WhatsApp Status is a unique feature that allows you to post an image, video, text, or animated video, all of which will be deleted after 24 hours, on your mobile device. As long as each video is no longer than thirty seconds, you can choose to post numerous videos at once. So, if you have been looking for free ways to split video for WhatsApp on all platforms, this article is for you. It provides you with the best video editors for trimming videos for WhatsApp statuses on the Google Play Store and Apple Appstore.
In this article
How to usePhone's built-in function to split videos for Whatsapp status
When the length of your intended videos on WhatsApp status is more than thirty seconds, you have a few choices: to cut or split them up into smaller pieces.
You do not require a third-party app to split or trim your videos however you see fit. If You are making use of an Android device, be sure to follow each of the procedures below very carefully:
- On your Android device, launch the app known as Gallery.
- Tap on the video you want to trim or split into segments.
- Go to the bottom of your device and tap the ‘edit’ button.
- When you go to the next screen, you can adjust the sliders to include your desired footage on the next screen.
- Proceed to save the clip by tapping the ‘Save’ button in the screen's upper-right corner.
Please note that the feature’s availability depends on the Android device manufacturer, Although most Android devices have the inbuilt feature.
Using the Photos app, you can modify the length of your videos from your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. You can modify your video's start and finish times using the Photos app, allowing you to create a shorter clip. You can accomplish this by carefully following the procedures that are mentioned below:
- Launch the Photos app, then select the video clip you wish to edit from the gallery.
- Tap on the ‘edit’ button.
- To adjust the beginning and end times of the video, simply move the sliders on either side of the timeline. Tap on the ‘play’ button to see a preview of the video that you have trimmed.
- Tap "Done," and then tap "Save Video" or "Save Video as New Clip."
WhatsApp Inbuilt Function
You can use WhatsApp’s built-in trimming feature when you want to upload videos on WhatsApp status longer than thirty seconds. It's effortless and straightforward to trim and split the video this way. To do this, carefully follow the steps below:
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your mobile device.
- Then select the Status button from the menu that appears.
- After that, navigate to the top of the page and select the My Status
- Now add the video you intend to use as a status update from the gallery on your phone.
- A slider will display at the top of your device as soon as the video is chosen to play. Slide this bar to the left or right to select a thirty-second segment of the video to be used.
- You can choose to adjust the position of the slider to cut off either the beginning or the end of the clip as necessary.
- You may also decide to add text to the video by utilizing the icons at the top of the screen of your device, cropping the area, and adding stickers or emojis to your creation.
- Now click the "Send" icon once the video has been shortened to precisely 30 seconds, and it will be uploaded immediately as your status.
How to use Other Apps to split and edit video for Whatsapp status
You can choose to split or trim your videos using one of several third-party apps that are readily available. You can look into downloading these apps from either Google Play Store or the App Store, depending on the type of device you have.
There are many 3rd-party apps available for Android that extend the functionality of popular official apps. Fortunately, many video splitting and trimming apps are accessible from the Google Play Store, so you may choose the one that best suits your needs. However, we have compiled a selection of Apps for your consideration.
FilmoraGo – This app allows you to split up large videos into thirty-second segments or any desired length and post them as a single story. Splitting videos to update your Whatsapp status doesn't require using different apps. Video Splitter allows you to split your videos and share them to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts directly from your desktop.
Crop, Cut & Trim Video Editor - This program makes trimming and cropping easier. It's also possible to enhance the colors and blur the video, just like in Photoshop. Easy-to-use controls allow you to quickly crop, blur, or cut any area of a video you'd like.
Easy Video Cutter – Here is another video splitter app that does the required task well. It is an editing tool without a watermark in edited videos. Its main features are to cut videos, merge videos, and extract MP3.
Other apps are Video Editor & Maker, Story Video Cutter, Easy Video cutter PRO and lots more.
On the other hand, the Apple App Store does not contain nearly as many third-party applications as the Google Play Store does. However, there are still certain apps capable of doing the job reasonably well.
Video Cutter and Clip Splitter - With this app, you can effortlessly cut and split your large videos into smaller segments and just keep what you need. When the video is in the desired position, you may easily split it into segments by pressing the split button.
Cut, Trim, Split Video Editor – You can simply Cut/Delete undesired bits of a video using this app. You can use the right frames to trim your video clips, cut them in half, and save them as two separate pieces. It has an extra feature that allows you to import your videos from Cloud and via Wi-Fi.
Other Apps in the App Store are VidTrim, Video Splitter, and lots more.
How to use Online Sites to split videos for Whatsapp status
There are numerous video splitter web programs available on the internet. These programs provide a very basic and easy way to trim any small video file. You don't need to install anything, as they operate from your browser. The tool is made so that you can move two markers that let you choose where the videos start and end.
Are you looking for a web app that can provide you with a quick video editing solution? Then this online video splitter is what you require. This video cutter supports nearly every format, including MP4, AVI, MPG, MOV, and VOB. The application provides extensive security for your files. Your files are protected to a great extent by this web app as well.
Video Cutter Online - This online tool splits your video into pieces and is an excellent solution for editing any short video file. This program, on the other hand, does not require any installation. Not only can you split videos with this tool, but you can also decide to frame them to your liking and modify the frame proportion.
Split Video – If you are ever tired of having to deal with splitting large or lengthy video files, then this web app is designed for you. This is one of the best online tools for splitting video and audio. With an easy-to-use interface, this app gives you an effective way to split your videos online for free.
Other online tools are Ezgif, Kapwing, Apowersoft Split Video Online, and lots more.
So there you have it, the best free ways to split video for WhatsApp on all platforms. It is essential to point out that while third-party mobile apps are easy to use, you risk becoming irritated by unfriendly interfaces and unwanted advertisements if you choose to download and use them. But it must be acknowledged that third-party video editing applications can be helpful in giving videos more possibilities. The built-in function on smartphone devices and the WhatsApp app will always be more reliable than third-party apps for splitting, trimming, and cutting small videos. So, while these apps are adequate for basic splitting and trimming, they do not provide advanced editing features. Nevertheless, if you need more advanced features, employing the tools available online is the best option.