When you watch a video online, it’s usually has a title and description. But what if the viewer doesn’t speak the same language as the speaker? Thankfully, there are subtitle maker online that you can use to create subtitles for any video.
Subtitles are excellent for those who want to learn a new language. It is also suitable for those who have trouble hearing. These subtitles can be added to the video by using subtitle maker online. Many subtitle makers are available, but we will discuss the top 10 subtitle creator online.
Best Free Subtitle Makers to Add Subtitles to Video Online
1. Adobe Creative Cloud Express
Creative Cloud Express is re-branded from Adobe Spark, a web and mobile app for creating multimeadia content. With Creative Cloud Express, you can add subtitles or captions to videos online without downloading any software on your computer. It also provides lots of editing tools such as convert video to GIF, reverse videos, merge videos, resize videos for different social, and change video speed.
You can use Creative Cloud Express for free, which includes most core features, but if you want to upgrade to use all features and assets, you may need to pay $9.99/month for the premium plan.
To add subtitles to video with Creative Cloud Express, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/video/add-subtitle and click Add subtitles to your videos now to get started. Follow the instruction to sign up and sign in your account.
- Adobe will ask you to pick a story template, but you can always start from scratch. Here I will choose a template.
- Now import video or picture material from your computer, and adjust its position in the timeline.
- Pick from a variety of subtitle layout alternatives and change the text size as necessary.
- After adding titles and subtitles to your video, click the Download button to save your video to local computer.
If you can’t purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud Express subscription, use the free Media.io instead. This online program will help you effortlessly make subtitles on your mobile or computer browser. With it, you can add subtitles to video formats like WebM, MP4, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, and many others.
Media.io boasts an AI-powered subtitle generator that does all the heavy lifting as you wait for the subtitle tracks. It can convert video voice narrations to English, Spanish, German, and other common languages. Besides adding subtitles, Media.io Auto Subtitle Generator also supports trimming, cropping, adding background music, and more. And yes, it’s free to use.
To use Media.io auto subtitle creator online, follow these steps:
- Go to Media.io Auto Subtitle Generator Online, and then tap Upload Files Now to open the editing studio.
- Click the upload button to browse and add a video you want to customize with a subtitle. You can also directly add a YouTube video by clicking the From URL button.
- Next, click the green plus (+) button on the uploaded video to add it to the timeline. Alternatively, drag and drop the video there.
- Now select the video, tap Subtitles on the left pane, and choose Auto Subtitle. You can now select the subtitle language before clicking Start auto-subtitle.
- Once the subtitle tracks have been added, choose an aspect ratio for the video and export. That’s it!
As one of the best online video editors, Kapwing allows you to add subtitles to the video easily. It gives three options for adding subtitles: upload an SRT file, manually add them, or have them auto-generated. It opens the video in the online video editor in either situation.
You can place subtitles anywhere on the screen, and you can relocate them at any time. Apart from that, you can customize the text’s appearance with formatting options, text color, and background color. However, you can export videos up to 30 minutes long for free, and to export longer video, you need to pay $16 per month. And in order to download the edited video without a watermark, you must create an account.
To use Kapwing subtitle creator online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.kapwing.com/subtitles, and upload your video file.
- On the Add Subtitles screen, choose the method for adding subtitles: add subtitles manually, or use auto-generated, or upload .SRT file. Here I will try add subtitles manually.
- When adding subtitles, make sure the timestamps are correct on the video. (If required) Set the time for precise sync (if desired).
- Click the “Done” button to return to the main editor. Click Export Video and then download it with embedded subtitles.
Clideo is a video creation app that lets users add subtitles to their own videos. You can add subtitles in any language from an official list of languages available on the website. After adding the subtitle, you can re-position it anywhere on the screen with a few clicks. For free users, Claudio only allows HD exports, and they cannot download the video without a watermark.
To use this subtitle maker online tool, follow these steps:
- Visit https://clideo.com/add-subtitles-to-video and click Add subtitles to your videos now to get started after you register yourself on Clideo with your email id and password.
- Upload the video file from local storage, Google Drive or Dropbox, and then pick an option for adding captions: manually or using a subtitle file. Select the first instance, click “Add subtitle,” type your text, and set the timings.
You can also add a title, leader lines, and subheadings to your presentation. The font, color, background, size, and slide alignment are adjustable.
Veed.io is another easy-to-use web video editing tool with several subtitle options for adding subtitles. You can add subtitles quickly and easily, type them manually or upload them in SRT file format.
Veed is an automated subtitling platform that helps people add subtitles online to their YouTube videos without using off-the-shelf subtitle processing software. It is suitable for individuals who have no time or patience to type out long sentence structures one letter at a time. You can start without an account.
You can choose the color of the text, the background of subtitles, and more, to make your film look more attractive. It allows you to share your movies with friends via social media networks like Twitter and Facebook.
To use Veed subtitle creator online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.veed.io/tools/auto-subtitle-generator and click on “Get Started.” You can select a blank project or a template.
- Go to the Project Settings section on the left. Choose any one of them depending on your requirements and click Next.
- While using automated transcription, you have to upload.SRT subtitle file or enter the transcript manually.
- You can also personalize the text, color, size, font, alignment, and anything else you want.Make changes to the timeline and then sync the subtitles.
- After that, go to the Export and save the video.
Flixier is one of the most accessible tools to add subtitles online. Flixier is an efficient auto subtitle generation and syncing platform. You can add any video file type with auto subtitles in Flixier. You can add auto subtitles to MPEG, MP4, MOV, AVI, or any other file on your system. There is no need to convert the video or do extra work. This automatic subtitle maker takes care of everything.
