download CapCut.
- After installation, launch the app.
- Then go ahead and grant CapCut permission to view your camera roll. Incorporating video clips into your project has never been easier. Go to the app's main screen and select "New Project" from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm your selection, click the green Accept This confirms that CapCut requires access to your photographs to function correctly. Tap on the button on the following pop-up window to gain access to all the photos. This is a one-time process that must be carried out the first time you launch the application.
- Begin a New Project. After opening the app, press the "New Project" icon to bring up a new screen showing your device's videos.
- Choose a video clip. Locate the desired video clip for your project by scrolling through the pages displaying your camera roll. Tap the video's thumbnail and then tap the "Add" icon in the screen's lower part.
- Get familiar with your workspace. Upon uploading your first clip, CapCut leads you to the primary workspace. This is where you will spend most of your time within the app. The preview panel, the timeline, and the toolbar are in order from top to bottom.
- View the toolbar and timeline. They represent your screen's bottom half. The timeline, located below the preview panel, is where you'll make all your adjustments. You can access all your video editing tools, including split, text, audio, effects, stickers, and more, on the toolbar at the bottom of your screen.
- Split video clips. To split a video clip in half, move the play head to the desired location on the timeline. Tap on your clip, then press the "Split" toolbar icon. Your result now shows two different clips, not just one.
A Better Split-Screen Effect Video Editor
FilmoraGo is one of the best free HD video makers and video editors with several functionalities, including text, backgrounds, filters, special effects, emoji, audio, and special effects.
FilmoraGo is a feature-packed video editor which has a variety of tools to work with. With this video editor, producing memes, videos with images, pictures, music, stickers, and sound effects and editing videos for YouTube, Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, TikTok, and Instagram is simple and entertaining.
Steps to Split Screen Video with FilmoraGo
- Download FilmoraGo from the App store
- After installation, launch it.
- Click on “Continue” to continue to use the app.
- Click on Allow to grant FilmoraGo access to your photos and videos.
- You can now tap on “New Project” with the + Symbol.
- Select your desired video and tap on “Next” at the bottom right of your screen
- You can select various options from the bottom of your screen to edit the selected video the way you like.
- Click on trim, and then you will see the different split-screen and collage feature options. Pick any that appeals to you.
- When you are done with the editing, tap on “Export” at the top right of your screen.
- Go ahead and tap on “Export” on the next screen. Your video will be successfully exported and saved to your camera roll.
Using FilmoraGo is very efficient in splitting your videos and making collage features for TikTok. It is a very simplified app available on both the Google Play Store and Apple Appstore.
TikTok is a platform that users use worldwide to create and share content. It could be pictures, videos, reels, or any other media type. Some people create videos for their audience on TikTok to educate them, while others do it to entertain them.
In any case, the goal is to build a more significant following on TikTok and garner greater attention from its users. You could even make money off the app.
One of the methods to impress your fans and explore multiple possibilities to build unique reels is to use the TikTok split-screen and collage feature effect available on TikTok. Although there are a few different ways to create a Split Screen on TikTok, the steps highlighted in this article are the most straightforward.