YouTube Video Editor gives you the capacity to edit your video straight from the YouTube platform; these include videos that has already been published or shared. In the first part, we’re going to teach you how to edit your published YouTube videos without losing video ID and URL, in the second part, we offer an advanced video editing tips for edit published videos.
Edit Existing YouTube Videos
Let me walk you through a familiar situation, you spend all night trying to make your video perfect, uploaded it on your YouTube channel and shred it to your social media accounts. Then you noticed that you need to repair something. The normal approach back then is to delete the video, re-edit using offline tools and then re-upload it again. Clearly, this process takes too much time. Furthermore, it changes the ID of your video which means that the previous embed will no longer work.
- 1. The first thing you need to do to edit uploaded/published YouTube videos is to sign-in with your Google account.
2. After signing-in, you now have the option to view all your uploaded videos. You can access the 'Edit Video' feature at Video Manager.
- 3. You can now edit existing YouTube video using basic tools such as stabilizing the hand-held footage, changing the color, improving the contrast and rotating the video. You can also use the ‘one-touch correction’ that instantly corrects the quality of your video. There are also myriads of filters added by YouTube which was developed by Picnik.
- 4. After you are happy with your edited video, you can now click save.
- 5. The video will be processed like the time you first uploaded the video.
Note: In case you are not happy with the video that you edited, you can always revert back to your original video. Videos with more than 1,000 views will be saved as a new video after the editing. You may also add notes and annotation to your Videos. This annotation may appear alongside with the video depending on the time that you want it to appear.
Related article: How to add annotation to your YouTube video
Advanced Tips to Edit Uploaded/ Published YouTube Videos
It is true that YouTube Editor provides us a handy platform that allows us to edit existing YouTube videos in an efficient ways. However, the tools they provide are too basic. If you want to perform a more complex editing, you will need an offline editor such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovei or Adobe Premiere. But if you are looking for an advanced editing tool, we highly recommend Wondershare Filmora. It is highly compatible with different image, audio, and video format. It is just as simple as importing the video and editing them.
- Want to know how to edit videos on iMovie? Check this iMovie Video Editing Guide
- Want to know how to edit videos on Windows Movie Maker? Check this Windows Movie Maker Video Editing Guide
- Want to know how to edit videos on Adobe Premiere? Check this Premiere Video Editing Guide
The downside, however, is that you will lose the original ID of the video. This may serve as a problem if you have already shared the video before since the views may disappear. A good solution to this problem is to place an annotation to the old video telling your followers that you have created a better quality of the video then direct them to the link.
YouTube Editor is a great tool to edit existing YouTube videos, but if you are looking for a more advanced feature for complex editing, Wondershare Filmora is your all-in-one editing solution.Check this easy to use and powerful video editor-Wondershare Flimora,and ignite your video by clicks.