Flixier allows you to make a video subtitle automatically and manually create one or add a subtitle from your computer. You may submit any type of subtitle file (SRT, VTT, ASS, SSA, TXT).
To use Flixier subtitle maker online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://flixier.com/tools/auto-subtitle-generator and click on “Get Started.”
- You must first upload your videos to the Flixier library to create subtitles automatically.
- You may do so by uploading from your computer, importing from cloud storage services, or straight from YouTube, Zoom, or Twitch.
- After importing them, you may drag and drop your movie clips on the Flixier timeline.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click on one, and a button saying “Generate Auto Subtitle” will appear on the right. After you’ve finished your work, click start to have your subtitling generated and added onto the timeline where you can continue making changes.
- Finally, Flixier’s cloud rendering engine lets you export your film in minutes.
- Now, you may save the video to your computer or send it straight to social media.
7. Subtitle Horse
Subtitle Horse is a browser-based subtitler for online video captioning. There are many features, such as real-time validation, an interactive timeline, and shortcuts. Subtitle horse is highly configurable: Subtitles may be made by both amateurs and experts. Users must create an account to upload videos.
With the free version of subtitle horse, you may add subtitles and captions to your video. You may export your subtitles in the necessary formats (SRT, TimedText, WebVTT, etc.). The video can be accessed online, on a platform like YouTube, Dropbox, or others.
To use Subtitle-Horse subtitle creator online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://subtitle-horse.com/ and click on “Create subtitles with the free version.”
- Upload your video or add a URL by clicking the “Add Project” button
- Click “Next” and select “Frame Rate” and “Waveform.”
- Click “Start Subtitling”
- After adding subtitles, you can download them for free or buy HD-quality MP4 videos.
8. Subtitle Bee
SubtitleBee understands and automatically translates more than 120 languages across the world. Before uploading your video, simply choose your language and let SubtitleBee handle the rest by adding subtitles in your desired language.
The algorithm is about 95% accurate in detecting your voice and adding automated captions based on most languages. AI subtitle translation allows you to translate subtitles into other languages. You can use it for free with limited features and watermarked files. There is a time limit on free trial accounts, so you can add videos shorter than 10 minutes in length.
To use Subtitle-Bee subtitle maker online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://subtitlebee.com/ and click on “Add subtitles now”
- Then select the language of the current media voices.
- Now, Upload your video or paste a URL from Youtube, Vimeo, or self-hosted.
- Make any modifications as needed by editing the subtitles to meet your demands.
- Simply add the text you want and customize it to your own needs.
- Choose the social networking site that you wish to publish on.
- Download and encode your video with the subtitles included.
Fastreel allows you to create a video with subs and change the text settings: font, size, color, style, and position. A free membership will allow you to produce and share videos in the format of your choice, as well as access stock media. The cost of a paid subscription is $5.95 per video.
Furthermore, there are several colorful templates for various events — explainer videos, wedding films, YouTube intros, customer testimonials, and so forth. To personalize each template, you may use your own photos, films, music, and text. Plus, every template has its own title and transition style. Fastreel is not made for professional users; it’s a tool for novices and those searching for fast answers.
To use Fastreel subtitle creator online, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.fastreel.com/add-subtitles-to-video.html and click on “Add subtitles now”
- Click the Add Your File button to upload any MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV, or MP4 content less than 500 MB in size. You can add subtitles only to the first hour of a film; therefore, it’s best to pick one with fewer subtitles.
- To add an SRT file to a video, select Upload SRT. You can modify each caption and its timing.
- You can also alter the text’s font, size, color, style, and position. The button labeled “Download SRT” allows you to save the subtitles file for later use.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Continue.
- After finishing, click the Export button. Choose a name and destination for your video, then choose a format. You’ll see the export window where you can select a save option that is appropriate for you. Subtitles will be permanently added to the video.
EZGIF is a well-known website for animated GIFs. EZGIF has several tools for GIFs, Photos, and Videos. It offers an online tool to add subtitles to videos that you may use. It’s pretty simple to utilize and provides two methods for adding subtitles. You can upload a maximum of 100 MB on EZGIF. If your video is larger than 100 MB, you may compress it using EZGIF.
To add subtitles to a video on EZGIF, follow these steps:
- Go to https://ezgif.com/video-subtitles.
- Upload a video file or copy and paste the URL of a video available on the internet.
- To add subtitles, click the “Upload” button. To enter them manually, scroll to the bottom of the screen.
- Simply type the subtitle in the box, then set the time duration for when it should appear in the video. To cover the whole video, you may add more subtitles as well.
- After that, click “Add Subtitles” and then save the output.
Promo is a website that makes promotion easier. This online tool lets users add basic subtitles to videos with ease as a video creation software. This site is free of charge and does not require registration to use the subtitle function, but it does give you an ad at the beginning of your finished video.
Using Promo, you may add video captions or subtitles from your browser anytime, anytime, anyplace. There’s no need to download anything; it’s as simple as clicking a link. The free version comes with a watermark. For the ad-free version, there is a $99/month fee.
To add subtitles with Promo subtitle maker online, follow the steps below:
- Go to https://promo.com/tools/add-subtitles-to-video.
- Upload the video you wish to caption or subtitle.
- You can use one of the platform’s professionally designed video templates or premium clips to construct a new film from the ground up.
- To add a caption to your video, after uploading it in Promo’s video editor, click the circular pink plus sign to the left of the timeline. Choose “Add Caption” from the dropdown menu.
- After you’ve added and positioned, and designed your subtitles with beautiful text and colors, click Save & Preview to view your creation and publish or download it.
If you need subtitles for your videos, it is important to find the best subtitle maker online that will suit all of your needs. Whether you are looking for a free option or want something with more customization, there are plenty of options available online. Check out our list, and make sure to choose one that suits what you need!